September Movies: American Made, IT, & Kingsman

Mark Vader

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife can't do scary movies, and none of my guy friends will go with me because they all think going to the movies alone with another man is

"gay" :lol:

You can go with another guy, just two simple rules....

1) Leave an empty seat between you

2) Don't buy the large popcorn and share it

I saw IT last night. Loved it. Jump scares, creepy scares and some pretty good humor too.

Much better dialogue than the original.

The one part I didn't like was Eddie's mom. She needed to be more high-strung, which compliments her controlling nature.

In this movie, they portrayed her as lazy and it conflicted with the rest of her personality, so it wasn't believable.

The rest of the movie I loved. Holy hell. Pennywise was so creepy. The monster's lair was well-done. The gore wasn't over-the top. The music was great. The pace was just about perfect.

Definitely excited for the sequel.

Saw IT as well and maybe its just me, but I exoectred it to be a little more scarier.

Dont get me wrong, lots of creepy scenes and scary moments.

I also thought that there was a tad too much CGI used and it kinda took away from some scenes.

I thought they did an amazing job of making Henry Bowers so evil. I was really impressed.

Also loved the subtle comedy relief moments with Richie

I cant wait to see the sequel.

CBF

The first Kingsman was a surprise. We saw it not expecting much and it was pretty entertaining. This 2nd one looks to be much higher budget. That could be good or bad. Sometimes the bigger the budget the more the story gets lost and it's just all about cameos and explosions and computer generated graphics. Hoping the charm of the original isn't lost

Got my tickets already to see IT tomorrow night

Cant wait

CBF

I remember seeing the original when I was a kid and it freaked me out. I rewatched it in anticipation of the new one and it was so cheesey. Movies have really come a long way

Much better dialogue than the original.

The one part I didn't like was Eddie's mom. She needed to be more high-strung, which compliments her controlling nature.

In this movie, they portrayed her as lazy and it conflicted with the rest of her personality, so it wasn't believable.

The rest of the movie I loved. Holy hell. Pennywise was so creepy. The monster's lair was well-done. The gore wasn't over-the top. The music was great. The pace was just about perfect.

Definitely excited for the sequel.

Saw IT as well and maybe its just me, but I exoectred it to be a little more scarier.

Dont get me wrong, lots of creepy scenes and scary moments.

I also thought that there was a tad too much CGI used and it kinda took away from some scenes.

I thought they did an amazing job of making Henry Bowers so evil. I was really impressed.

Also loved the subtle comedy relief moments with Richie

I cant wait to see the sequel.

CBF

I have not seen this movie, but Holy Cow, the box office take this weekend was incredible! Almost $120 million!

There's going to be a sequel? That does not impress me.

I have not seen this movie, but Holy Cow, the box office take this weekend was incredible! Almost $120 million!

There's going to be a sequel? That does not impress me.

The Stephen King book was in two parts.

1st part is when its the kids and part 2 is 27 years later when they are adults

CBF

The Stephen King book was in two parts.

1st part is when its the kids and part 2 is 27 years later when they are adults

CBF

Oh I see...So this movie is the set-up and the next movie is the payoff.

So it's more like Part II, rather than a sequel?

yes sorry.

At the end of the movie when the credits were about to roll, "IT" came up on the screen in big read letters...then after a few seconds "Part 1" appeared underneath it

CBF

yes sorry.

At the end of the movie when the credits were about to roll, "IT" came up on the screen in big read letters...then after a few seconds "Part 1" appeared underneath it

CBF

So much for the no spoilers.

yes sorry.

CBF

I see. Interesting that they did not promote the movie this way in the first place.

This story has a big following, and I'm sure fans would have gone along with the notion that it would be divided into two movies.

Now the interesting thing is, with the giant box office numbers this movie has made, will New Line Cinema stick with their modest budget, or will they up the budget in an attempt to attract some more recognizable actors to play the adults?

I see. Interesting that they did not promote the movie this way in the first place.

This story has a big following, and I'm sure fans would have gone along with the notion that it would be divided into two movies.

Now the interesting thing is, with the giant box office numbers this movie has made, will New Line Cinema stick with their modest budget, or will they up the budget in an attempt to attract some more recognizable actors to play the adults?

I think they are going to get big name actors.

I heard a rumor they want Jessica Chastain to play the older Beverly

CBF

I watched the original last night just to compare because it had been so long. Basically "Chapter 1" of the new one is just the story of the young characters. In the original it went back and forth with them as adults and kids. So Chapter 2 will be the story of them grown up when "IT" comes back.

• 2 weeks later...