Can we talk about the OL?

Thurmal34

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducasse has no business being a starter, or even being on the team.

We need Cordy Glenn. I hope his foot is healthy.

Eric Wood getting pushed around tonight is concerning.

Dawkins may have to be forced into the line-up, because Mills is just not cutting it.

Miller should be starting. That is without question.

Henderson had another bad game. Move him to RT and see how he does.

The blitz killed the O-Line tonight.

Not encouraging, but that doesn't mean it's a lost cause.

Let's see what the coaching staff comes up with this week.

Biggest issue is that they're not letting the units build cohesion. Miller/Mills & Ducasse/Dawkins switching with the 1st string. Miller was in at RG with the 3rd string as well.

Excellent point and this should be corrected for next week's 3rd preseason game dress rehearsal.

Biggest issue is that they're not letting the units build cohesion. Miller/Mills & Ducasse/Dawkins switching with the 1st string. Miller was in at RG with the 3rd string as well.

I agree, Bloke.

The coaches have had to have seen enough to know who should be starting. No more of this experimenting by switching out players.

Yeah I hear this, spot on. No idea what they are thinking here. Only thing I can imagine is they know Cordy's foot is cooked.

Also agree worried about Wood's stoutness.

Edited by Thurmal34

Long term may not be bad if handled properly.

I think that Buffalo signed Groy with Wood being closer to the end of his career in mind, If Glenn stays healthy, he is a good left tackle. Incognito has a couple of years left. Miller looked bad today but has had a good career so far. Glenn, Incognito, Miller and Groy are a base to start from.

Dawkins looked awful today but he is a rookie, and that can happen in preseason. He has time to develop behind Incognito and could be a good interior lineman by the time Incognito is gone..

Tackle depth is the issue at hand. I wish that Kujo didnt screw up his career, he was actually a solid backup left tackle last year. We certainly could have used him tonight. You could survive if your weakest link is Mills at RT, but that paired with Henderson at LT was a disaster. Short term, I would say sign Albert or the best available veteran tackle. Long term, there are a lot of draft picks, if you add at least two lineman including a high pick on a tackle it is a good start.

Of course you never know if a lineman will get hurt or a draft pick will be a bust but long term, Buffalo could have a base of.

Glenn-Incognito/Dawkins-Groy-Miller-Draft pick with another draft pick and maybe a solid veteran as backups.

Edited by dgrochester55

Go ****ing figure Rex's staff has a great offense and screws up the defense, whereas this staff in year one has the trajectory to be doing the complete opposite. Ravens fans were happy to see Castillo gone and his stubborn desire to keep working with Ducasse is a painfully obvious failure.

Pardon my buzzed hot take. I just can't view preseason as a grain of salt.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts