Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. One of the chapters is titled "You Can't Win an Argument," in which Carnegie writes:

Nine times out of ten, an argument ends with each of the contestants more firmly convinced than ever that he is absolutely right.

You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it. Why? Well, suppose you triumph over the other man and shoot his argument full of holes and prove that he is non compos mentis (not sane or in one's right mind). Then what? You will feel fine. But what about him? You have made him feel inferior. You have hurt his pride. He will resent your triumph. And -"A man convinced against his will, Is of the same opinion still."

Very interesting information, but I win arguments all the time with my wife. In fact, most arguments end with her saying "Ok, you're right. I don't know why I bothered disagreeing." This, along with the bonus of her not speaking to me for the rest of the day. Argument won!

Very interesting information, but I win arguments all the time with my wife. In fact, most arguments end with her saying "Ok, you're right. I don't know why I bothered disagreeing." This, along with the bonus of her not speaking to me for the rest of the day. Argument won!

she cheats on you.

Again point remains. Hard to use team scoring as how good your offense is when you discredit team scoring defense.

Lose credibility dont ya?

Stats that make the O look good -
3rd down %
O: 13th in 3rd downs
D: 19th in 3rd down defense.
1st downs
O: 16th in 1st downs
D: 24th in 1st downs allowed.
Takeaway/giveaway
O: 3rd in Giveaways
D: 23rd in takeaways
Stats that make them look not so good
Sacks
O: 4th in sacks allowed
D: 8th in sacks
Yards per game
O: 16th
D: 19th
Can spin it any way you want if you just pick and choose 1 or the other.
Looking at yards per play:
14th in yards per play on offense
20th in yards per play on defense
18th in plays per game on offense
17th in opponent plays per game
Edited by dneveu

Dale Carnegie's
How to Win Friends and Influence People.
One of the chapters is titled "You Can't Win an Argument," in which Carnegie writes:

Nine times out of ten, an argument ends with each of the contestants more firmly convinced than ever that he is absolutely right.

You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it. Why? Well, suppose you triumph over the other man and shoot his argument full of holes and prove that he is non compos mentis (not sane or in one's right mind). Then what? You will feel fine. But what about him? You have made him feel inferior. You have hurt his pride. He will resent your triumph. And -"A man convinced against his will, Is of the same opinion still."

:rolleyes:

Fun fact: that was Charles Manson's favorite book.

It was just a joke. Like many men, I actually have never won an arguement with my wife. She has absolutely no interest in logic or facts, just how it makes her feel to be disagreed with. Sorry for the detour into non-Bills territory. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

It was just a joke. Like many men, I actually have never won an arguement with my wife. She has absolutely no interest in logic or facts, just how it makes her feel to be disagreed with. Sorry for the detour into non-Bills territory. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

you get points for having a good sense of humor.

I've always wondered if every Francis is uptight.

I know two of them and they both are.

my dad is a francis, (goes by frank) and is one of the better ball busters i've encountered. i think it depends if you want to be called francis or frank.

Yep want to use the scoring offense as an argument. But ignores the scoring Defense which shows it was AVG.

But you know it cant be because an AVG defense with this offense means playoffs. (Isnt that the argument?)

SO SICK OF THIS LIE. You all realize, this "16th in scoring defense" is total BS right? You want to know why we were "16th"? Because of ONE fluke shoutout with NO BRADY, NO JIMMY, and essentially NO GRONK facing a rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

Guess what...in the other 15 games without a BLATANT anomaly, our defense was 26th in the NFL is scoring allowed. So in 94% of our games, we were among the 6 worst teams on defense in the NFL, but you clinically obsessed people with hating on Taylor in any way you can, REFUSE to acknowledge how bad the def REALLY was. It was atrocious.

And considering Brady dropped 41 points on us a few weeks later when he wasn't suspended, had he played in week 4 they likely score enough to drop us to 28th in the NFL which would have made us a bottom 4 Defense last year.

AND NOBODY can PRETEND we still shut out the Pats with Brady. We probably give up 30 plus with even Jimmy playing. Again, still putting us in bottom 4.

So for crying out loud, can we stop with this nonsense that we were AVERAGE on defense because of one skewed stat from a complete fluke and anomaly given EXTRAORDINARY circumstances like the GOAT at QB being replaced with a crappy rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

PS: On the flip side, during the first 15 games TT played QB, we were tied for 3rd in total TD's scored behind only ATL and NO. But please, keep telling everyone our bottom of the league defense was somehow not that bad and TT is the biggest problem. Also the 5th highest scoring season in Bills history. Also the highest 2 scoring years in a row under TT outside the first 3 SB years. And all done with a ridiculous amount of injuries to all our skill players on the offense.

PPS: This is why people like you MAJbobby can't be taken seriously on your posts. You literally make believe something like the defense being "average" just to keep slamming your anti TT agenda. Doesn't matter what you think about TT...love him or hate him...it doesn't change the fact the defense was literally and factually one of the worst in the NFL and had a fluke anomaly skew the year end average to make it look different than it REALLy was.

Edited by Alphadawg7

SO SICK OF THIS LIE. You all realize, this "16th in scoring defense" is total BS right? You want to know why we were "16th"? Because of ONE fluke shoutout with NO BRADY, NO JIMMY, and essentially NO GRONK facing a rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

Guess what...in the other 15 games without a BLATANT anomaly, our defense was 26th in the NFL is scoring allowed. So in 94% of our games, we were among the 6 worst teams on defense in the NFL, but you clinically obsessed people with hating on Taylor in any way you can, REFUSE to acknowledge how bad the def REALLY was. It was atrocious.

And considering Brady dropped 41 points on us a few weeks later when he wasn't suspended, had he played in week 4 they likely score enough to drop us to 28th in the NFL which would have made us a bottom 4 Defense last year.

AND NOBODY can PRETEND we still shut out the Pats with Brady. We probably give up 30 plus with even Jimmy playing. Again, still putting us in bottom 4.

So for christ sake, SHUTUP with this nonsense we were AVERAGE on defense because of one skewed stat from a complete fluke and anomaly given EXTRAORDINARY circumstances like the GOAT at QB being replaced with a crappy rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

Does this theoretical make them worse than the Raiders, Packers, Dolphins and Falcons D ?

Does this theoretical make them worse than the Raiders, Packers, Dolphins and Falcons D ?

Yes the only team lower than 26 was the Falcons at 27. However, if the Pats have Brady week 4 (or even Jimmy) and score 32 points or more, we would fall to 28th which would put us 2 spots below the Falcons who would then be at 26th. And considering Pats always put up 30+ on us and put up 41 on us a few weeks later, its pretty safe to say a Brady led Pats team hits at least 30 on us in week 4 given the overall atrocious play of the D.

So I would say it was safe to say we were worse than all 4 of those teams.

Outside the Pats fluke, we gave up an average of 25.2 its in the other 15 games. Atl gave 25.4 its per game.

Edited by Alphadawg7