Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

I love vinyl and im in some vinyl forums.  Today someone posted a hilarious thread.  “When you were young, what was your go to music when you were having sex?”(it was a little more blunt)  LOL

The year was 1993, I was a young buck.  This album got heavy airplay when I was with a lady.  In the vinyl thread, it was many others go to as well.  I need to find this on vinyl for nostalgia 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I love vinyl and im in some vinyl forums.  Today someone posted a hilarious thread.  “When you were young, what was your go to music when you were having sex?”(it was a little more blunt)  LOL

The year was 1993, I was a young buck.  This album got heavy airplay when I was with a lady.  In the vinyl thread, it was many others go to as well.  I need to find this on vinyl for nostalgia 

As a fellow Miami Hurricane fan I hate to do this to you..........but that was weird.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

The song from that album, "Sadeness," reminds me of junior year of college, playing pool with my apartment mates at Willard Straight Hall after dinner.  Ah, good times.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

The song from that album, "Sadeness," reminds me of junior year of college, playing pool with my apartment mates at Willard Straight Hall after dinner.  Ah, good times.

I love top comment- I feel the same- This album opens a portal between me now at 41 and me back when I was 19... life is fast guys..

And your post reminds me of another go to - Sade

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Pete said:

I want to run through your wicked garden cause im alive so alive now

u are into the musical 2bd thread lane mr Pete ...coming Strong in the paint and Slam Dunk is the best analogy I can think of. All these posts are revisited even if not enough time to preruse them all right now....STRONG posting ...our genres are just a decade or so off and I am learning a ton from your posts. I was in the mini van listening to classic rock and you were listening to radiohead LOL its awesome for real

muchas gracias sez  muppy

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, muppy said:

u are into the musical 2bd thread lane mr Pete ...coming Strong in the paint and Slam Dunk is the best analogy I can think of. All these posts are revisited even if not enough time to preruse them all right now....STRONG posting ...our genres are just a decade or so off and I am learning a ton from your posts. I was in the mini van listening to classic rock and you were listening to radiohead LOL its awesome for real

Thank you much Muppy.  You have excellent taste in music imo.  I was born Summer of Love, 1969-and imo I was born for best period of music in history.  I was weened on classic rock, r&b, disco, Motown.  Middle school I loved Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and craved heavier stuff, and new sounds.  1985 many say was best year in Punk history.  I saw so many punk, metal, and alternative shows my HS years.  I was a short train ride to NYC, and saw many a show there.  1983 my friend gave me a Dead show cassette- turned me on to Dead- I saw many Dead shows. The 80s mainstream radio sucked, but there was a thriving underground, where I lived.  I saw Metallica in front of 500 people in a bar.  I went to college 1988-  1988-1995 is best time in music history imo.  My buddy Chris had same music taste as me, and same thirst for new sounds.  I remember hearing Jane’s Addiction first time.  Tool, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Sublime, NIN, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins- I remember vividly hearing them all first time.  It was same feeling of awe and appreciation as when I was young kid hearing Zeppelin for first time. Then the internet came out.  Napster.  YouTube.  All those elusive albums I could hear.  And I learned all about great music 1920s and 30s.  I had a blues epiphany at Kingston Mines Chicago.  I love Jazz and Blues, and learned about the greats and obscure acts from many friends.  I learned about world music, Saharan blues, German techno, etc.  Now I’m old and 52- so just by attrition, I’ve learned so much great music.  And I still have that passion- always in search of great music past and present

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Muppy- heres my vinyl collection

https://www.discogs.com/user/Bukowskionreefer/collection

and if you click on that, you can see my want list too.  Thats the records Im looking for.  Many are rare, but Im always looking

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Muppy- heres my vinyl collection

https://www.discogs.com/user/Bukowskionreefer/collection

and if you click on that, you can see my want list too.  Thats the records Im looking for.  Many are rare, but Im always looking

whoa I'll send this to my son. He buys and sells vinyl and u just never know. sometimes the world works in mysterious ways... 🙂 thanks for the list. 

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

whoa I'll send this to my son. He buys and sells vinyl and u just never know. sometimes the world works in mysterious ways... 🙂 thanks for the list. 

Awesome thanks Muppy.  Send me his wishlist, and send him my wishlist.  Maybe we can trade some vinyl 

I have gift card for Newbury Comics- I’m going to buy some more vinyl.  I have a compulsive vinyl buying addiction lol.  I suppose there are worse addictions 

And yes Muppy, the universe provides.  Put it out there and it just might happen 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Awesome thanks Muppy.  Send me his wishlist, and send him my wishlist.  Maybe we can trade some vinyl 

I have gift card for Newbury Comics- I’m going to buy some more vinyl.  I have a compulsive vinyl buying addiction lol.  I suppose there are worse addictions 

And yes Muppy, the universe provides.  Put it out there and it just might happen 

record store day must put a dent in your credit card eh Pete.......one day a year massive sales on rare sets, limited issues  etc Im sure u know about this right? If not I'll text nate and get back to you with the date..I THINK its national......

his vinyl selling/ buying right now Im not sure...he's a working 9-5 stiff now LOL..fully employed with benefits YAY

Edited by muppy

On 1/14/2022 at 11:51 AM, muppy said:

record store day must put a dent in your credit card eh Pete.......one day a year massive sales on rare sets, limited issues  etc Im sure u know about this right? If not I'll text nate and get back to you with the date..I THINK its national......

his vinyl selling/ buying right now Im not sure...he's a working 9-5 stiff now LOL..fully employed with benefits YAY

I love RSD!  There are always many interesting releases and reissues, limited many.  Its like picking stocks.  You never know what will be hot.  12,000 Dee Jees- you cant find a copy under $200, and many pay a lot more.  The Police live shows are hot.  Dead Europe 72.  Little Feat is hot right now

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

my son once had tickets to see 9 Inch Nails here in san diego. Unfortunately the drummer suffered a heart attack midway of the show so they halted/canceled the concert and did come back to make it up a couple months later

Another cool story is my sons band was once signed to Sony/Columbia records. He was with a Columbia exec who invited Nate to a 9 Inch Nails show with backstage credentials from the label. He said it was a small group back there and Nate stood next to Trent Reznors wife. Now that's a lifetime memory I'm sure. This band has had san diego connections (musicians) in the past not sure if they do now.

San Diego's Ilan Rubin will be youngest Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee ever as member of Nine Inch Nails - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)

https://www.mtv.com/news/1510691/nine-inch-nails-postpone-show-due-to-drummers-heart-trouble/

Edited by muppy

I grew up listening to a lot of 'Dad music' in the midst of Stones/Beatles/Zeppelin. As a Dad now, I lmfao that my boys are more interested in rap - but can still appreciate 'Dad music' like Dio, Iron Maiden,.. 

Anyway, big thanks (and prayers up to my long gone father) to Austin Powers for two covers of Burt Bacharach:

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Thank you (+1) 1