2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

21. Buffalo Bills 
Record: 9-7 (.492) 
Top needs: QB, LB, DT 
The skinny: With Marcell Dareus gone, the Billsmight decide to lock in on finding a quality DT early in the draft. They need to improve at linebacker. QB could be the top priority, even though Tyrod Taylor is signed through next season and they drafted Nathan Peterman in 2017.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs) 
Chiefs record: 10-6 (.477) 
Bills top needs: QB, LB, DT 
The skinny: This is the pick the Bills acquired when the Chiefs traded up to land Patrick Mahomes in the 2017 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132?campaign=tw-cf-sf178558599-sf178558599&sf178558599=1

21. Buffalo Bills: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa

The Bills will try and get a quarterback this offseason. If you use the outdated draft value chart, the value of pick Nos. 21 and 22 is the No. 7 pick. Conceivably it could work for the Buccaneers at No. 7 since they don’t need a quarterback. If the Bills stick here, they could be in trouble. As we’ve seen, there’s been a run on defensive linemen. That could lead the Bills to fall back on the cornerback depth in this year’s draft. Jackson had a breakout season at Iowa in 2017 and bolstered his stock as much as anyone.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs): Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State

This pick was between two Big Ten players in Price and Michigan defensive lineman Maurice Hurst. Price can play either guard spot or center for the Bills. That could mean replacing the 34-year-old Richie Incognito on the left or Vladimir Ducasse on the right.

21. Buffalo Bills

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph checks the experience and production boxes Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane like, and they don't have to trade up to get him. He'll have to learn the footwork that's needed when taking snaps from under center, but he's a pocket quarterback first who refined his game in his last season in Stillwater.

22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSADavenport has all the tools to be a consistent havoc-wreaker off the edge, and Buffalo needs to bolster it's pass-rush. The University of Texas at San Antonio product isn't very raw, either. In college, he displayed a wide variety of counter moves to get to the quarterback, and he's a long, twitchy athlete. 

Trapasso's latest Mock Draft: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-josh-rosen-to-broncos-colts-grab-saquon-barkley/

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph checks the experience and production boxes Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane like, and they don't have to trade up to get him. He'll have to learn the footwork that's needed when taking snaps from under center, but he's a pocket quarterback first who refined his game in his last season in Stillwater.

22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSADavenport has all the tools to be a consistent havoc-wreaker off the edge, and Buffalo needs to bolster it's pass-rush. The University of Texas at San Antonio product isn't very raw, either. In college, he displayed a wide variety of counter moves to get to the quarterback, and he's a long, twitchy athlete. 

Trapasso's latest Mock Draft: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-josh-rosen-to-broncos-colts-grab-saquon-barkley/

that draft is not making me feel good about making the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

that draft is not making me feel good about making the playoffs.

I think Davenport is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. He’s got production, experience, strength and seems to have developed a good amount of counter moves as well when rushing the passers, not to mention decent speed on off the edge.

To me Rudolph could be one of the top-3 QB’s in this draft. He has good arm strength, is accurate for the most part and goes through progressions. Most of his passes that are off target are do to bad footwork. Any QB going from any type of college offense will need to do some pretty hefty training on their footwork as is, so I don’t see it as an issue. Also, he has a nice throwing motion and quick release, two traits I really liked and the Patriots really liked when Garoppolo was coming out as well.

Get these two in the first, James Washington & Harrison Phillips in round 2. Josey Jewell in Round 3, and Troy Fumagalli in Round 4. 

If they can manage another 3rd in a trade of Taylor or Glenn, get a RB like Penny there. 

With the two 5th round picks grab a developmental NT, and a CB for depth. 

If we sign a quarterback to stand in front of Rudolph for a year, let him develop a bit, we could be in good shape. A guy like McCarron or Bridgewater could be an upgrade over Taylor for a year. 

25 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I think Davenport is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. He’s got production, experience, strength and seems to have developed a good amount of counter moves as well when rushing the passers, not to mention decent speed on off the edge.

To me Rudolph could be one of the top-3 QB’s in this draft. He has good arm strength, is accurate for the most part and goes through progressions. Most of his passes that are off target are do to bad footwork. Any QB going from any type of college offense will need to do some pretty hefty training on their footwork as is, so I don’t see it as an issue. Also, he has a nice throwing motion and quick release, two traits I really liked and the Patriots really liked when Garoppolo was coming out as well.

Get these two in the first, James Washington & Harrison Phillips in round 2. Josey Jewell in Round 3, and Troy Fumagalli in Round 4. 

If they can manage another 3rd in a trade of Taylor or Glenn, get a RB like Penny there. 

With the two 5th round picks grab a developmental NT, and a CB for depth. 

If we sign a quarterback to stand in front of Rudolph for a year, let him develop a bit, we could be in good shape. A guy like McCarron or Bridgewater could be an upgrade over Taylor for a year. 

Not a Rudolph fan and don't  know anything about Davenport, small school guys make me nervous.

Like your other picks though.

On December 27, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hey, Don said we are taking him so ...

I would be pist too if skip over a decent QB prospect for a LB or any other position for that matter.

Barbarian, here's some film study I want you to see. 

By the way, get me Vita Vea and this guy.

And for today's installment of completely unrealistic, but please let it happen (Fanspeak board until composite is available on their site):

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SENT: ROUND: 1 PICK: 21
RECEIVED: ROUND: 1 PICK: 32; ROUND: 2 PICK: 11

22: R1P22: LB ROQUON SMITH - GEORGIA
32: R1P32: QB MASON RUDOLPH - OKLAHOMA STATE
43: R2P11: WR JAMES WASHINGTON - OKLAHOMA STATE
53: R2P21: RB RASHAAD PENNY - SAN DIEGO STATE
56: R2P24: DL TAVEN BRYAN - FLORIDA
95: R3P31: LB OREN BURKS - VANDERBILT
123: R4P21: EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR - WAKE FOREST
160: R5P21: DL JUSTIN JONES - NORTH CAROLINA STATE
165: R5P26: CB ANTHONY AVERETT - ALABAMA

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

R. Smith isn't lasting to #22.  You make that trade with the Pats*, they would take Smith if he is on the board.

Don't like Rudolph at all, really.  Folks who like him see a much better player than I am seeing.

Well he did in this simulation, so I'll take it.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/77193/344/2018-nfl-mock-draft-no-1

21. Buffalo Bills - DL Vita Vea, Washington - Brute strength. Vea can halt and toss offensive linemen. Clogging the middle and allowing linebackers room to run is important in Sean McDermott’s defense, which brings me to…

22. Buffalo Bills (from KC) - LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama - I know Preston Brown posted a ton of tackles. I’m not calling him bad. But I’m saying that McDermott’s scheme, at its best, features linebackers with range and speed, both against the run and pass. Evans has that speed.

With Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph(I know some have him as a later round prospect, but there is a thread with some thinking he will be a late 1st) on the board still. I'd be annoyed with not using one draft pick in the first on a QB,  unless they sign a guy like Cousins or plan on trading up in the second to nab Lamar or Mason if the chips fall this way. Not saying they will of course.  

Edited by Captain Murica

I’ve been using Matt Miller’s board on Fanspeak and setting it to difficult. I think that it’s more realistic than others. 

21: R1P21

EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
22: R1P22

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
53: R2P21

BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
56: R2P24

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
95: R3P31

WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE
123: R4P21
EDGE OLASUNKANMI ADENIYI
TOLEDO
160: R5P21

CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU
165: R5P26

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN

or

21: R1P21

EDGE HAROLD LANDRY
BOSTON COLLEGE
22: R1P22

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
53: R2P21

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
56: R2P24

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
95: R3P31

WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
123: R4P21

EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
UTSA
160: R5P21

CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU
165: R5P26

WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE
Edited by Kirby Jackson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.