The Bills' D Looks Strong Two Weeks into Preseason

I am very pleased with what I have seen thus far in two practice games from the Bills' defensive unit.

The run D is stout and they're getting good pressure on QBs as well. We're looking at the strength of the team especially early in the season with so many moving parts on offense.

Go Bills!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very pleased with what I have seen thus far in two practice games from the Bills' defensive unit.

The run D is stout and they're getting good pressure on QBs as well. We're looking at the strength of the team especially early in the season with so many moving parts on offense.

Go Bills!

The run D was the most impressive thing in an unimpressive performance overall, and I do think it will be tremendously improved this year.

I think we will back top 12 again this year....mostly because our DL will be allowed to attack and still have talent there.

Young talent too.

Mark Kelso mentioned this last year, Sal C brought it up recently. The Bills secondary didn't play zone well last year.

We brought in guys that are good in zone and let go the ones who didn't.

Not only did the run defense kill this defense last year....deep balls did as well. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, we allowed the most 30 yard passes last year?

Our corners won't be on an island anymore and will have 2 or 3 deep safety's.

I feel good about our defense.

our d-line is great, LB not so great, and the secondary is garbage. don't even bother watching the Falcons or Pats games - it's not going to be pretty

How about waiting to see how cohesive they can be at all three levels before making such a statement? Maybe that's too much to ask of you. B-)

The LBers have been playing pretty good imo

against the run. there was a big hole in the middle of the field in zone coverage and Humber wasn't doing much in the flats

How about waiting to see how cohesive they can be at all three levels before making such a statement? Maybe that's too much to ask of you. B-)

they better sack the QB every play then! the d-line is good but i don't know if they are that good

against the run. there was a big hole in the middle of the field in zone coverage and Humber wasn't doing much in the flats

they better sack the QB every play then! the d-line is good but i don't know if they are that good

They have time to get better coordination of assignments at all three levels and they'll have more wrinkles once they start specific game planning for opponents.

for the sake of being positive...Lorenzo Alexander still looks pretty good in his new role which is very surprising. a former lineman moving to 3-4 LB later in life is one thing but now playing in the 4-3 which is completely out of position for him is one of the more remarkable things i've ever seen. lucky for us because we don't really have a plan B but so far so good!

Agreed.they seem to have nice depth too. Just need to see what the do against a better QB. Flacco is likely the best test they get in the preseason as stafford won't likely play the final one

They won't face Flacco either. It'll be Mallett.

Preseason is so hard to get a real read on anything. I remember one year they were #1 or #2 in run defense during the preseason but were historically bad stopping the run in the regular season.

There isn't a whole lot to take from preseason. Even OL blocking. Preseason is mostly 1 vs 1,regular season you help out weak spots.

Yea.

Would've liked to see a Lynn/Bradley combo and see immediate results rather then this semi tear down.

Good defense with bad offense or vice versa. Would be great to put together two competent units in the same year for once.

The offense will still be better than the defense by a lot.

How do you figure?

Go Bills!

Agree completely..The 1 thing i wanted to see was them stopping the run..Back to the 4-3 and they seem right back in tune