Jerry Jones Impeding Contract Extension for Roger Goodell - Extension Officially Signed

26CornerBlitz

Compensation Committee received a blank check in May

So here’s the question that previously has gone unanswered: What authority did the full ownership delegate to the Compensation Committee in May? More specifically, did the resolution that authorized negotiation and finalization of the deal contain a range (most importantly a limit) regarding Goodell’s salary, bonuses, benefits, etc?

The answer: The committee received full and complete authority, with no pre-set ceiling.

The current problem for Jones is that he voted for the resolution, regardless of its breadth and ambiguity. Multiple sources have informed PFT that Jones actually spoke out in favor of the move before the unanimous vote.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/18/compensation-committee-received-a-blank-check-in-may/

6 hours ago, papazoid said:

you would think a guy making $49.5 million a year, could afford to pay out of his own pocket for lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health insurance for his family

The use of an aircraft would be to facilitate my continuing role as a good will ambassador to fans across the NFL after my retirement.

Regarding healthcare costs, premiums under the ACA have been skyrocketing.  

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL's compensation committee has denied Jerry Jones' request that the league's owners be allowed a final vote of approval on commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.

In the letter, Blank wrote that Jones was ignoring facts "to satisfy your personal agenda," .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21492410/nfl-compensation-committee-denies-jerry-jones-request-vote-roger-goodell-contract-extension

On 9/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, Rico said:

He's not the obvious replacement.

No doubt the NFL brand is tarnished, and it's time to lead the league into the future with a new legacy.

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

"No stone unturned!"

I would laugh for 3 weeks if Russ became the new commish of the NFL. How can he oversee 32 teams when he cannot even manage the two he has. LOL!!!!!!!!!

On November 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM, stuvian said:

Goodell could have allowed the Bills to go elsewhere and didn't. Dead men don't have a say

Ralph fooled Jerry and fat drunk Bob and positioned the Bills to stay.  There is really no way of knowing what Goodell would have done if the situation were different.  We can't really credit him or assume the worst IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, teef said:

i wonder if he's just running around his office screaming, "ca-ching!  ca-ching!"

He's probably sitting on his plush throne, arms folded across his chest, and saying "It's good to be king"

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

but, but, but - jerrah

....love every minute of it..he is 1/32 of the fraternity and not as big as he thinks he is.....hated him from day one when he kicked Landry to the curb like dirt......and then to listen to him and Boy Danny Snyder chirp about small market clubs sharing in the pie (HINT: Buffalo)?........the Abbott & Costello of NFL ownership....BUT....I give them credit for being excellent personnel decision makers (COUGH)..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

but, but, but - jerrah

I saw last week on the Jerry Jones Football Life Episode that he had a chance to buy the San Diego Chargers back in the day, but was talked out of it by his father.  I had never heard that before.