I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

"Tyrod gets blamed for everything. He's a really good player. There are games that we wouldn't have a shot in without him." #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

DKLYhE_UQAAo8Qc.jpg

Will be interesting to see how long McCoy stays on Taylor's bandwagon when the running game continues to struggle because defenses know we can't throw the ball against them.

And at some point Taylor is going to end McCoy's season with his horrible throws his way.

Come on man really? Better then Cams? Cam won the game and is also recovering from a surgery, Cam had a excuse for his play what was Tyrods? Even a 50% Cam in the end got the win. Stats are worthless if all it is a loss in the end.

Remember the great comeback game of Reich, his first quarter stats stunk but in the end gave the team the win. A winner wins and don't care about stats. Trent had good stats most of the time how did that work out for his career.

I agree man I can see him getting clocked running for his life, again making his trade value even less.

This is just faulty logic.

Arguably Taylor's worst game in his entire career was a Win.

That being the 2016 Bengals game.

You don't give Taylor credit for that game the way you're trying to give Cam credit for the Win on Sunday.

I'm not football brilliant, but this QB discussion always devolves into Ws and Ls being placed solely on the QB's shoulders. It's just the equivalent of football stupid.

Everyone is going to get their friggin wish next year, okay? We're going to have a guy who will supposedly be our "franchise QB" pretty confidently in place. Peterman is not going to be that guy. Even if he comes into the game and starts the rest of the season, he needs to essentially play like a madman and lead us to multiple playoff victories in order for us to not draft a guy high next year.

Taylor is the team's best opportunity to Win at the moment. One of the reasons clearly is that he doesn't turn the ball over and we have yet another HC with that defensive mentality. That's largely what I think Dennison meant this week when he said Taylor gave us the opportunity to win or whatever exactly he said. This is a team that looks like it has an Elite D. If our offense can find its footing, maybe the team can make a run. And vets like Lorax and Meatball are pretty clearly expecting this team to try to make a legitimate playoff run. Throwing a 5th round rookie in there isn't demonstrating that to those guys.

If the passing game we had in Carolina happens again over the next couple weeks, I expect we'll see a QB change after the bye, but not likely before.

This is just faulty logic.

Arguably Taylor's worst game in his entire career was a Win.

That being the 2016 Bengals game.

You don't give Taylor credit for that game the way you're trying to give Cam credit for the Win on Sunday.

I'm not football brilliant, but this QB discussion always devolves into Ws and Ls being placed solely on the QB's shoulders. It's just the equivalent of football stupid.

Everyone is going to get their friggin wish next year, okay? We're going to have a guy who will supposedly be our "franchise QB" pretty confidently in place. Peterman is not going to be that guy. Even if he comes into the game and starts the rest of the season, he needs to essentially play like a madman and lead us to multiple playoff victories in order for us to not draft a guy high next year.

Taylor is the team's best opportunity to Win at the moment. One of the reasons clearly is that he doesn't turn the ball over and we have yet another HC with that defensive mentality. That's largely what I think Dennison meant this week when he said Taylor gave us the opportunity to win or whatever exactly he said. This is a team that looks like it has an Elite D. If our offense can find its footing, maybe the team can make a run. And vets like Lorax and Meatball are pretty clearly expecting this team to try to make a legitimate playoff run. Throwing a 5th round rookie in there isn't demonstrating that to those guys.

If the passing game we had in Carolina happens again over the next couple weeks, I expect we'll see a QB change after the bye, but not likely before.

I don't give the same respect to Tyrod that I give Cam because Cam has had a more successful QB career as oppose to Tyrods years sitting learning then 2+ years of not good enough as a starter He's a good backup at best, aka Fitz.

BTW that Bungle game was with a different staff and system so no his past 2 years mean nothing to me for this year, even his years of sitting and learning isn't helping him this year. In my opinion he is still the same QB from his college days a QB Baltimore groomed to be a backup

Edited by xRUSHx

I dont think alot of people give him credit for what he does do.

Thats why I defend him. It's only a message board but I got his back.

For the record, I don't support all our QBs ALL the time. It was very hard to root for Fitz & EJ at the end of their time here. Same with TEdwards.

Edited by r00tabaga

Why dont we audible. Going on three years now and the play doesnt get changed at the line (or rarely)

Luke Kuechly was calling out essentially every play on Sunday and no plays changed at the line. Why?

Dude you created a thread about audible can you keep it in that threwd that you created about that topic. I know simple things are hard for you to grasp but you have literally placed it in numerous threads to include the one you started.

Dude you created a thread about audible can you keep it in that threwd that you created about that topic. I know simple things are hard for you to grasp but you have literally placed it in numerous threads to include the one you started.

He created that new thread after posting this.

But give it to him anyway. HAAAAARRRRRR!

I'm clearly one of his bigger supporters here & due to Tyrod's age and the strong '18 draft class, I'm okay knowing he's not the QB of the future. Not a good year to pass on so many prospects.

But we should keep him for 2018 regardless. I can't understand the people who want to let a decent QB option go. There is nothing wrong with a 3-way competition between Tyrod, Peterman, and the draft pick. Competition is good. The more options we have the better off we will be.

Ahhh look at you. Stalking me again i see.

And yes i initally was going to tak about the lack of audible stuff in these QB topics but then thought nah it will get washed out here so created a thread about it.

But thanks for the concern

Edited by MAJBobby

But we should keep him for 2018 regardless. I can't understand the people who want to let a decent QB option go. There is nothing wrong with a 3-way competition between Tyrod, Peterman, and the draft pick. Competition is good. The more options we have the better off we will be.

True

@buffalobills

"Tyrod gets blamed for everything. He's a really good player. There are games that we wouldn't have a shot in without him." #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

...a shot of WHAT?......Carolina stacked the box, shut down Shady and dared TT to pass......pretty obvious formula to gamble with considering their defense....what happens if Shady goes down?......others will fear the remaining backs and back off the box stack?...um right.......Air Coryell cometh...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Not at 20M. If he reboots his prove it contract again. Fine

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

It's $18 million next year. That puts him in line with the average annual salaries of Tannehill, Bradford, Smith, and Dalton. Oh and Tom Brady. Man the Patriots are lucky to have that contract.

You know who's really getting overpaid right now, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Joe Flacco. Even Russell Wilson at $21.9 million per year.

That being said I would expect them to restructure Tyrod assuming his play doesn't pick up and they still want him back next year.