Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

Just a quick reminder that Tyrod has a 92.3 career QB rating. He has a winning record as a starter. He threw for more than 3,000 yards each of this two seasons as a starter. The offense he led just this last season was in the top-third of the league in scoring and top-three in turnovers lost. He did what was asked of him. He holds several Bills team records, including highest completion percentage in a single game (91.7%) and most consecutive pass attempts without an interception (222).

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in the Twighlight Zone officially. People are questioning Bandit?!? He's probably the single most knowledgable poster on this board. He's also level-headed and not a Tyrod fan. The advice is simple, let's not overreact to a mediocre (and meaningless) preseason. Peterman looked okay but this wasn't exactly like Dak last year. Dak was 39-50 for 454 and 5 TDs in 3 preseason games last year. I think that some people (vaguely) remember that and think that Peterman's performance was similar. It wasn't. It was decent for a young 5th round QB. He looks like an NFL player.

Bandit. last post deleted . My fault. Peace.

In fairness, I think there are others who are saying that Peterman won the job in preseason. I disagree with that and I think that's where a lot of the pushback is coming from.

There are, but it's not me.

For those people that say NP won the job :rolleyes: - I will try to tell them they are over reaching or I ignore them.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just a quick reminder that Tyrod has a 92.3 career QB rating. He has a winning record as a starter. He threw for more than 3,000 yards each of this two seasons as a starter. The offense he led just this last season was in the top-third of the league in scoring and top-three in turnovers lost. He did what was asked of him. He holds several Bills team records, including highest completion percentage in a single game (91.7%) and most consecutive pass attempts without an interception (222).

He's also the highest rated QB in Bills history.

Bandit. last post deleted . My fault. Peace.

There are, but it's not me.

For those people that say NP won the job :rolleyes: - I will try to tell them they are over reaching or I ignore them.

No worries man--I know you weren't trying to argue. I think you may have just missed old school's post and mistook the fallout for being leveled at one of your opinions.

No worries man--I know you weren't trying to argue. I think you may have just missed old school's post and mistook the fallout for being leveled at one of your opinions.

posts were flying and I was trying to keep up ...

OS can be like xRushX and Crusher and one other...

I usually try to ignore them

:beer:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Ok...you are very confused here. I'm not sure you're even reading my posts anymore. I understood your point, and made as much clear.

I have said, repeatedly, that I'm not confusing your opinion of Peterman with anyone else's. See below:

No. It. Isn't. You are misunderstanding people that took issue with old school's post.

that was your first mistake :lol::beer:

:D

after arguing like cats and dogs for years it became obvious to me that I was fighting a losing battle

:beer: cheers

Edited by Figster

Do you realize the G Roman O made a QB look good thats currently unemployed because of the low volume of passing attempts?

Or that the newly installed Dennison O requires the QB to work from the pocket?

Fig... remember just a couple months ago when you were predicting some insane breakout numbers in Dennison's offense?

Could it be that all these predictions on a message board are just fool's gold? Wait it out. If Taylor plays really well in the first couple weeks, you'll be back on the Taylor train.

As much as I've somehow been designated one of the Kings of the (really stupidly named) CoC, I never predict what will happen because I never have a clue. I just talk in "what ifs" a lot regarding the future, which somehow translates to me saying those things are definitively true.

That is, except for the poster on this board I bet $100 that Peterman wouldn't beat out Taylor in any (façade of a) QB competition and that Taylor would start week 1, barring injury.

That I was confident in.

Fig... remember just a couple months ago when you were predicting some insane breakout numbers in Dennison's offense?

Could it be that all these predictions on a message board are just fool's gold? Wait it out. If Taylor plays really well in the first couple weeks, you'll be back on the Taylor train.

As much as I've somehow been designated one of the Kings of the (really stupidly named) CoC, I never predict what will happen because I never have a clue. I just talk in "what ifs" a lot regarding the future, which somehow translates to me saying those things are definitively true.

That is, except for the poster on this board I bet $100 that Peterman wouldn't beat out Taylor in any (façade of a) QB competition and that Taylor would start week 1, barring injury.

That I was confident in.

Contrary to what many believe there is no going back and forth for me because I stand behind the whole 53 man roster.

insane break out numbers? ummm no,

Do you honestly believe Taylor played better then Peterman during preseason?

you won the bet because McD is a stand up guy IMO.

I have never, I repeat never stopped being a fan of T T...

Edited by Figster

he did not. but EJ and Tuel both had great preseason games if I recall. a good example of why one should never take preseason for anything other than what it is. vanilla scheme scrimmages and nothing more than the coaches evaluating players they intend to keep on the roster.

peterman, who started off as a third stringer, did work hard and earned the back up position. I have to give him props for that.

Contrary to what many believe there is no going back and forth for me because I stand behind the whole 53 man roster.

insane break out numbers? ummm no,

you won the bet because McD is a stand up guy IMO.

I have never, I repeat never stopped being a fan of T T...

I think, regarding preseason play, QB play is nearly meaningless. EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel have proven this, to me.

I watched an OC who wanted to put his QBs in positions they were least comfortable with. It was super interesting how many times Peterman took shotgun snaps, handed the ball off from shotgun, and was rolled out compared to how little Taylor was, and yet the firestorm from folks on this message board clamored that Taylor's play was somehow proof he didn't fit this offense.

I watch every preseason game to get my football fix and watch players at other positions because I do think there are other positions coaches evaluate more in the preseason. I just don't think QB is one of them when you consider all the factors and withholding at play.

I'm excited to see the offense Dennison rolls out here as we start the season.

he did not. but EJ and Tuel both had great preseason games if I recall. a good example of why one should never take preseason for anything other than what it is. vanilla scheme scrimmages and nothing more than the coaches evaluating players they intend to keep on the roster.

peterman, who started off as a third stringer, did work hard and earned the back up position. I have to give him props for that.

When a new O is being installed preseason becomes a little more important then an evaluation of newcomers in my humble opinion.

....MOST CERTAINLY not all his fault, but 8-8 and 7-9 still leaves us on the outside lookin' in.....2016 lies at the feet (NOT GOING THERE) of the dearly departed Wrecks with his defense dismantling......could easily have been 9-7 with a sniff......but it's all behind us now, because you can't change it....the kid is here under contract with an entirely new coaching staff and offensive scheme....he is the starter, so give him a bonafide shot to prove himself as a solid NFL starter (forget this "franchise" crap) and let's see what he can do in what I believe is his "make it or break" year......going azz backwards citing stats, this, that, these or those changes NOTHING......Peterman is coming along nicely at a better pace than I would have expected from a later round guy, but why rush him?.....let his confidence build over time before we smoke another kid...I'm sure 2017 sets the stage for TT in his mind as to where or if he is in the NFL next year.....pretty smart kid who knows the meaning of "sense of urgency" and I think he is a good teammate and hard worker trying to hone his craft (you know the deficiencies).....this is his audition to prolong his career IMO and probably the most stable OBD environment since his arrival.......stay tuned..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy