GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Bills vs. Eagles at 7 PM ET

As this turns into a typical game two disorderly scrum it would be good to hear some words of wisdom from the oldtimers

I'm not an old timer, but I'm old enough to remember the 90's Bills pre-season vacations. If Twitter and the Message Board existed back then Marv would have been a Head Coach that needed to be fired, Kelly would have been a bum, Frank Reich would be said to be a CFL level QB...maybe, Bruce would have been lazy and said not to care about the team, Thurman (See Bruce).

Not to say the current team will be any good, and it is frustrating to see all of the mistakes and ineffectiveness, but pre-season won't tell the tale for most NFL teams. We really do need to wait for the regular season. Ducasse ain't going to start if he's even on the team. If Cordy can play the line will be okay. McCoy is gonna McCoy. He's a one man wrecking crew with the rock in his hands. The offense looks messy, but trading away a high impact player can help with that. I also think morale was low this week, in spite of all of the "right" things being said by the players.

I'm more concerned with McD and Beane. I'm starting to find them to be a bit disingenuous. Maybe that's just my perception though.

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules question

How was Rehkows kick out of bounds in the endzone a penalty, yet when they kick it out of the endzone it isnt. Both are technically kicks out of bounds are they not?

Uncle Rico's kickoff didn't make it past the goal line in the field of play according to the officials.

@MatthewFairburn

As T.J. Yates finishes this one off, here are my observations from the Buffalo Bills starters in Philly: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/bills_vs_eagles_observations_from_preseason_game.html

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: Whose stock is rising and whose is falling for the #Bills after Week Two of the preseason.

@TBNSports

@bytimgraham: Tyrod Taylor wobbles in Philly, but #Bills fans should resist QB controversy urge

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/17/insta-graham-tyrod-taylor-wobbles-philly-fans-resist-qb-controversy-urge/

TOP 3 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM BILLS-EAGLES

top-3-bills-eagles-story.jpg

While there's no arguing that the Bills have a penalty problem to address, there was some encouraging play by a couple of draft choices and the run 'D' looks poised to rebound this season.

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "OVERALL A LOT OF WORK TO DO" (9:03)

The Bills head coach talks about the penalties, the play of the quarterbacks, and some young players getting an opportunity, in his postgame press conference after the loss to the Eagles.

BILLS TODAY: POSITION BATTLES INTENSIFY VERSUS EAGLES

bills-today-8-18-story.jpg

Position battles at cornerback, right guard and right tackle continued through the Bills second preseason game Thursday night with no roles expected to be finalized soon.

WATCH: BILLS FALL LATE IN PHILADELPHIA (2:58)

A fourth quarter touchdown by Brandon Reilly wasn't enough, as Buffalo couldn't overcome penalties and mistakes in a 20-16 loss to the Eagles.

WATCH: BILLS' OFFENSE STARTS SLOW, GAINS MOMENTUM (2:30)

John Murphy highlights the ups and downs of the Bills' Offense against the Eagles in the second preseason game of 2017.

MCCOY: "I HAVE TO PROVE MYSELF AGAIN" (2:05)

Bills RB LeSean McCoy spoke to the media following the team's game against the Eagles. McCoy discussed what it was like being back in Philadelphia and how he felt on the field as he got his first action of the preseason.

TAYLOR: "IT'S A TIME FOR US TO GROW AS A TEAM" (2:44)

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor spoke to the media following the team's game against the Eagles. Taylor discussed how he believes the offense can improve and how the team can build stronger chemistry moving forward.