Other QBs to watch

Buffalo Barbarian

QB - Jake Browning , Washington. An even brainier version of Peterman, would be a perfect fit for our offense. Has a noodle arm but so did Peterman.

Feel free to add other QBs through out the year. I have a few in mind.

Edit: no Darnold,Allen,Rosen,Rudolph,or Mayfield please :)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes let's put the future of our franchise in the hands of an admitted noodle armed quarterback. Sign me up

I think it's Sam Donald, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen. In that order. Those should be our only options. We don't need any project quarterbacks, we need a franchise changer

Edited by kdiggz

Peterman does NOT have a noodle arm.

He "did" according to scouts.

Yes let's put the future of our franchise in the hands of an admitted noodle armed quarterback. Sign me up

I think it's Sam Donald, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen. In that order. Those should be our only options. We don't need any project quarterbacks, we need a franchise changer

Aren't you tired of talking about those guys?

Look I'm not saying he is the guy but who knows how his or ours season will go.

Aren't you tired of talking about those guys?

Look I'm not saying he is the guy but who knows how his or ours season will go.

You are right. There is always 1 guy that comes out of nowhere and ends up being one of the top guys like Trubisky last year. But for my money I'm going for one of the proven guys, not a 1 hit wonder. For all we know Donald might have been a 1 hit wonder but as of right now those are my 3 guys assuming they play to the level they have in previous years. Looking forward to watching them this season

You are right. There is always 1 guy that comes out of nowhere and ends up being one of the top guys like Trubisky last year. But for my money I'm going for one of the proven guys, not a 1 hit wonder. For all we know Donald might have been a 1 hit wonder but as of right now those are my 3 guys assuming they play to the level they have in previous years. Looking forward to watching them this season

I'm all in on Darnold, I'm pissed he is not tv here this weekend.

Well his arm strength still remains a question.

Not many throws to far side of field when start on opposite hash.

Something defenses will game plan for once real games start. If he can't make the throws they can play man on that side and send extra rushers knowing he has had problems with pressure in his face. I get a Jeff Tuel vibe from Peterman. I hope I'm wrong!

Keep an eye on Sr. MASON Rudolph

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

Yes Rudolph, Faulk, Mayfield would be the next trip to keep an eye on. I just think we need the best of the best but a good year could move those guys up to top tier

I forget which Josh it was (Rosen or Allen) but one of them has been criticized for the quality of leadership he provides. Frankly, his teammates don't like him. Darnold's mechanics were criticized last year, but reportedly, he hired a personal QB coach during the college offseason to tighten his mechanics up. The point is, the consensus top three QBs are not perfect prospects. I would be very reluctant to trade draft picks in order to move up and take one. I think the odds of picking a QB who will be successful in the NFL are almost as good in the second tier of QBS. Rudolph, Browning etc.

BTW, I wouldn't characterize Peterman as noodle armed. He doesn't have a cannon, but he's close to average. I've seen comparison's between Peterman and Chad Pennington (who was a true noodle arm) and I don't think they are fair or accurate. Peterman is stronger and more athletic.

"One of the more interesting graduate transfers this offseason was that of quarterback Max Browne, who made the cross-country move from USC to Pitt.

The former five-star recruit actually started the Trojans’ first three games last year but was benched in favor of Sam Darnold, who reeled off nine straight wins for the team last season. Browne figures to slide right in to replace Nathan Peterman for the Panthers but it still appears that the ending in Los Angeles still gnaws on the signal-caller a bit."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/09/pitt-qb-max-browne-says-he-got-short-end-of-the-stick-at-usc/

People have been gassing up Luke Faulk as the dark horse QB and also Rudolph watch for. Got a bust alert on Allen or Rosen, cant remember which i was warned about. Go any insight?

QB - Jake Browning , Washington. An even brainier version of Peterman, would be a perfect fit for our offense. Has a noodle arm but so did Peterman.

Rosen or Allen will be our QB next year, I don't think were bad enough to land Darnold, unfortunately that will be the Jets.

now this is a useful thread. thanks for starting it

Stop jinxing careers man. B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.