Just some random thoughts on the game

BmarvB

What a waste of a championship caliber 'bend but don't break' defensive performance that reminded me of Doug Marrone's teams - great defense, ineffective offense. How much of that was on Taylor, and how much was on Dennison as Nate Hackett 2.0?

Granted the offense woke up just in time to steal the game, but coming up short wasn't all on Zay Jones, that throw could have been much better with the game on the line.

In all fairness, McDermott is a rookie HC still learning on the job, but did he learn clock management from Rex Ryan instead of Andy Reid?

The O-Line struggles to give a shorter QB like Taylor the lines of sight he needs to find - and hit the open receivers downfield. He's challenged to see over the linemen to find his open targets. He's going to throw his share of high balls over the receiver's heads, but the throw to Jones for the win was just a str8 up off target pass he should not have missed with the game on the line after engineering a very good 2 minute drive.

So far, the team's biggest surprise signing is Jordan Poyer.

And so far,Steven Hauschka's FG kicks are about as scary as Dan Carpenter's were last year

This is how defenses are going to play against us the rest of the way, stack against the run and make Shady a non factor, while challenging the offense to beat them through the air.

They didn't deserve to win that game with the way the offense played, but with the way the defense played, we should have stolen that one from the Panthers.

We'll make it up next week with a win over Denver.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Denver is punching Dallas in the mouth- they will mop us next week, unfortunately.

They got Dallas bent over, but the Bills will keep it close and then beat them

yeah we'll see about that. this team defense will shut down any mediocre attack, and denver is barely mediocre

I agree. our defense is back :thumbsup: We just need the offense to show up

They got Dallas bent over, but the Bills will keep it close and then beat them

I agree. our defense is back :thumbsup: We just need the offense to show up

We should be able to establish a run attack on Denver. That's the best way to beat them. For the offense and Dennison hopefully this is a good learning experience, I think Denver looks like Arz week 3 last year

What a waste of a championship caliber 'bend but don't break' defensive performance that reminded me of Doug Marrone's teams - great defense, ineffective offense. How much of that was on Taylor, and how much was on Dennison as Nate Hackett 2.0?

Granted the offense woke up just in time to steal the game, but coming up short wasn't all on Zay Jones, that throw could have been much better with the game on the line.

In all fairness, McDermott is a rookie HC still learning on the job, but did he learn clock management from Rex Ryan instead of Andy Reid?

The O-Line struggles to give a shorter QB like Taylor the lines of sight he needs to find - and hit the open receivers downfield. He's challenged to see over the linemen to find his open targets. He's going to throw his share of high balls over the receiver's heads, but the throw to Jones for the win was just a str8 up off target pass he should not have missed with the game on the line after engineering a very good 2 minute drive.

So far, the team's biggest surprise signing is Jordan Poyer.

And so far,Steven Hauschka's FG kicks are about as scary as Dan Carpenter's were last year

This is how defenses are going to play against us the rest of the way, stack against the run and make Shady a non factor, while challenging the offense to beat them through the air.

They didn't deserve to win that game with the way the offense played, but with the way the defense played, we should have stolen that one from the Panthers.

We'll make it up next week with a win over Denver.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Andy Reid is notoriously bad at clock management.

Andy Reid is notoriously bad at clock management.

IF that's the case, then McDermott learned well from him but I'll be fair about it. All part of the continuing educational process. Him and the rest of the team will take the lessons learned and be better next week when they beat Denver

"How much was on Dennison as Nate Hackett 2.0?"

I'd say 75%. Dennison's a scared man with the game plans the first two weeks just like Hackett was.

Zay Jones probably got the last play of the game simply because that was the next play up on the script and he's blindly devoted to the script, the "process" if you will.

"How much was on Dennison as Nate Hackett 2.0?"

I'd say 75%. Dennison's a scared man with the game plans the first two weeks just like Hackett was.

Zay Jones probably got the last play of the game simply because that was the next play up on the script and he's blindly devoted to the script, the "process" if you will.

And to think, they came to within a better thrown pass of pulling out a game they had no business even being in playing like that on offense..

Maybe by a score of 5-4.....

how about a baseball score. 3-2 Bills