Pats become 1st NFL team to buy 767 (2) to fly to games

I'd have to see the numbers but I doubt there's any money in that. First you are a football team, not a charter company. You'd have to hire staff to book and maintain the craft. What about hangar rent? What airport are you going to fly out of? Logan? Good luck finding space. Oh then there's the landing fees, fuel, and insurance. Oh man, the insurance!

I don't think Kraft bought anything. It's probably a charter he had painted.

Yeah no money in chartering flights that is why the charter flight industry is bankrupt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to see the numbers but I doubt there's any money in that. First you are a football team, not a charter company. You'd have to hire staff to book and maintain the craft. What about hangar rent? What airport are you going to fly out of? Logan? Good luck finding space. Oh then there's the landing fees, fuel, and insurance. Oh man, the insurance!

I don't think Kraft bought anything. It's probably a charter he had painted.

The article actually says that he bought 2 planes....not 1....

Now to address others

Hanger Space, takeoff, ground crews, maintenance crews -can be offset completely with a contract with an Airline (Say Delta gives them space now delta gets a small payment, season tickets to a box, and the ability to market they service an NFL teams planes)

Fuel - in the cost of the charter

Flight crews - can contract them (cheaper) but them on payroll as parttime employees

Worst case it is a wash no money made, none lost. However amenities for players continues to go through the roof and really helps with UFA recruiting

Now lets say they take a loss perfect way to help offset profits in taxes giving government less money. Essentially giving what you would to government to your players comfort on flights

Edited by MAJBobby

@albertbreer

Seahawks actually had their own team plane for a while, and they decided to ditch it b/c they were losing too much money on it.

Would like to know what year that was before or after they were good.

And if they even looked at the planes being used for anything else except team use

2 20 year old 767's is NO bargain! Parts and maintenance will be a nightmare. Especially if they have a problem in a city where whomever they have contract(s) with has no presence. True they could take parts off one to cover the other BUT you have to get the parts from one location to the other.

NASCAR is getting away from owning their own planes, and they fly more often than any NFL team.

Again, please explain how the Pats are going to make money from owning their own plane?

As one in the mix and getting paid for it, I advise people to never conjecture about corporate earnings and income tax unless they are paid to do so...

It's always amusing though...

I think chartering has gotten considerably more expensive this past year.

American dropped six teams this year, and now only does Dallas, Carolina and Philadelphia, so there is less supply.

United and Delta still do a considerable amount.

This is going to be an extremely expensive operation.

They really don't need hangar space, but a parked 767 is still mounting bills.

Trump never hangared his 757.

They will have contract maintenance, but what priority they get depends on who they contract with, and if they go with a non airline, they are going to have significantly less efficient service.

If they do go with an airline, they won't be a number one priority.

They'll probably hire some retired pilots who are current on the 767. Not cheap, but not much in the grand scheme.

It would be a benefit in the free agent market, but certainly they don't need that right now.

Ahhh so easy to dismiss someone instead of coming up with informed arguments right?

Add a ton of value here let me tell you

Just saying you seem to know how to do it right. The Seahawks could've used your expertise. Also, I read your other post. You make a lot of assumptions.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

"And both may be chartered out to other teams when the Patriots arent using them."

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/08/patriots-buy-planes/

They will either make money or this will be a wash. Wont lose money

Just saying you seem to know how to do it right. The Seahawks could've used your expertise. Also, I read your other post. You make a lot of assumptions.

Fact. They will charter them. No assumption made. See above

Flight operations will run out of Providence, Rhode Island, which is actually closer to the Patriots training facility in Foxborough, Massachusetts, than Boston Logan.

And bought for 10M. A charter for the season runs 4M. So have to make up 6M to make it a wash on the purchase.

But yep assumptions

Edited by MAJBobby

"And both may be chartered out to other teams when the Patriots arent using them."

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/08/patriots-buy-planes/

They will either make money or this will be a wash. Wont lose money

Fact. They will charter them. No assumption made. See above

You assume they can make it work grabbing staff and crew from wherever. Like I said. A lot of assumptions. Maybe you should read sherpa's post.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You assume they can make it work grabbing staff and crew from wherever. Like I said. A lot of assumptions. Maybe you should read sherpa's post.

Because it MAKES FINANCIAL SENSE to contract flight crew not put them on payroll

Because it MAKES FINANCIAL SENSE to contract flight crew not put them on payroll

Yes, if they are always available when needed. But since they don't work for you there is no guarantee that will be the case. And since you are begging and borrowing everything in the operation, that's a lot of things that can go south on you. Just saying.

Yes, if they are always available when needed. But since they don't work for you there is no guarantee that will be the case. And since you are begging and borrowing everything in the operation, that's a lot of things that can go south on you. Just saying.

So really hard to Contract a flight Crew for an NFL season when everything is Known. And then offseason charters also not hard either to plan ahead

So really hard to Contract a flight Crew for an NFL season when everything is Known. And then offseason charters also not hard either to plan ahead

No, but it might be hard to hire crew, etc for some of your charter customers, especially if it's a last minute thing. You know, the thing you said was going to make them lots of money.

No, but it might be hard to hire crew, etc for some of your charter customers, especially if it's a last minute thing. You know, the thing you said was going to make them lots of money.

He gave Krafty Bob something better in exchange. The latest in spying tech. "You like cheat? We cheat too."

If they are able to get both planes Chartered for a full 16 week football season they pay for the plans already.

By year two they are making money to cover the expenses just in the football season

So again this will make them money one way or another.

And yes you put a long term contract in place thats will get you a flight crew when needed. And if doesnt happen you have contract protections.

It is no different then the contracts i write everyday for the Government

Edited by MAJBobby