I honestly feel sorry for Jerry Sullivan

The Plunge

I didn't read what he wrote but you are generally correct that he finds negative in things.

1- he doesn't cover everything in rose colored glasses.

2- he's from the New England area and he is not a Bills fan so it's no surprise he's not a fan of this team. He does his job.

He's from Providence, RI.

Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing. It seems quite sad to me to have built a career around pointing out the many flawed actions of the long playoff less Bills.

He's a sports writer paid to write about Buffalo sports and the Bills. That organization is historically one of the worst in N. American team sports history.

Would you prefer he fill his career discussing gardening tips?

He has a shtick: Pure negativity. When it's all he does, it's predictable, lazy and boring. But until the Bills start winning, Jerry is always right, which sucks.

Win, and this one dimensional act becomes irrelevant.

It is probably part true frustration at this inept organization and part shtick. He's a good sports opinion writer because he's a pretty good writer in general. He has a theme (almost always negative about the Bills), he develops it, comes up with some clever rhetorical devices ... it works. I read his columns after the trades because I knew they'd be readable, relatively entertaining. Some of the other regular Bills writers may know more football, but they simply don't write as well. He is what he is. I still read him. Most of the time.

The Bills have sucked for 17 years and the guy tells it like it is. So do all the other writers from the Buffalo News and Democrat and Chronicle. Winning would cure this.. but I doubt we make the playoffs this year so keep hating the reporters that tell it like it is.