Peterman wins the game by the game by 10.

PinOak

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a moronic post. Taylor has proven in the past two years that throwing deep is a strength in his game. All of a sudden he can't do that while Peterman who is known for questionable arm strength, can?

Actually there is some truth to his post. Its called lack of a deep threat. I dont think Carolina sits on our run game like they did if Watkins is on this team. The problem is we dont have any WRs that defenses are afraid of now. Thats why that trade made zero sense to me. You traded away what Taylor does best and you changed the offense to what Taylor is poorest at. Clearly because you dont think hes the long term answer. We did to the offense this year what Rex did to the defense last year. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

Really?

Why on earth would anyone think the offense is going to play better? I won't be surprised if we're shut out next week. We looked pretty good against a team that is actively trying for the #1 overall pick and got obliterated by the Panthers who had the 21st defense in the NFL a year ago.

This is going to be a bottom 5 scoring offense in the NFL this year. We don't have any talent aside from McCoy.

Because like I said, it's basically the same personnel as last year when we had the #1 rushing offense in the league. Do you think this scheme is inferior?

Actually there is some truth to his post. Its called lack of a deep threat. I dont think Carolina sits on our run game like they did if Watkins is on this team. The problem is we dont have any WRs that defenses are afraid of now. Thats why that trade made zero sense to me. You traded away what Taylor does best and you changed the offense to what Taylor is poorest at. Clearly because you dont think hes the long term answer. We did to the offense this year what Rex did to the defense last year. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

I agree with that, but his post attributed the problem to Tyrod.

Because like I said, it's basically the same personnel as last year when we had the #1 rushing offense in the league. Do you think this scheme is inferior?

I think Cordy Glenn is banged up, Charles Clay looks extremely slow, and our wide receivers are among the worst in the league.

The Bills offense is among the worst in the league. We're going to struggle immensely due our lack of talent at the WR position and the fact that we're going to face 8 and 9 man fronts for the duration of the season because we have zero speed or play making ability on the outside.

Edited by jrober38

TT is widely recognized as having a good deep ball. Yet we don't see it this year. Is that by choice or scheme. From my interpretation, it was dink and dunk, move the chains and play it safe. It's totally possible there were open receivers deep, yet the commentators never acknowledged it, not did I recognize any.

As far as throwing it up to J Matt and Zay and hoping for the best, is this really a discussion? How could you "trust" as you've mentioned these receivers to make plays. Between a new acquisition and a rookie, we really are stretching as far as stating it's on TT because he doesn't give these B squad guys a chance.

TT is acknowledged to throw a nice go route down the sideline (a fairly safe pass) - he was never very good at actually throwing to a receiver.

Why was Peterman able to go from 3rd string WRs to 2nd string was to starters through 3 games and trust them, but TT can't trust the starters? The trust is on TT. Sammy when he was here complained about not getting the ball from TT - do you think it would be different.

I think that is why Sammy played as much as he did, even when he wasn't near 100% (which may have hindered his healing and ultimately HURT the team). The threat so Sammy was valuable. But we did put up points even when he was out. The offense today was offensive, but I'm not going to overreact.

I'd much rather have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods over Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones, and it's not even remotely close.

I would take Zay and Jordan and a 2nd and a 3rd and EJ Gaines.

We have seen what Sammy and Robert did for the passing game the last 2 years - very bottom. Time to move on.

TT is acknowledged to throw a nice go route down the sideline (a fairly safe pass) - he was never very good at actually throwing to a receiver.

Why was Peterman able to go from 3rd string WRs to 2nd string was to starters through 3 games and trust them, but TT can't trust the starters? The trust is on TT. Sammy when he was here complained about not getting the ball from TT - do you think it would be different.

An average preseason QB who has been glorified by hopeful posters who gleefully clutch onto any possinle answer to the drought? Yes, I absolutely think it would be.

I liked watching Peterman. But if you throw him in this game, it gets more difficult to win, not easier

Name all the throws TT missed and all the open WR he missed.

Without the All 22 - I can just go off the broadcast, but:

There was O'Leary on a roll-out that TT never stopped looking at his Outside Receiver - ended up throwing a poor ball to a guy with a DB sitting on him..

There were at least 2 plays early that TT bailed on with McCoy open right in the middle of the field.

The throw to Zay at the end he also had a wide open McCoy.

As we watch the all 22 - there was at least one play early that we rewound and you could see Clay open underneath.

I also will be interested because I think the WRs were in 1:1 coverage a lot and he rarely made a play to them anywhere.

The O-Line was not great, but he bailed to many times instead of trusting the progression and getting rid of the ball on time - even if you think the receiver is covered.

He made a great throw the one time he dared to stay in get pocket and take the hit.

An average preseason QB who has been glorified by hopeful posters who gleefully clutch onto any possinle answer to the drought? Yes, I absolutely think it would be.

I liked watching Peterman. But if you throw him in this game, it gets more difficult to win, not easier

Much like last year - I have no idea what we are going to get with the back-up, but we know what we have with the starter.

Is Peterman better - Heck if I know. What I do know is that the offense under Peterman will look very different than under TT.

Will it look better - that I can not say. I think we see a higher volume of passing and probably some more turnovers, but we also see a more fluid looking offense. I think there will be drives that backfire because I do not think Peterman has NFL accuracy or arm strength yet, but I think they are designing this offense for the future and I want to see who can do what if the QB tries to make some plays.