1 thing all the teams of the playoff drought have in common

We saw it again today. They hang in there in big games. The D plays way over their heads, the Offense is mediocre but it has the chance to win on one drive if they're clutch. The Offense put together a decent drive and then there's the inevitable bad refereeing decision which is a gut punch and we don't recover. Today on the last drive there were 2 bad calls that really hurt us. The first was the non call on McCoy's facemask. It was absolutely flagrant and obvious and YET somehow the doddering refs don't see it. That would have put us first down on the Carolina 25 yard line with 1min left. Huge no call which really helped the Panthers. Then the dagger. 2 plays later the very iffy PI call that would have been a Bills 1st down on the 22 with about 53 seconds left. Once again we get hurt by bogus penalties, iffy penalties and Non calls. A good team gets past that and does what it takes to win the game but somehow for close to 2 decades we have continuously had teams that just cannot get off the mat when they experience the inevitable bad call gut punch. Is it lack of character? Lack of leadership at QB or is it just lack of skill and talent?? I know one thing to win in this league you must be able to rise above the bad officiating, because it only seems to be getting worse!!

We saw it again today. They hang in there in big games. The D plays way over their heads, the Offense is mediocre but it has the chance to win on one drive if they're clutch. The Offense put together a decent drive and then there's the inevitable bad refereeing decision which is a gut punch and we don't recover. Today on the last drive there were 2 bad calls that really hurt us. The first was the non call on McCoy's facemask. It was absolutely flagrant and obvious and YET somehow the doddering refs don't see it. That would have put us first down on the Carolina 25 yard line with 1min left. Huge no call which really helped the Panthers. Then the dagger. 2 plays later the very iffy PI call that would have been a Bills 1st down on the 22 with about 53 seconds left. Once again we get hurt by bogus penalties, iffy penalties and Non calls. A good team gets past that and does what it takes to win the game but somehow for close to 2 decades we have continuously had teams that just cannot get off the mat when they experience the inevitable bad call gut punch. Is it lack of character? Lack of leadership at QB or is it just lack of skill and talent?? I know one thing to win in this league you must be able to rise above the bad officiating, because it only seems to be getting worse!!

Bad calls don't matter if you have a franchise QB capable of carrying a team on it's back even with mediorce WR talent around him. Franchise QB's also make average coaches look great just look at Del Rio in Oakland with a guy like Carr as his QB.

This is rocket science and why this team has been stuck in the NFL abyss for 17 (and soon to be 18) years. And if we don't solve this puzzle in next year's draft we are easily reaching 20+ years with no playoffs.

Taylor will never be more than an average QB, and the receivers are like a group of practice squad wannabees, but unless the Bills get a solid OL, rather than one that only is good against crappy defenses, the offense is never going to amount to much. Build a solid OL and the rest is so much easier.

So it was a facemask on Mccoy? I never did see the replay

Full on facemask! The defender probably wouldn't have brought McCoy down had he not had a hand on the facemask. The refs didn't see it. Our usual "B" team of commentators didn't even notice it. I erupted with my usual indignant outrage at my TV, somehow the refs didn't hear me!

Full on facemask! The defender probably wouldn't have brought McCoy down had he not had a hand on the facemask. The refs didn't see it. Our usual "B" team of commentators didn't even notice it. I erupted with my usual indignant outrage at my TV, somehow the refs didn't hear me!

Brutal. It for sure looked like a facemask, but I never saw the replay. That really annoys me that they missed that then

Taylor will never be more than an average QB, and the receivers are like a group of practice squad wannabees, but unless the Bills get a solid OL, rather than one that only is good against crappy defenses, the offense is never going to amount to much. Build a solid OL and the rest is so much easier.

Correct about Tyrod.

And remember, being "average" doesn't mean he performs every task at a skill level of 5 out of 10.

It means he does some things well, some things horribly, and there is no consistency to his game.

We have seen some stinkers from him in the mold of today's Panthers game.

He might have a really good game against a tough opponent at some point this season too.

Doesn't mean he isn't average.

It all averages out in the end.

Brutal. It for sure looked like a facemask, but I never saw the replay. That really annoys me that they missed that then

Earlier in the game the side judge? was injured. Did he come back in the 2nd half? Perhaps that was his call to make and he wasn't there. Or maybe the correct official was there and just blew it. I was kind of surprised that when an official goes down there are no subs??

Been saying it for years. Crucial bad calls vs the Bills have been a thorn in our side for far too long. The no call on the Shady face mask and the ridiculous OPI within 10 seconds were big.

What happened with the ref in the 1st half. We got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty (11yards due to 1/2 the distance to the goal). Were our players on the field, hence his injury? He was yelling at our sidelines afterward. They continued the game down one ref. Crazy that they don't have a backup ref in case one of these old men get run down by these explosive athletes running around with armor on. NFL doesn't have the money to afford it?

Earlier in the game the side judge? was injured. Did he come back in the 2nd half? Perhaps that was his call to make and he wasn't there. Or maybe the correct official was there and just blew it. I was kind of surprised that when an official goes down there are no subs??

Good question. I am not too sure. That could have definitely been a factor if the official was still Injured

Sorry, but I don't like drought talk. It's pointless. This is 2017, we have new owners, a new FO and new coaches. I'm not wallowing in the past. I'd prefer to look forward, and I think this group is more forward looking than anything we've seen in quite some time. It certainly appears they are focused squarely on finding the QB of the future. That's a huge step.

Correct about Tyrod.

And remember, being "average" doesn't mean he performs every task at a skill level of 5 out of 10.

It means he does some things well, some things horribly, and there is no consistency to his game.

We have seen some stinkers from him in the mold of today's Panthers game.

He might have a really good game against a tough opponent at some point this season too.

Doesn't mean he isn't average.

It all averages out in the end.

Which has been a top 10,12 scoring offense. If we average out to 11, with this D, that streak breaks.

Big game versus Denver at home... Very winnable.. And both wins will be in conference, but man we should have grabbed an ugly road win. Close . I think the 2017 Bills grow on this and will continue to improve

Bad teams have bad QB's...........period.

Careful now, don't want to say that to loud in here.

Sorry, but I don't like drought talk. It's pointless. This is 2017, we have new owners, a new FO and new coaches. I'm not wallowing in the past. I'd prefer to look forward, and I think this group is more forward looking than anything we've seen in quite some time. It certainly appears they are focused squarely on finding the QB of the future. That's a huge step.

Because the new coaches and FO are making similar type of moves that have kept us in this drought. First of all, allowing TT to even start from week 1 was a huge strike against them. I'd rather they start an unknown and evaluate whether or not they have a future with this team. I will give them strike 2 if no 1st round QB is taken next year.

Because the new coaches and FO are making similar type of moves that have kept us in this drought. First of all, allowing TT to even start from week 1 was a huge strike against them. I'd rather they start an unknown and evaluate whether or not they have a future with this team. I will give them strike 2 if no 1st round QB is taken next year.

Well, that is just patently false, but nice try. When is the last time we had 6 picks in the first three rounds, with two in the first? Let go of your little agenda, and pay attention.

Careful now, don't want to say that to loud in here.

I'm just not feeling this half a***ed tank anymore. It should have been all or nothing. The Jets are doing it much better. Keep in mind that I was in favor of our off season trades. Now it feels as if we are in a strange spot. It's like a half tank.

Well, that is just patently false, but nice try. When is the last time we had 6 picks in the first three rounds, with two in the first? Let go of your little agenda, and pay attention.

Did you read the rest of my statement. I said strike one was letting TT start, strike two would be not drafting a 1st round QB next year.