2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

I think that Allen will go in the first round and probably top 20.  There are not many QBs with his physical talent and there are a LOT of mitigating circumstances that can explain his less than stellar collegiate stats - foremost his supporting cast was well below par for even their level of competition.

Tom Brady, Satan himself, did not light it up in college and did not have near the physical gifts that Allen has.  The problem is deciphering what made Brady (and Montana) great in the pros when they did not dominate in college.  I don’t think anyone *really* knows, but some form of mental processing ability appears to be key since few of the truly great NFL QBs have had really exceptional physical gifts such as size, speed, arm strength, etc...

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that Allen will go in the first round and probably top 20.  There are not many QBs with his physical talent and there are a LOT of mitigating circumstances that can explain his less than stellar collegiate stats - foremost his supporting cast was well below par for even their level of competition.

Tom Brady, Satan himself, did not light it up in college and did not have near the physical gifts that Allen has.  The problem is deciphering what made Brady (and Montana) great in the pros when they did not dominate in college.  I don’t think anyone *really* knows, but some form of mental processing ability appears to be key since few of the truly great NFL QBs have had really exceptional physical gifts such as size, speed, arm strength, etc...

I know but he’s got such a baby face :P

13 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The more I hear about him and his inaccuracy, the more I am hoping we do not end up drafting him. He sounds more like Ryan Mallet every day...

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, GunnerBill said:

If Roquan Smith was there for us and we could get him and one of my top 4 QBs I'd be beyond delighted.  

Gunner, I'm riding on the tame train as you are. But not necessarily in the same car. You rate a first class seat while I am in the back of the train with the rest of the ragamuffins. The British class system is still tough to break through. Because of my humble roots I can't break through! For the chosen few being snooty is a class privilege that must be exercised in order to retain one's status. :)

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Gunner, I'm riding on the tame train as you are. But not necessarily in the same car. You rate a first class seat while I am in the back of the train with the rest of the ragamuffins. The British class system is still tough to break through. Because of my humble roots I can't break through! For the chosen few being snooty is a class privilege that must be exercised in order to retain one's status. :)

You've obviously never been on a British train..... they ain't like the films I'm sorry to say!

It's interesting that things have been seriously reshuffled after the Senior Bowl.

Mock drafts have changed drastically.  Things should shake up even more after the combine, but there are some gems out there that are showing up.  

Can't wait for late April.  

1: R1P21

DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
2: R1P22

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING
3: R2P21

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
4: R2P24
OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
WESTERN MICHIGAN
5: R3P31

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
6: R4P21

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST
7: R5P21

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU
8: R5P29

RB KAMRYN PETTWAY
AUBURN
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

It's interesting that things have been seriously reshuffled after the Senior Bowl.

Mock drafts have changed drastically.  Things should shake up even more after the combine, but there are some gems out there that are showing up.  

DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
WESTERN MICHIGAN

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU

RB KAMRYN PETTWAY
AUBURN

I think we will see more defense selected early compared with this mock.

• Like (+1) 1

21: R1P21  
LB RASHAAN EVANS - ALABAMA

22: R1P22  
QB MASON RUDOLPH - OKLAHOMA STATE

53: R2P21  
DL RASHEEM GREEN - USC

56: R2P24  
EDGE CHAD THOMAS - MIAMI (FLA.)

96: R3P32  
WR ANTHONY MILLER - MEMPHIS

123: R4P21  
RB ROYCE FREEMAN - OREGON

160: R5P21  
OT BRANDON PARKER - NORTH CAROLINA A&T

168: R5P29  
LB MIKE MCCRAY - MICHIGAN

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/31/2018 at 1:15 PM, thunderingsquid said:

DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN

QB JOSH ALLEN
WYOMING

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
OT CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR
WESTERN MICHIGAN

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST

WR D.J. CHARK
LSU

RB KAMRYN PETTWAY
AUBURN

I'm really liking Micah Kiser in the third.

• Like (+1) 1

2018 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracker: 

By Team       BUF.gif   Buffalo Bills

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (SR)

Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State (EW)

Jamarcus King, CB, South Carolina (SR)

Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (SR)

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (SR)

Brandon Silvers, QB, Troy (SR)

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (SR)

Ethan Wolf, TE, Tennessee (EW)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#qFvHFLaBXtwvPlmZ.99

NYJ.gif New York Jets

• Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (SR

Edited by ALF

11 hours ago, ALF said:

2018 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracker: 

By Team       BUF.gif   Buffalo Bills

Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (SR)

Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State (EW)

Jamarcus King, CB, South Carolina (SR)

Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (SR)

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (SR)

Brandon Silvers, QB, Troy (SR)

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (SR)

Ethan Wolf, TE, Tennessee (EW)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#qFvHFLaBXtwvPlmZ.99

NYJ.gif New York Jets

• Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (SR

I'm going to be so mad if we take Allen.  Just mad.  I trust Beane to not take him but you never know.

Personally, I like Lamar Jackson better than I like Rudolph but realistically I'm thinking Baker Mayfield could be the guy we target as of right now.  There will be risers and fallers as we get closer.  Mayfield is someone of a wildcard at this point.  Some think he could go in the top 6, some think he will fall to the twenties.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.