Bills vs. Panthers Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Everything about today was like being in a time machine.

September looked like June outside.

Bills offense looked like NFL Offenses from the 40s

Coach McDermott looked like Defensive Coordinator McDermott with his inability to call time outs.

Although I will say... with all the clapping McDermott does over the most simple plays his hands may not have been in the condition to form the time out symbol.

It's a theory anyway

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run run pass...

so frustrating.

All week, the talk was that we wouldn't really be able to run and we would need to air it out. Why the hell didn't we?

Because they can't. Not against a decent NFL defense. These WRs scare no one and the QB only throws when guys are wide open. This wasn't about run, run, pass. It was about having nowhere to run because there is no respect for the passing attack.

@buffalobills

On the final play: "Zay is a young player. We have his back, and there were other plays out there I didn't make, the team didn't make."

@MatthewFairburn

Zay Jones said Tyrod Taylor made a good throw. Says he should have come down with the catch.

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor on the final play: "We didn't execute the play. Point blank."

We passed on first down 60% of the time.

I don't really know what you're saying here. You think offensive playcalling was good? Anytime the bills handed it to a running back out of the backfield on first down they were stuffed. I think they gained a net total of 4 or 5 yards on those types of plays. And then predictably when a run would work we had to go right back to it. I think that happened four times for a net gain of -1 yard.

Players need to execute, but the play calling needs to be fairly unpredictable. Or at least it should set up the players in positions to succeed. The Panthers are strong against the run and have an elite front seven. They were weaker on the backend and you could actually see it when we decide to throw the ball a little.

Got I feel bad for the defense because they played their butts off. Everyone else better learn from this because if that's the defense we field for the rest of the season, this team could exceed a lot of expectations.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

What really bothers me about this game, about this Loss, is that too many things happened IN OUR FAVOR for us to lose this game, to not take advantage of..Olsen, Cam's favorite target and one helluva TE, gets injured. Benjamin gets blasted by Poyer and is not his normal self..Cam, already rusty gets banged up even worse..our defense sacks Newton six times, and plays even better than last week, against a MUCH better opponent, on the road no less!!!

And we still manage to lose this game...its all those things happening yet us still losing that not just bothers me, but has me downright worried...

I don't really know what you're saying here. You think offensive playcalling was good? Anytime the bills handed it to a running back out of the backfield on first down they were stuffed. I think they gained a net total of 4 or 5 yards on those types of plays. And then predictably when a run would work we had to go right back to it. I think that happened four times for a net gain of -1 yard.

Players need to execute, but the play calling needs to be fairly unpredictable. Or at least it should set up the players in positions to succeed. The Panthers are strong against the run and have an elite front seven. They were weaker on the backend and you could actually see it when we decide to throw the ball a little.

Got I feel bad for the defense because they played their butts off. Everyone else better learn from this because if that's the defense we field for the rest of the season, this team could exceed a lot of expectations.

I think your complaint was invalid, because it was wrong.

That is what TT offense is.

We need a passing QB.

No, it's what our OC chooses to do with him. That's the difference. It's funny how quickly people forget what they say in the off-season. Everyone was saying that it was obvious that we would throw the ball a whole bunch more than we did the last few years.

Today, we should have.

No, it's what our OC chooses to do with him. That's the difference. It's funny how quickly people forget what they say in the off-season. Everyone was saying that it was obvious that we would throw the ball a whole bunch more than we did the last few years.

Today, we should have.

Blame those who deserve blame.

TT is not the answer.

So you think our playcalling was good today?

Ever think of

better execution of the game plan?