8-29: McDermott Presser, Practice Notes, & Player Interviews

BILLS TODAY: WR REILLY PUSHING FOR ROSTER SPOT

bills-today-8-29-story.jpg

Undrafted rookie WR Brandon Reilly is one of those bubble players pushing for a role on the 53-man roster.

Live Link to McDermott's Presser

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott on Tyrod & Yates would only say they're both still in concussion protocol. #Bills

@viccarucci

McDermott: Wenning's playing time Thursday night depends on how quickly he gets up to speed. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said they're monitoring very closely the idea of keeping Nathan Peterman healthy in case Tyrod Taylor can't play.

@SalSports

"Certainly we want to have short-term success....that said we have to always keep the big picture in mind." -- McDermott

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott on heels of talk w/Dareus: We're on the same page. #Bills

@viccarucci

McDermott on Dareus: "Big part of the job is building clarity sometimes u have to circle back & reinforce the message." #Bills

@SalSports

Jordan Matthews is still "on a limited basis....not full-go yet."

@MatthewFairburn

Jordan Matthews is still limited. Bills are cautiously optimistic about him playing Week 1.

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: Ragland a good person & player. Tough decision. Think he'll do well. Good situation for him. #Bills

McDermott on Ragland - I don't think it's the wrong fit. It was the right for in terms of the trade. Feel like we got a good pick. #Bills

McDermott points to Preston Brown's play in camp & preseason. "It's about what Preston did, not what Reggie didn't do." #Bills

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting comments about Wenning, so would they really throw Peterman out there for an extended period of time? Seems like a risky move

No way Peterman sees the field. It would be asinine to expose him to injury with Tyrod and Yates uncertain for week 1.

I play Peterman a half, then the new guy. I would go ahead and name Peterman the starter right now for the Jets and just get it out of the way. The team needs to be able to prepare for the first game and not wait around to see if tie rod gets well or not

No way Peterman sees the field. It would be asinine to expose him to injury with Tyrod and Yates uncertain for week 1.

I would hope but he said how much playing time Wenning gets, which implies he may not play the whole game and we only have one other qb

I play Peterman a half, then the new guy. I would go ahead and name Peterman the starter right now for the Jets and just get it out of the way. The team needs to be able to prepare for the first game and not wait around to see if tie rod gets well or not

McDermott is not you. He again reiterated at today's presser that Tyrod is the starting QB. Exposing Peterman in the game would be idiotic.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Why in the world would you play with Peterman then? Risk him getting hurt when he's currently your only active and healthy QB?

Wenning is only here to get us through Thursday.

Fully agree with this^

McDermott is not you. He again reiterated at today's presser that Tyrod is the starting QB. Exposing Peterman in the game would be idiotic.

Yeah, it's smart to not name the starter this early, but also don't expose your only starting QB. He's going to play both sides until he can get a clearer picture early next week.

Yeah, it's smart to not name the starter this early, but also don't expose your only starting QB. He's going to play both sides until he can get a clearer picture early next week.

If Tyrod's healthy, he'll start. But as a precaution, there's no way the team can put itself in the situation where neither Tyrod, Peterman, nor Yates is available for week 1 by exposing NP to an injury in a meaningless 4th preseason game.

If Tyrod's healthy, he'll start. But as a precaution, there's no way the team can put itself in the situation where neither Tyrod, Peterman, nor Yates is available for week 1 by exposing NP to an injury in a meaningless 4th preseason game.

Yeah, I'd like Peterman to sit out the entire 4th game. I know that might mean Wenning playing an entire game, but could you imagine losing all three of your QBs in the preseason?