Gilmore!!!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally different scenarios, guys with the ball or trying to get the ball can go off script. The defense has to maintain their assignments especially in zone!!!

Think about it like basketball because there are less guys on the court. The guy with the ball or trying to get the ball can penetrate, shoot, pass, cut, etc... They have options. If the defense is Syracuse's 2-3 defense and the guy in the middle decides that he wants to chase a guy to the wing it leaves an area exposed. You are linked together in a zone. Everyone has an area that they are responsible for. You don't just do something different. That play was won pre-snap. They put McCourty in a tough situation. He had to make a choice. That's why scheme and coaching are important (and why Rex was horrible).

Gilmore could have recognized the situation and reacted a little quicker and trekked back a little sooner. Probably wouldn't have been soon enough but he reacted very slowly none the less Edited by Magox

Gilmore could have recognized the situation and reacted a little quicker and trekked back a little sooner. Probably wouldn't have been soon enough but he reacted very slowly none the less

So in a cover 2 where he was supposed to cover that zone you wanted him to recognize that his safety that was supposed to be over the top, chased Kelce, recognize that there is no one else in his area, turn and catch up to arguably the fastest man in football? That seems reasonable to you? Edited by Kirby Jackson

So in a cover 2 where he was supposed to cover that zone you wanted him to recognize that his safety that was supposed to be over the top, chased Kelce, recognize that there is no one else in his area, turn and catch up to arguably the fastest man in football? That seems reasonable to you?

At least he didn't pull up at the 15, turn around and throw his hands up to say "hey, that's not on me! Where was the help?". I mean.....this time. ;)

Blown coverages can make people look bad, and we never know what was SUPPOSED to happen.

So in a cover 2 where he was supposed to cover that zone you wanted him to recognize that his safety that was supposed to be over the top, chased Kelce, recognize that there is no one else in his area, turn and catch up to arguably the fastest man in football? That seems reasonable to you?

We are going to have to agree to disagree here but I've looked at the play over and over and if he had recognized the situation early on he could have trekked back sooner. Awareness

At least he didn't pull up at the 15, turn around and throw his hands up to say "hey, that's not on me! Where was the help?". I mean.....this time. ;)

Blown coverages can make people look bad, and we never know what was SUPPOSED to happen.

We do know that everyone else was in cover 2. We know their responsibilities in that defense. P51 has done a fantastic job explaining the DBs roles. People just want to blame Gilmore to feel a little better about him leaving. It's that or they don't know basic football. It's a little of both in here.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here but I've looked at the play over and over and if he had recognized the situation early on he could have trekked back sooner. Awareness

...and done what? Caught Tyreke Hill, with a 10 yard running head start?!? Come on, you can't be serious. I've seen it a bunch of times, I've listened to the interviews and to the most informed people. They all seem in agreement. Edited by Kirby Jackson

...and done what? Caught Tyreke Hill, with a 10 yard running head start?!? Come on, you can't be serious. I've seen it a bunch of times, I've listened to the interviews and the most informed people. They all seem in agreement.

there isn't alot more than I can say that I already have but I vehemently disagree

:lol:

Love the title.

At the end of the day Gilmore is a good player........not sure if the Pats will find him to be the consumate "job-doer"......and he's got his weaknesses and the optics on them are BAD........he's unlikely to ever really endear himself to any fanbase.

I hate agreeing with you but I wholeheartedly do in this case Edited by Magox

there isn't alot more than I can say that I already have but I vehemently disagree

With what? I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? The fastest man in the NFL ran an out and up where Gilmore is responsible for the underneath zone. I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? Deion Sanders wouldn't have had a prayer on that play. You just keep saying "I disagree" but you aren't disagreeing with anything other than "it's not Gilmore's fault." It's not a play that any corner ever could have made in that defense. He wasn't in man!!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

We do know that everyone else was in cover 2. We know their responsibilities in that defense. P51 has done a fantastic job explaining the DBs roles. People just want to blame Gilmore to feel a little better about him leaving. It's that or they don't know basic football. It's a little of both in here.

I was referring to a case with the Bills where I suspect the same thing happened. On that play Gilmore made a point of letting the world known it wasn't on him. This time he just played. (I see that as an improvement.) If I have an issue with him, it is his often atrocious tackling. But then again, D Sanders wasn't known for his tackling.

I was referring to a case with the Bills where I suspect the same thing happened. On that play Gilmore made a point of letting the world known it wasn't on him. This time he just played. (I see that as an improvement.) If I have an issue with him, it is his often atrocious tackling. But then again, D Sanders wasn't known for his tackling.

Agree, Gilmore is not a good tackler. He's a cover guy. He doesn't like to get in there and get dirty.

With what? I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? The fastest man in the NFL ran an out and up where Gilmore is responsible for the underneath zone. I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? Deion Sanders wouldn't have had a prayer on that play. You just keep saying "I disagree" but you aren't disagreeing with anything other than "it's not Gilmore's fault." It's not a play that any corner ever could have made in that defense. He wasn't in man!!!

I refer to my previous posts in this thread

With what? I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? The fastest man in the NFL ran an out and up where Gilmore is responsible for the underneath zone. I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with? Deion Sanders wouldn't have had a prayer on that play. You just keep saying "I disagree" but you aren't disagreeing with anything other than "it's not Gilmore's fault." It's not a play that any corner ever could have made in that defense. He wasn't in man!!!

Total going to ignore the fact that a the guy who covers the Patriots for the Globe said that they are coached to adjust in their coverages and Gilmore isn't full speed yet? I mean he covers the team, he probably has as good anidea of what the teach over there. Sure you can just simplify things and say cover 2 his responsibilities are x but you nor anyone else knows if it's x, and y depending on the situation.

All we know is the team leader took responsibility for it, wouldn't he do that in any case?

Total going to ignore the fact that a the guy who covers the Patriots for the Globe said that they are coached to adjust in their coverages and Gilmore isn't full speed yet? I mean he covers the team, he probably has as good anidea of what the teach over there. Sure you can just simplify things and say cover 2 his responsibilities are x but you nor anyone else knows if it's x, and y depending on the situation.

All we know is the team leader took responsibility for it, wouldn't he do that in any case?

When have you seen a corner, in a cover 2, be responsible for an out and up? If we are talking about trailing, he would have been trailing the fastest guy in the league. His Twitter hand is @imfasterthanya. It was doomed. No matter what Gilmore did it was a TD.