The future seems bright?

I think he Bills are moving in the right direction now. The team is positioning itself right or wrong to be something in 3 to 4 years. Brady's time is coming to an end. As much as i hate that guy, we really don't stand a chance while he's playing as he has beat ALL of the best of the current best.

I like the stacking of picks. I think it plays out like this:

We draft a franchise QB. Taylor walks. We build the team around our guy. Brady retires. The Jets and Dolphins stay mediocre. The Pats lose a huge advantage when Brady hangs it up. The Bills, if they play their their cards right are there to take the AFC East throne for the long haul.

The bills never really hit rock bottom to do a full rebuild after the glory years. Everything is lining up to do it now. To put the team in a great spot when the cheaters qb calls it quits.

We're not going to hit rock bottom. Not with Shady and Tyrod on this team. This is going to be a mediocre team who wins 6 or 7 games and we get to watch other teams draft QBs with top picks while we sit on our hands and take another CB.

Edited by Bangarang

We're not going to hit rock bottom. Not with Shady and Tyrod on this team. This is going to be a mediocre team who wins 6 or 7 games and we get to watch other teams draft QBs with top picks while we sit on our hands and take another CB.

true

It all depends if you can use all these picks to find a franchise QB.

Do you really know what this means, exactly ?

Is it more important than winning a SB ?

Dilfer, Gannon, Doug Williams, Mark Fvckin Ripien, and others were not what I'm guessing your definition of it is.

I think TT is as good as - if not better - than all of those - I'd be happy with a SB even if TT isn't a 12 year guy.

Nothing wrong with feeling the future is bright in Buffalo but I think you are conning yourself if you thing only winning 6 or 7 games this year denotes moving in the right direction, lo, to me it denotes making a ton of offseason moves that didn't result in winning any more games

Just saying...

jc

Yes then trade the promising CB half way through his affordable rookie deal for a container of cotton candy.

Sure, a top pick would be nice to take a QB. But you don't absolutely need one to find a franchise guy. Just looking st current NFL starting QB's -

Joe Flacco - taken 18th overall

Derek Carr - 2nd round

Aaron Rodgers - 24th overall

Ben Roethlisberger - 11th overall

Tom Brady - 6th round

Drew Brees - 2nd round

Russel Wilson - 3rd round

Kirk Cousins - 4th round

Dark Prescott - 4th round

Andy Dalton - 2nd round

Tiny Romo - undrafted (and now retired)

Then you have guys who were taken top 3 that haven't done squat - Blake Bortles, Sam Bradford, RGIII, even guys like Matt Stafford (who is definitely a franchise QB and I would take in a heart beat) haven't won a thing and Alex Smith although a franchise guy is pretty underwhelming for a 1st overall. I could go even further and say what real success has a guy like Carson Palmer had (taken 1st overall)? He said played in what, 3 or 4 playoff games in his entire career, with 1 win (IIRC)?

I mean even Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, Cam Newton (who are all absolutely franchise QBs and who I would LOVE to have) haven't really won anything. I would take any one of them in a heart beat though! lol

Then guys like Goff and Wentz it's too soon to tell, although Goff looked terrible his first season, and Wentz didn't look very good outside the first 3-4 games. But it's way too soon to call on them. Same goes for Mariota and Winston, although both look to be on their way to success.

Now, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I would absolutely love love love to have one of those elite top of the draft QBs. But it's no guarantee that the Bills win anything is all i'm saying, and also that you can find a legit franchise QB to win a Super Bowl with outside the top 3-5 of the draft. Not all our hopes for the future hang on a top 3 QB pick.

Even when you have a top 3-5 pick, it's more about being lucky enough to get that top pick in the right QB draft year, and then pick the right QB in that draft. Not too often are there sure thing QBs these days. College QBs are more of a crap,shoot now than they've probably ever been.

With all the picks they're stockpiling, they'll be able to trade up if they see a QB they want. that doesn't guarantee that someone will trade or that the pick will become a franchise QB, but the ammo is there.

With all the picks they're stockpiling, they'll be able to trade up if they see a QB they want. that doesn't guarantee that someone will trade or that the pick will become a franchise QB, but the ammo is there.

The ammo certainly there. It's just a matter of whether there will be a guy they really like and someone who is willing to make the trade. Edited by Bangarang

I disagree with the popular sentiment on this board--that packaging picks to draft a "franchise" QB is the way forward.

McD and Bean have shown they value the draft to acquire talent. They loves some draft picks. They'll draft a QB with a pick if they like him, but they aren't going to package picks to move up to select a particular person. It's not how they roll, IMO.

The future is indeed bright -= IF =- Bean and McD are good draft day operators.

I disagree with the popular sentiment on this board--that packaging picks to draft a "franchise" QB is the way forward.

McD and Bean have shown they value the draft to acquire talent. They loves some draft picks. They'll draft a QB with a pick if they like him, but they aren't going to package picks to move up to select a particular person. It's not how they roll, IMO.

Do you mean like they didn't package picks to move up for Zay Jones and the same for Dion Dawkins?

2020 is where it's at.

Tankathon

I wish. Brady owns the 2000's and 2010's. 2020 can be our decade if we play our cards right. Personally that would be my strategy but these guys want to show everyone how super competetive they are and don't want to back down from a fight. But sometimes you have to know when you are outgunned, retreat, and come back stronger.

Yeah I don't see them selling their future to move up and draft a QB. Maybe they're willing to give up that extra Chief's 1st to move up. But I'd be surprised if they traded away a whole draft for 1 player. I think they know the Bills need to be built from the ground up through the draft.

Although, who knows. That Watkins trade took some big balls, and Beane has said he knows the importance of having a franchise QB & how it's a QB driven league. So if he feels very confident about a certain QB maybe he's willing to go all in for him?

It's kind of hard to predict what these new guys are going to do, as they haven't been on the job long enough yet for us to really know their tendencies. All I know for sure is that they value character and a team first mentality. That is very clear to see in the players they've drafted/acquired.