I honestly feel sorry for Jerry Sullivan

The Plunge

I used to get angry at Jerry's articles and tweets. But now I just feel sorry for him. He's a miserable, sad human. And he's only happy when he brings people down to his level of misery. It's very sad actually.

I think he genuinely hates the team and it's players. And if any of them are finding success, he takes it upon himself to pull them back down. When's the last time he wrote an article where he praised a player on the team? Or a coach?

I've muted Jerry on twitter. I hate seeing his articles posted at Two Bills Drive but I get why they're here. That said, if this site decided to stop posting his crap, I would applaud the decision.

I didn't read what he wrote but you are generally correct that he finds negative in things.

1- he doesn't cover everything in rose colored glasses.

2- he's from the New England area and he is not a Bills fan so it's no surprise he's not a fan of this team. He does his job.

I didn't read what he wrote but you are generally correct that he finds negative in things.

2- he's from the New England area and he is not a Bills fan so it's no surprise he's not a fan of this team. He does his job.

re point 2, I think you're thinking about Rodak, aren't you?

Guest NeckBeard

I'm envious of Jerry. I really am. You could say any number of critical things about this team for the past 17 years, and you'd probably be right, or at least on some level. Good on that young man for being in tune with capitalism, and seizing the precious opportunity with the BN that he had been presented.

http://buffalonews.com/author/jerry_sullivan/

"Jerry Sullivan grew up in Newport, R.I., though some would dispute the grown-up part. He is a professional skeptic"

If you scroll down in that link he does say that the Boldin signing is a good signing.

Interesting. I wasnt' aware of that. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm fine with someone being critical of things. I think it's healthy. But it has to be done with balance. I don't like people who just report the positive either. You lose credibility when your opinion is too skewed either way.

I get the sentiment, OP.

It's so pathetic at this point I don't even care. Sully is an antique in a modern social media feeding frenzy, and is just trying to keep his head above water.

Sure his views are rediculous and not based on facts or reason, but his credibility is so low that I have a hard time getting fired up about his stuff.

I read his article. We'll see. At the end of the day, most of these NFL journalists (who examine to one degree or another all 32 teams) have done a pretty accurate job over the past 4-5 years of prognosticating how the Bills' season will go. Sully is super skeptical because there are all kinds of reason to be skeptical this year. That's why they play the games I guess.... we shall see

Edited by jmcraig44

It's not like he's never posted anything positive. His job is to generate revenue, and posting negative, controversial things gets more reaction from people.

Yep.

His piece on Tyrod today is spot on.

"Write about that!!", haaaa they make it way too easy for Sully sometimes.

No...I would say he tries very hard to do the exact opposite

One thing is for sure, the Bills have certainly given him plenty of reasons to post negative articles over the years.

I'm sure he's grinning right now, after the trades.

This afternoon's headline: "Bills Betray Fans With Watkins Jerseys"

It's not like he's never posted anything positive. His job is to generate revenue, and posting negative, controversial things gets more reaction from people.

Hopefully the reaction is to cancel Buffalo News subscription.

I have never had an issue getting around Buffalo News' paywall. It is so simple to bypass.