8-18: McDermott's Pre-Practice Presser

McD is saying the right thing in regards to TT right now, but if he has a bad game in the next preseason game, then struggles in the first 4 Regular season games, I can see him being benched.

The Bills have to go to peterman if they squeak out past the Jets and Carolina.

There needs to be a change pronto if the offense doesn't score more than 20 points those games.

You gotta see what you have with Peterman at that point.

From Skurski's story:

McDermott did not have any injury updates to report Friday.

Surprised there hasn't been more info on streater after getting carted off...

Some reports from yesterday said it was a toe?? Look like Anderson out with foot again too

"The Bills practiced without wide receivers Rod Streater (toe), Jordan Matthews (sternum), Jeremy Butler (concussion), offensive tackle Cordy Glenn (foot), Michael Ola (toe), linebacker Tanner Vallejo (undisclosed), safety Trae Elston (undisclosed) and safety Colt Anderson (foot)."

There needs to be a change pronto if the offense doesn't score more than 20 points those games.

If you're saying by squeak out that they win and are 2-0 then changing QBs would make no sense

Taylor is not suited for timing throws behind a disaster OL .

Peterman is better suited for WCO but putting him in this season will ruin his development.

I would save Peterman for 2018 and let Yates be the backup for Taylor.

Panthers D is looking good.....

After reading McD's comments, he does seem to be a lot more ambiguous regarding T.T's hold of the starting QB position. I'm a bit surprised by that.

Other than his excellent Tackling ability what else stood out in TT's latest performance on the positive side?

McD said what all coaches say: " Open Competition "

Does he mean it?

Peterman is better suited for WCO but putting him in this season will ruin his development.

Lose Yates. Better to develop as #2 than PS.

3 QBs are 1too many with so many ?s at depth.

Peterman is the backup so that he gets a few practice reps along the way. If Yates is retained he's #3 until Taylor gets hurt. If that were to happen I think Yates gets the start(s). The Bills don't care whether Yates gets practice snaps.

Panthers D is looking good.....

Other than his excellent Tackling ability what else stood out in TT's latest performance on the positive side?

McD said what all coaches say: " Open Competition "

Does he mean it?

I don't know but T.T should be the unequivocal starter at least for the first half the season unless he absolutely tanks it or gets injured. Having said that, I do see the promise in Peterman, even though his accuracy under pressure needs to improve but he seems to see things that T.T is unable to see and he throws with anticipation and decisiveness from the little I've observed. I think he's in good position to become a solid back up in this league at worst and possibly an NFL caliber starting QB.

I do think Peterman is the #2 but not ready for regular season play. Keep all 3 QBs on the 53 .

If Taylor goes down , I put Yates in during regular season. Don't ruin Peterson until he is given time to develop .