McCoy Confirms Trade Rumors are False with McBeane

Watkins found out in the media (ESPN if memory serves) that he was traded.

I have no idea with the Bills intentions are for Shady. And if I did I wouldn't tell you guys :) But if you believe what a NFL GM said to a star player who asked if trade rumors are true or not, I have some nice swamp land to sell you.

We, including Shady, won't know until the trade deadline is over. And that's true of any player.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins found out in the media (ESPN if memory serves) that he was traded.

I have no idea with the Bills intentions are for Shady. And if I did I wouldn't tell you guys :) But if you believe what a NFL GM said to a star player who asked if trade rumors are true or not, I have some nice swamp land to sell you.

We, including Shady, won't know until the trade deadline is over. And that's true of any player.

Tankers never relent.

Tankers never relent.

I understand the tanker viewpoint. But I think doing so is telling the season ticket holders to bend over and take it up the a$$. So I would not call myself a tanker.

But I have said, and do believe, that if a contender wanted Shady (and his contract), and was willing to make a fair trade, I'd be for it. Shady has a limited amount of time left in the league. The Bills certainly aren't going to be contenders any time soon.

But you believe the Bills FO would have told shady they were shopping him, or considering offers, if the rumors are true?

Edited by CodeMonkey

And is this the same GM and HC?

Nope, but often when it heats up like this there's a reason. Doesn't mean anything would come of it even if they are shopping him-- but this article means little until it's September and he's in blue still

I understand the tanker viewpoint. But I think doing so is telling the season ticket holders to bend over and take it up the a$$. So I would not call myself a tanker.

But I have said, and do believe, that if a contender wanted Shady (and his contract), and was willing to make a fair trade, I'd be for it. Shady has a limited amount of time left in the league. The Bills certainly aren't going to be contenders any time soon.

But you believe the Bills FO would have told shady they were shopping him, or considering offers, if the rumors are true?

Everyone but a Franchise QB is fair game if you get the right deal. This "rumor" and "confirmation" just make it that much more entertaining if/when it happens. Some posters will just implode! :lol:

...cut a gaping hole in your run offense by trading him for a couple of picks while your passing game remains suspect......and with the TBD pundits yapping about the failed Whaley draft era, suspect of the new regime's ability, and with the jury out on their 2017 picks, as well as having six picks in the first three rounds of 2018 that a portion of the gang has no confidence in the regime's selections, a gaping hole in 2017 makes PERFECT sense.....the upside is to look forward to twenty-seven 100+ page threads about how they blew the trade, the 2017 draft and how ugly 2018 draft most likely will be......oh boy..........

If the "so called" rumor were true, they should answer his inquiry honestly given his veteran status and stature in the league.

He's not being traded, aka they didn't get any good offers yet

That's the Tanker spirit! :thumbsup:

They would based on recent events I believe. If not goodbye McBeane cred.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just jaded, but my opinion is they would do what's best for the team. I don't see any good things for the team telling Shady they are considering trading him.

I agree about McBeane cred. But they traded Watkins and let him find out on ESPN. Doesn't seem like cred means much in the grand scheme of things to the FO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just jaded, but my opinion is they would do what's best for the team. I don't see any good things for the team telling Shady they are considering trading him.

I agree about McBeane cred. But they traded Watkins and let him find out on ESPN. Doesn't seem like cred means much in the grand scheme of things to the FO.

It certainly should as there has to be a measure of trust and respect between the FO/coaches and the players and particularly so with the team oriented message/theme that permeates OBD these days. "It Takes One"

....what is the benefit of trading him other than more picks?......the "support (COUGH)" here is overwhelming as far as the Whaley era and the draft as well the "support (COUGH again)" for the new regime and their abilities or lack thereof with personnel......jury being out on 2017 picks so noted............

What was the benefit in trading Watkins other than more picks?

what were the chances wakins remained healthy for 16 games? could that of been considered, especially when he was looking for a payday?

I know you may come back with shady remaining healthy but he is still here under contract.