2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I've seen a few mocks that have the Bills selecting Jackson.

Are you aware that you  contributed to NYC Bill's pre-draft state of agitation with talk of drafting a DB in the first round? However, he will loosen up his standard if the player is from Bama. Nobody can take away the Confederate influence from this particular NY City slicker! :)

14 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's one of my favorites in the draft.  I think he's a top 12 player honestly.  But I know some guys will get inflated.  Another player who I think will pick up steam although he's already high is Tremaine Edmunds.  I think people will just fall in love with the measureables and athleticism.  His instincts will need to be fine tuned and I think teams will feel comfortable if they can get him on the board and pick his brain to discover his coachability.  He could go in the top 7.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:00 PM, Buffalo30 said:

Personally, I like Lamar Jackson better than I like Rudolph but realistically I'm thinking Baker Mayfield could be the guy we target as of right now.  There will be risers and fallers as we get closer.  Mayfield is someone of a wildcard at this point.  Some think he could go in the top 6, some think he will fall to the twenties.  

If we get Mayfield I will be over the moon...kid is the real deal imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

He's one of my favorites in the draft.  I think he's a top 12 player honestly.  But I know some guys will get inflated.  Another player who I think will pick up steam although he's already high is Tremaine Edmunds.  I think people will just fall in love with the measureables and athleticism.  His instincts will need to be fine tuned and I think teams will feel comfortable if they can get him on the board and pick his brain to discover his coachability.  He could go in the top 7.

I would be happy with drafting Josh Jackson.  Even more so if we can re-unite him with Iowa LB Josey Jewell

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm hoping a top QB falls to 21, I also like Taven Bryan, Vita Vea and Derrius Guice a lot.

In the 2nd round I really like Equanimeous St. Brown and Christian Kirk.

It's still early, but these guys I think should be on our radar.

Really hoping Kirk makes it to our 2nd round picks. Dynamic. 

I'd be very disappointed if we picked Josh Jackson any round let alone in the 1st.Cant tackle and scared of physical contact. Will get exposed in the NFL by strong route runners.

If he goes in the first round he's my pick for biggest bust of the draft.

DJ Reed CB Kansas State

https://kckingdom.com/2018/02/03/kansas-city-chiefs-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-dj-reed/amp/

Round 1

Vita Vea DT

Isiah Wynn OT

Round 2

Andrew Brown DT or Harrison Phillips DT

Leighton Vander Esch LB

Round 3

Kyle Lauletta QB.     or

Auden Tate 6'5 WR

Round 4

Frank Ragnow  C/G. 6'4. 307lbs Arkansas

Round 5

DJ Reed CB/KR only 5'9, hits hard for his size

Undrafted free agent

Dimitri Flowers Hb/Te

Edited by Ned Kelly
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

I'd be very disappointed if we picked Josh Jackson any round let alone in the 1st.Cant tackle and scared of physical contact. Will get exposed in the NFL by strong route runners.

If he goes in the first round he's my pick for biggest bust of the draft.

DJ Reed CB Kansas State

https://kckingdom.com/2018/02/03/kansas-city-chiefs-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-dj-reed/amp/

Round 1

Vita Vea DT

Isiah Wynn OT

Round 2

Andrew Brown DT or Harrison Phillips DT

Leighton Vander Esch LB

Round 3

Kyle Lauletta QB.     or

Auden Tate 6'5 WR

Round 4

Frank Ragnow  C/G. 6'4. 307lbs Arkansas

Round 5

DJ Reed CB/KR only 5'9, hits hard for his size

Undrafted free agent

Dimitri Flowers Hb/Te

I like it but if we get a Cousins or Keenum.

Depending on late round QBs is very low reward high risk prospect. We remember the few successes and none of the mostly flops.  There are a ton of first round busts but the most of the elite QBs  come out of the first round. We do have plenty of holes to fill but we did quite well with the players we have know. We should trade up for a QB and then fill the holes with free agents and the rest of our picks.

• Like (+1) 1

....hypothetically (which I hate), let's say McBeane doesn't get caught up in the major 1st round QB hype and utilizes draft capital elsewhere......if he goes "shopping" later into the "next tier", who may he target out of White, Ferguson, Lauletta, etc and why would that be your pick?......OR......does he preserve draft capital versus moving up and takes the safe but perhaps unsexy pick Rudolph at 21/22?..........OR....does he gamble that Rudolph will be there at #53 in the 2nd?.......OR.....does he look to the next tier for Lauletta, White, Ferguson, etc?.....too damn many "OR'S" and I don't have a clue which oar he has in the "water"...stay tuned.....

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....hypothetically (which I hate), let's say McBeane doesn't get caught up in the major 1st round QB hype and utilizes draft capital elsewhere......if he goes "shopping" later into the "next tier", who may he target out of White, Ferguson, Lauletta, etc and why would that be your pick?......OR......does he preserve draft capital versus moving up and takes the safe but perhaps unsexy pick Rudolph at 21/22?..........OR....does he gamble that Rudolph will be there at #53 in the 2nd?.......OR.....does he look to the next tier for Lauletta, White, Ferguson, etc?.....too damn many "OR'S" and I don't have a clue which oar he has in the "water"...stay tuned.....

I would think that if the Bills don’t trade up for a QB and don’t take Rudolph at 21/22, they may try to trade back (picking up early 2nd rounder) and selecting him there...as for the other guys you mentioned, I would not take them before the 4th round- I just dont see anything that says “ starting QB material”.

Leighton Vander Esch should be on the Bills radar, he just screams McDermott's style.  However, if he is supposed to dominate at the combine and this kid can cover, blitz and tackle well...I think he will be taken in the late first round.  He could stand to add to his frame but that can all be done with some conditioning once he gets drafted.  I think Buffalo would have to take him in the first round to get him.  IMO he will rise over the remaining months.

On 17/02/2018 at 7:50 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Mike White is the really obvious day 2 or 3 Beane / McDermott type player. He comes across very smart, has decent arm strength and looks the part

• Like (+1) 1

Here's where I keep ending up Pre-Combine. Matt Miller's board. Names change sometimes, but the positions generally align with the picks. Sometimes it's Vander-Esch in Rd 2, sometimes it's Josh Adams in Rd 4.

3: R1P3
QB JOSH ROSEN
UCLA

53: R2P21
EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI (FLA.)

56: R2P24
ILB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

96: R3P32
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH

123: R4P21
RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON

160: R5P21
WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

168: R5P29
OLB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.