Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, who would have thought there'd be violence at this?

Yeah, one group of thugs showed up carrying Nazi flags, and one group showed up with Nazi tactics.

Remember that the City of Charlottesville attempted to move the jackass supremacist's rally to a different location & was blocked by a judge, who declared that the rally could take place in its original venue.

The Antifa crowd had no permit & simply showed up to attempt to shut down the rally by their use of the heckler's veto & the threat of violence, which is what happened.

I am in no way trying to defend the white supremacists, they are the worst kind of trash. But it seems to me that the law should be blind to the political opinions that a group holds. Once the state starts picking winners and losers based on who merits protection, we are on a path that at a minimum doesn't lead to free speech.

Impressive how a vein of people can take the cold blooded murder perpetrated by a shameless emboldened "white nationalist" and turn it into a conversation about free speech rights, the "state" picking winners and losers, the ratio of white nationalists in the general population - among other things.....

Good work....;0

For Sherpa, I am not trying to be personally critical of the police in Charlottesville, but there are reports of problems.

From the NEW YORK TIMES:

POLICE 'STAND DOWN' BLAMED FOR VIRGINIA CHAOS...

From the WASHINGTON POST:

Fear of 'violent left' preceded events in Charlottesville...

And I fully understand that.

This is the classic scenario in our recent past.

You let two groups assert their 1st amendment rights, knowing what each side wants to do is provoke a conflict.

Then the predictable occurs and the finger pointing starts at those who are supposed to react within a boundary that is nearly impossible. The "Goldilocks" only response, knowing that no matter what you do, with five major networks scrambling for ratings, there is always going to be someone, some "expert," claiming how it should have been done different.

It is nonsense.

This situation has been known for well over a month. The city tried to get the location moved to assist the police in an effort to have better control. A judge rejected that on Friday.

This clown Jason Kessler, the hate monger who is behind organizing this event here, has been at it for many months.

His recruiting all of these hate groups to descend on this town is an egregious attempt to incite a riot.

My reaction is because I saw what was done and I heard the pleas to get through it peacefully.

When I heard about the disgusting torch lit march through the University of Virginia grounds on Friday night, for no apparent reason other than to flame the passions, I knew these folks were up to a lot more than asserting free speech.

When I drove by the area at 9 or so, it looked like a war zone. Barricades and police lined up 20' apart with automatic weapons.

When I returned home through it at 12, the white supremacists hate mongers were marching to the protest site, and I could hear their chants and see their idiotic "uniforms."

The point is that if you orchestrate a riot, and seem to do everything necessary to ensure one comes about, you ought not get too critical of the way normal folks try to stop it.

One dead, 19 or so injured by a Hitler fan from 1000 miles away.

It could have been a lot worse, and I will join others in my area thanking our law enforcement people, for not going in there with the full force that could have led to a disaster.

If they wanted to stop it, or had orders to stop it, they easily could have. They learned absolutely nothing from the incidents in Berkeley earlier this year where Berkeley police were issued stand down orders and riots broke out as the police stood by and watched.

But you drove by this event so you know.

I always get a kick out of this message board nonsense.

You have no idea "orders" or rules of engagement were in place.

You have no idea what could have happened if some other strategy was used.

If there's one thing I've learned as I've watched this and many other events unfold, some of which I've been very familiar with, it's that people judging the performance of other people, often professional people, is folly.

And the claim that I "know" because I "drove by the event" is false.

What I know is that both sides recruited people from far distant areas and attempted to start a riot.

Simple enough?

I always get a kick out of this message board nonsense.

You have no idea "orders" or rules of engagement were in place.

You have no idea what could have happened if some other strategy was used.

If there's one thing I've learned as I've watched this and many other events unfold, some of which I've been very familiar with, it's that people judging the performance of other people, often professional people, is folly.

And the claim that I "know" because I "drove by the event" is false.

What I know is that both sides recruited people from far distant areas and attempted to start a riot.

Simple enough?

I have no idea? Yeah I do. It's called past performance. You put two groups that hate each other together with little or no police control there will be violence. In Berkeley during one event the police were ordered to stand down and all hell broke loose. Then the next event they separated the two groups and allowed them to protest. Gee guess what happened? Peaceful protests. Amazing isn't it.

Simple enough?

It's the apologists for groups that are violent, a favourite pasttime for CNN, that is the worst.

When police were murdered in Dallas, CNN went on for hours about how BLM is a perfectly peaceful organization and totally blameless when their gatherings ended up with violence.

I saw a different priority on the matter, one that could have taken even 10% of the panelists concerns...

It's the apologists for groups that are violent, a favourite pasttime for CNN, that is the worst.

When police were murdered in Dallas, CNN went on for hours about how BLM is a perfectly peaceful organization and totally blameless when their gatherings ended up with violence.

I saw a different priority on the matter, one that could have taken even 10% of the panelists concerns...

because, as we all know, black people are on the whole good, peace-loving victims for whom we shouldn't extrapolate the actions of a few crazies. However, ALL white people are evil oppressors and any white terrorists are far more evil than any black or brown murderers.

or so they tell me on the boob tube.

I have no idea? Yeah I do. It's called past performance. You put two groups that hate each other together with little or no police control there will be violence. In Berkeley during one event the police were ordered to stand down and all hell broke loose. Then the next event they separated the two groups and allowed them to protest. Gee guess what happened? Peaceful protests. Amazing isn't it.

Simple enough?

Geez.

You are so smart.

It's really unfortunate that the judge who rejected the city plea that the "event" be moved to an area where this could have been done, and which was the exact intent of the plea, didn't consult you.

But, alas, the judge did what he did for the reasons he did.

Instead, it was allowed to occur in an area where such separation was impossible.

Market yourself to district judges as a "riot preventer," because they haven't figured it out yet.

Geez.

You are so smart.

It's really unfortunate that the judge who rejected the city plea that the "event" be moved to an area where this could have been done, and which was the exact intent of the plea, didn't consult you.

But, alas, the judge did what he did for the reasons he did.

Instead, it was allowed to occur in an area where such separation was impossible.

Market yourself to district judges as a "riot preventer," because they haven't figured it out yet.

My solution:

have one group march one day, the other march the next.

Problem solved. No one's rights violated, no riots.

because, as we all know, black people are on the whole good, peace-loving victims for whom we shouldn't extrapolate the actions of a few crazies. However, ALL white people are evil oppressors and any white terrorists are far more evil than any black or brown murderers.

or so they tell me on the boob tube.

How do you not see that you are complaining about people painting in broad strokes while you're standing there with a dripping ROLLER in your hand? Nobody here has said all white people are evil or anything even close to that.

How do you not see that you are complaining about people painting in broad strokes while you're standing there with a dripping ROLLER in your hand? Nobody here has said all white people are evil or anything even close to that.

nobody HERE did. Because, shockingly, the people here actually have MORE common sense than the MSM.