Let's not count out the Dolphins

There was? So much that he retired to become a broadcaster until the Dolphins called due to the Tannehill injury. Doesn't seem like much interest to me when guys like Hoyer and Glennon got starting QB jobs during the UFA period when he was also available.

I don't understand why you're arguing an established fact?

If the timing had been better, Jay Cutler might have been the Jets quarterback this season.

The retired NFL quarterback confirmed the Jets expressed immediate interest after he was released by the Bears in March, but he was not keen on such a sudden move.

Cutler's care free approach is the main reason he didn't sign before Miami. There was interest after he got cut, he didn't care, so everyone moved on.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying what you're selling on Smokin' Jay and Glennon is barely holding on to the starting gig with Trubisky pressuring him.

Only a few weeks away! Trubisky looks good, it's funny how quickly people are going to forget that draft day "blunder" if he continues to impress. For the millionth time find your guy and give up whatever it takes to get him, just be right! 18'

I don't understand why you're arguing an established fact?

Cutler's care free approach is the main reason he didn't sign before Miami. There was interest after he got cut, he didn't care, so everyone moved on.

I'm arguing that there was a lot of interest to quote you. There wasn't: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797870/article/jay-cutler-still-lacking-interest-from-qbneedy-teams

Even with a dearth of capable quarterbacks on the open market and few pro-ready signal-callers in the draft, one man can't sniff a gig: Jay Cutler.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on Good Morning Football that Cutler's market is almost zilch.

I'm arguing that there was a lot of interest to quote you. There wasn't: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797870/article/jay-cutler-still-lacking-interest-from-qbneedy-teams

Look at the full timeline, because Wesseling's article is three weeks into FA.

Here's the link to the story I quoted, which explains why the market dried up. Jets were immediately interested, along with many other teams very likely to be interested. But Cutler was not keen to listen to offers at that time, so the QB-needy teams moved on. If Cutler was interested, he'd have been on a team by March 10

Look at the full timeline, because Wesseling's article is three weeks into FA.

Here's the link to the story I quoted, which explains why the market dried up. Jets were immediately interested, along with many other teams very likely to be interested. But Cutler was not keen to listen to offers at that time, so the QB-needy teams moved on. If Cutler was interested, he'd have been on a team by March 10

Who were these other teams among the many purported to be interested? Didn't see that anywhere in the piece you linked or anywhere else for that matter. "Cutler’s market dried up after the Jets moved on, and he opted to retire and become a television analyst for Fox Sports."

Smokin Jay wasn't even sure what the level of interest was from the Jets as he was quoted “Whether they would’ve offered me a contract or that it would’ve worked out, I have no idea. That’s something the Jets know more than I know.”

Who were these other teams among the many purported to be interested? Didn't see that anywhere in the piece you linked or anywhere else for that matter. "Cutler’s market dried up after the Jets moved on, and he opted to retire and become a television analyst for Fox Sports."

Smokin Jay wasn't even sure what the level of interest was from the Jets as he was quoted “Whether they would’ve offered me a contract or that it would’ve worked out, I have no idea. That’s something the Jets know more than I know.”

The market dried up because of his attitude. Nobody wanted to chase a mercenary after his lukewarm response to the Jets.

The market dried up because of his attitude. Nobody wanted to chase a mercenary after his lukewarm response to the Jets.

All part of the consideration and it's not exactly a new thing with him now on his 3rd team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Bottom line is that really wasn't a market for him, GG. Cutler wasn't ready to retire and taking up a booth job was confirmation there weren't any options out there for him. Cutler+ Gase is the best possible scenario for the Dolphins after the Tannehill injury. Gase will limit Cutler and win on D. I think they will end up #2 in the AFCE and sneak into the playoffs.