Knee jerk reaction that losing Sammy is bad for TT?

GG

History shows that WRs rarely provide a decade of top performance. Especially the ones who don't fully commit to the craft.

SW is only 24. How would one conclude that he isn't fully committed to the craft? Runs great routes, good hands. Not training for the Olympics vs football. I'm not seeing it here, sorry.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could go back to this time last year, would you take a 2nd or even a 3rd for Gilmore?

2-6 with sammy last year and 5-3 without him. we might have imrpoved the team

Couple of good points here. I strongly suspect the posters whining about the Sammy trade won't have much to say about either.

2-6 with sammy last year and 5-3 without him. we might have imrpoved the team

When you depend one 1 guy who u don't use all game or he's injured

Addition by Subtraction may be the result.

I remember a stat that cincy is better without aj green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerry--I disagree for a simple reason: I think the chances of them taking a QB next season (assuming the draft will be as good as everyone says it will be on the qb front) in the first round are close to 100 percent.

I think the obvious takeaway from the trades is that they know that they'll be in a dogfight to move up, and they decided to accumulate ammo in the form of high picks.

Whaley was fired, but he is friendly with the Pegulas. When he left, he said his big regret was never getting a blue chip qb becuae that's the only thing that can really turn things around. I am sure he told this to them on his way out, and I am pretty sure the message sunk in.

Tyrod is a bridge qb. If he has a good season, all the better - they'll be able to trade him for a second rounder.

Edited by dave mcbride

This team had a glimmer of hope to make the playoffs before the trade simply because they had not played a game. After the trade all hope is gone. This team will not win 6 games.

McD is not a young Belicheck. If he is a young Belicheck, he will be fired and hired twice before being a decent HC.

Beanie destroyed any hope for the 2017 season. He did not do it with the mindset that TT will be the franchise QB. If he really wants to stockpile picks, trade Glenn to Seattle, TT to the Jets, and Shady to Dallas.

We will destroy the Jets in week one. Week 2 the real season begins.

This team had a glimmer of hope to make the playoffs before the trade simply because they had not played a game. After the trade all hope is gone. This team will not win 6 games.

McD is not a young Belicheck. If he is a young Belicheck, he will be fired and hired twice before being a decent HC.

Beanie destroyed any hope for the 2017 season. He did not do it with the mindset that TT will be the franchise QB. If he really wants to stockpile picks, trade Glenn to Seattle, TT to the Jets, and Shady to Dallas.

We will destroy the Jets in week one. Week 2 the real season begins.

Whether or not we make the playoffs rests on how good the defense is this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerry--I disagree for a simple reason: I think the chances of them taking a QB next season (assuming the draft will be as good as everyone says it will be on the qb front) in the first round are close to 100 percent.

I think the obvious takeaway from the trades is that they know that they'll be in a dogfight to move up, and they decided to accumulate ammo in the form of high picks.

Whaley was fired, but he is friendly with the Pegulas. When he left, he said his big regret was never getting a blue chip qb becuae that's the only thing that can really turn things around. I am sure he told this to them on his way out, and I am pretty sure the message sunk in.

Tyrod is a bridge qb. If he has a good season, all the better - they'll be able to trade him for a second rounder.

I also agree with the view that Sammys trade was to accumulate ammo for a possible trade. I think that possibility goes above 100% if Tyrod continues to struggle.

I'm trying to figure out the real rationale behind the trade, because in isolation, the swap makes zero football sense.

Will see how the rest of the preseason goes, and if Tyrod finds his dependable No. 1. I was never sold on the Tyrod Sammy combo. That's why I think they had to choose one or the other. And if it's a tie, you go with the QB.

That really wasn't the reason this team lost the last few years.

The defensive coaching and system were brutal. Terry made a big mistake hiring Rex. We are already seeing the difference this preseason. Had the team retained Schwartz, and with Tyrod they are a playoff team the past two years, easy.

well said. the talent was there. we wasted it.