Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that so many folks around here support these moves. I just don't understand it. I wonder if Buffalo sports fans and residents are so beaten down that they just assume that good players don't want to be in Buffalo, so it's just a matter of time before the good ones leave and "don't let the door hit you on the way out" if you even hint at being unhappy.

Or maybe Bills fans have simply forgotten what it's like to be competitive on Sundays and have focused all of their energies and fantasies on the offseason and NFL Draft, so that they'd rather gear up for a super exciting draft weekend than have to watch their team fall short year after year during the actual season.

Mark my words: the Bills are going to spend years - YEARS - trying to acquire another talent the likes of Sammy. To trade away an explosive, game-altering, defense-intimidating player in the prime of his career, after all that has been invested in marketing him and healing him and integrating him - it's just lunacy to me.

And wait until you see all of the 4-yard rollout passes to fullbacks and plodding lead-handed receivers this season - folks are gonna start to turn on this trade, I firmly believe. This is going to be a boring, slow, easily-defended offense designed to limit mistakes.

This is Jauron Ball 2.0. They're building a roster full of saints and soldiers, that's great, but where is the TALENT?

So his production was analogous to a low end car. Got it

One of the least-efficient WRs in the league.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that so many folks around here support these moves. I just don't understand it. I wonder if Buffalo sports fans and residents are so beaten down that they just assume that good players don't want to be in Buffalo, so it's just a matter of time before the good ones leave and "don't let the door hit you on the way out" if you even hint at being unhappy.

Or maybe Bills fans have simply forgotten what it's like to be competitive on Sundays and have focused all of their energies and fantasies on the offseason and NFL Draft, so that they'd rather gear up for a super exciting draft weekend than have to watch their team fall short year after year during the actual season.

Mark my words: the Bills are going to spend years - YEARS - trying to acquire another talent the likes of Sammy. To trade away an explosive, game-altering, defense-intimidating player in the prime of his career, after all that has been invested in marketing him and healing him and integrating him - it's just lunacy to me.

And wait until you see all of the 4-yard rollout passes to fullbacks and plodding lead-handed receivers this season - folks are gonna start to turn on this trade, I firmly believe. This is going to be a boring, slow, easily-defended offense designed to limit mistakes.

This is Jauron Ball 2.0. They're building a roster full of saints and soldiers, that's great, but where is the TALENT?

Okey dokey.

Not sure it'll be this season as fans will just look forward to the draft. But give it a few years and they'll be wanting a #1 receiver. I mean Moulds was the last #1 receiver the Bills really had.

The part that annoys me is yea they got draft picks, where do you think Watkins replacement will come from? The Bills aren't going to spend in FA, McD and Beane have already said as much.

I just don't believe in this philosophy of getting rid of young talent. If you wanna tank, fine, get rid of veteran talent like the Jets are doing. Get rid of Kyle, Eric Wood, don't restructure Tyrod... don't sign Boldin/Alexander. Go for the top 3 pick. This getting rid of 2 youngs guys and remaining mildly competitive is going to result in a pick outside the top 10. And yea they may be able to move up, but if the Jets are siting there at 1, the 49ers at 2 and the Jaguars at 3, the chances of moving into those spots for a QB are slim, especially if said QB is a slam dunk.

So now the Bills are settling for possibly lesser QB and going half in on a tank.

Nailed it. Only out if Zay crushes it.

Not sure it'll be this season as fans will just look forward to the draft. But give it a few years and they'll be wanting a #1 receiver. I mean Moulds was the last #1 receiver the Bills really had.

The part that annoys me is yea they got draft picks, where do you think Watkins replacement will come from? The Bills aren't going to spend in FA, McD and Beane have already said as much.

I just don't believe in this philosophy of getting rid of young talent. If you wanna tank, fine, get rid of veteran talent like the Jets are doing. Get rid of Kyle, Eric Wood, don't restructure Tyrod... don't sign Boldin/Alexander. Go for the top 3 pick. This getting rid of 2 youngs guys and remaining mildly competitive is going to result in a pick outside the top 10. And yea they may be able to move up, but if the Jets are siting there at 1, the 49ers at 2 and the Jaguars at 3, the chances of moving into those spots for a QB are slim, especially if said QB is a slam dunk.

So now the Bills are settling for possibly lesser QB and going half in on a tank.

Agree with both posts. This trade stinks the same way the Jason Peters and Marshawn Lynch trades stunk, and the knee-jerk approval of Bills fans of all three simply demonstrates why it's unlikely that the Bills will seriously seek to put a winning team on the field any time in the foreseeable future. With most of the team revenue coming from tv money, it's much more profitable for the Bills to suck than to be competitive, particularly when apparently there's no move the FO can make that will deter fans blindly supporting the team.

Lynch and his agent went to Buddy after Spiller got drafted and told him there was no way he was resigning. So Buddy moved him. And let's not open up the Peters nonsense again.

I don't like the Sammy trade, because when he's healthy he's an elite talent. But is he truly healthy? Did he and/or his agent tell the Bills he wasn't going to reup this year? We don't know. Maybe he was ticked he didn't get his extension for year 5, although with his injury it seemed reasonable. A lot goes on we as fans don't see. And as I recall isn't his agent from the Parker stable?

Stinks that he got traded. But if you look at the team now vs. a week ago the difference is you gave up one WR in Sammy but now have two starters in Bolden and Matthews. Neither are as dynamic as a healthy Sammy, which stinks. But looking at it this way I don't know that the doom and gloom is altogether justified.

It doesn't seem to me like McDermott is calling the shots. Beane said he didn't even tell him about the Sammy trade until the night before it happened. Then they all discussed it - Pegula, McDermott and Beane and came to a conclusion. That sounds to me like a group effort, which is what they've said all along.

They hadn't traded Sammy yet when they signed Holmes though, and they could still end up cutting him and the others for the 3rd round comp pick.

I still think that's a likely scenario that they cut 3 of those 4 players for the comp pick. Especially if they're able to fill those holes when rosters are cut down to 53.

Again though, it's not just Holmes they need to cut. So it's not him alone that costs them a comp pick. It's 3 of these 4 players - Ducasse, Holmes, DiMarco (or Ryan Davis, I've seen both listed), and Stephen Hauschka.

Also, I'm not sure I'd say it makes no sense to sign needed players to fill out your roster, instead of getting a 3rd round comp pick a year from now (which is really a 4th round pick, since it is given after the 3rd round is over).

McD was calling the shots before Beane was hired.

If Watkins isn't "needed," neither is Ducasse, Davis and Holmes. And again, the comp pick is before every 4th round pick. It's not "basically a 4th."

Lynch and his agent went to Buddy after Spiller got drafted and told him there was no way he was resigning. So Buddy moved him. And let's not open up the Peters nonsense again.

I don't like the Sammy trade, because when he's healthy he's an elite talent. But is he truly healthy? Did he and/or his agent tell the Bills he wasn't going to reup this year? We don't know. Maybe he was ticked he didn't get his extension for year 5, although with his injury it seemed reasonable. A lot goes on we as fans don't see. And as I recall isn't his agent from the Parker stable?

Stinks that he got traded. But if you look at the team now vs. a week ago the difference is you gave up one WR in Sammy but now have two starters in Bolden and Matthews. Neither are as dynamic as a healthy Sammy, which stinks. But looking at it this way I don't know that the doom and gloom is altogether justified.

Beane flat out said he had no info about Sammy wanting out.

McD was calling the shots before Beane was hired.

If Watkins isn't "needed," neither is Ducasse, Davis and Holmes. And again, the comp pick is before every 4th round pick. It's not "basically a 4th."

Beane flat out said he had no info about Sammy wanting out.

Ok

For those that like the trade, flip it and think about how you would feel. Lets say we have the receivers we have now. The Rams are the ones who drafted Sammy. You wake up to find we traded a second round pick and acquired Watkins. Are you pissed or happy?

Edited by Scott7975

The draft picks retained the last decade or so is terrible. Whole draft classes gone.

This offseason alone we had Sammy, EJ, Gilmore, Kujo, Darby and woods.

That's 4 firsts (Sammy x2) and 3 seconds out the door without a second contract this offseason alone.