Sell Out?

Maybe he doesn't want to be in the midst of drunkards?

Then sit in the family section

My take on this is the product needs to get better before I'll buy.

I stopped going to the games in the early 2000's

So you'll follow them, watch them but won't spend any money? That feels like being cheap not protesting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my ten year old to the carolina game when EJ was starter and sat next to some ahole who was dropping f bombs every twenty seconds. You can run into a jackbag anywhere in that stadium

I've had obnoxious drunks near me, including the time I took my daughter to her first game and scared the crap out of her. (Kelly's last game '96)

But the most fall-down drunkest people I've ever seen was in the Jim Kelly club last year for Cleveland. Young Canadians, of course.

Ah, the age old debate never gets old debating fan behavior! Long time posters know I am 54, relatively calm, nondrunk dude, and I drive 8 hours to make sure I am inside that stadium as many Sundays as possible. Been going to games since the joint opened, been bringing my kids since they were 8, love the game experience.

In terms of fights and problems, any else notice a marked decrease in fights and testiness since they started selling beer in cans a few years back. Think accidentally spilled beer out of an open cup started a lot of fights , and also think way harder to throw a can of beer at someone as opposed to an open cup.

Maybe just me, but been a good decision by the Bills I think.

Ah the old "70,000 drunk people" hot n spicy take.

Please.

Anyhap, I don't think any home game is sold out yet. They usually announce sellouts.

69,999 actually... i dont drink alcohol...

Nah but, I been to many games at the Ralph and I'm not condoning drinking alcohol in any way at all but, the drunks I been around show the most excitement in the stadium and it makes me enjoy screaming on defense with them...

Yes, they will sometimes be SO drunk that they will try to start their own chants and waves but, that's when you just let a drunk be a drunk and enjoy the game...

The quiet baseball fans who sit near the 50 yard line are the people i actually don't wanna sit next to... I call them baseball fans cuz all they want to do is sit and watch a football game... Actually made that mistake years ago and bought 50 yard line tickets and I got into a argument wit a dude (and he was actually a so called Bills fan) cuz he kept telling me to sit down while our defense was on the field... He was an older dude so it wasn't gonna get physical (at least not from me) but I definitely wanted to smack the guy for making my day uncomfortable.

Point of it is, drunks I been around is the people I personally wanna be around if I'm at the stadium...

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Ah, the age old debate never gets old debating fan behavior! Long time posters know I am 54, relatively calm, nondrunk dude, and I drive 8 hours to make sure I am inside that stadium as many Sundays as possible. Been going to games since the joint opened, been bringing my kids since they were 8, love the game experience.

In terms of fights and problems, any else notice a marked decrease in fights and testiness since they started selling beer in cans a few years back. Think accidentally spilled beer out of an open cup started a lot of fights , and also think way harder to throw a can of beer at someone as opposed to an open cup.

Maybe just me, but been a good decision by the Bills I think.

didn't they also stop selling beer at the end of the half?

So you happen to be in town on home opener weekend and...you want to watch on TV?

I agree! Even though this isn't expected to be a good year for us, and even though ticket prices are kinda high, this is the season opener!! And especially for us out-of-towners, to be in Buffalo for the season opener, you almost HAVE to go!

But I do understand those who don't want to endure high ticket costs, expensive parking, overpriced stadium food, and obnoxious drunk fans who could possibly ruin the experience for someone taking their little one to their first game.

Either way, I'm still pumped for the game, and will be screaming and cheering with my fellow fans at the Tavern here in Atlanta GA...

Let's Go Buffalo!!

I took my kid when he was 10 to a dolphins game when Marino played my son was a fan of his. He heard all kinds of language directed his way. I was starting to fear for our safety. To top it off a couple was sitting near us with matching shirts that started F .., the dolphins. Last time I took the kid.

I'm coming in for a family function and won't be available to attend in person. Been to plenty o' home games in my time...

And a) lighten up folks

b) I must be living under a rock or something. how the heck did i miss them lifting the 72 hour blackout rule?

Few things trump a Bills game if I'm in town, but family is at the top of the list. (I mean, if there's just NO way around BOTH.) But you knew that had to be coming, right? :) Edited by Augie

Antagonizing drunken "idiots" is a major reason said idiots become drunken "a-holes". There's a number you can call and security will come and handle the situation.

and BTW... a lot of those F-bombs are coming from perfectly sober individuals.

Edited by 145B4IDIE

I took my kid when he was 10 to a dolphins game when Marino played my son was a fan of his. He heard all kinds of language directed his way. I was starting to fear for our safety. To top it off a couple was sitting near us with matching shirts that started F .., the dolphins. Last time I took the kid.

!@#$ the dolphins.

This is Buffalo, I don't know what people expect. This is our home field adventage.

didn't they also stop selling beer at the end of the half?

Yes, that was eons ago, and I also think that contributes to people getting drunk and general overall fan craziness. Some people(like me LOL) start to worry bout having enough beer for the 2nd half bout 1/3 of the way through quarter 2. So I usually end up with at least 2 , but sometimes 3 below my seat when halftime ends.

If I knew I could buy beer till end of 3rd, maybe only have 1 more instead of 2 or 3.

Yes, that was eons ago, and I also think that contributes to people getting drunk and general overall fan craziness. Some people(like me LOL) start to worry bout having enough beer for the 2nd half bout 1/3 of the way through quarter 2. So I usually end up with at least 2 , but sometimes 3 below my seat when halftime ends.

If I knew I could buy beer till end of 3rd, maybe only have 1 more instead of 2 or 3.

clubs keep serving. Even right after the game.