The Insanity of Tanking Talk

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take It a step further and say if we can stay relatively healthy we could be a contender now.

Imo it all comes down to how improved our defense is, and I believe through scheme and coach change,they will vastly improve.

A top 10 D combined with our Elite run game has always been a recipe for success in the NFL, through every era, including today's NFL, and we could realistically have both , I also have hope Taylor will improve his pass game but at the very least he will not lose us games

Yeah!!

I think our D will better. O has to be almost as good.

Call it a tank, call it a pseudo-tank, call it whatever you want ... they chose the wrong year to do it. Jets: utter disarray. Hackenberg is playing himself right out of the NFL. McCown is 37 and they don't want to be forced into starting him, but they now are; Bryce Petty showed something last night, then promptly suffered what looks like a serious knee injury. So we've got Cutler and McCown at the helm of 2 AFC East teams. That should be 4 wins out there for the taking! Yes, you've always got the Pats, but still ... one last run with the current (including Sammy and Darby) roster wouldn't have been a horrible idea, would it?

Call it a tank, call it a pseudo-tank, call it whatever you want ... they chose the wrong year to do it. Jets: utter disarray. Hackenberg is playing himself right out of the NFL. McCown is 37 and they don't want to be forced into starting him, but they now are; Bryce Petty showed something last night, then promptly suffered what looks like a serious knee injury. So we've got Cutler and McCown at the helm of 2 AFC East teams. That should be 4 wins out there for the taking! Yes, you've always got the Pats, but still ... one last run with the current (including Sammy and Darby) roster wouldn't have been a horrible idea, would it?

Seemed to make sense, but the staff wants 4-12 (though will pay lip service to making the playoffs).

@PFWeekly

NFL clubs don’t tank seasons, and they never will, so stop with the insulting suggestion, says @greggabe: http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/08/28/685301550ac8427d82c89a20d1305070/index.xml?page=1

Over the past week or so, I have seen some NFL “analysts” suggest on Twitter that some clubs would “tank” the 2017 NFL season in order to get a shot at some of the supposed top quarterbacks in the 2018 NFL Draft. Quite frankly, they were and still are some of the most absurd and insulting comments I have ever read. Just the fact that some of these people would suggest such a thing shows you and me that they aren’t really as intuitive as they think they are when it comes to the NFL.

• 1 month later...

I disagree with this part: "On top of that, there are likely a few teams that are going to finish worse off than Buffalo".

Unless you consider 31 to be a few I guess.

Some of the posts in this thread are pure gold.