NFL Willing to Work with Players on MJ for Pain Management

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with marijuana is it can stay in your system for weeks. Opiates stay in your system for a day or two. Alcohol even less. So you have no idea when a player uses marijuana and can't hold them responsible if they are using before games and practices.

But the high lasts for an hour or two.

Marijuana has many chemical components. Canabidol, or CBD, is where many of the medicinal benefits come from but you can't get a buzz from it.

The problem with marijuana is it can stay in your system for weeks. Opiates stay in your system for a day or two. Alcohol even less. So you have no idea when a player uses marijuana and can't hold them responsible if they are using before games and practices.

Who cares. Survival of the fittest will weed out the bums

We should give our running backs whatever Leveon Bell is smoking

You have no idea what the point is, do you? I'd think you'd be on the side of reason here, but even that escapes you.

How you going to know if they smoke it after or before games? You might, oh that guy had a bad game...not knowing he was smoking on the way to the stadium. That's what testing prevents. I look at it from a coaches standpoint

How does testing once per year prevent players smoking on their way to the stadium?

Players are not tested regularly unless they are already in the league's drug program (for failing a previous test). They could theoretically smoke on their way to the stadium right now, and since they won't have to take another drug test until next year, how would the coach know?

So again, it would be no different than it is now.

How does testing once per year prevent players smoking on their way to the stadium?

Players are not tested regularly unless they are already in the league's drug program (for failing a previous test). They could theoretically smoke on their way to the stadium right now, and since they won't have to take another drug test until next year, how would the coach know?

So again, it would be no different than it is now.

Reason is lost on him, I'm afraid.....

...why do NFL guys smoke it?

Are they that stressed out? Don't they want to be more upbeat and on edge as a player?

I haven't smoked it (more of a beer guy), but the effects of pot (from what others have said) is contrary to what NFL players should be looking for in terms of their approach to the game (relaxed vs detail oriented). Am I wrong?

Are they that stressed out? Don't they want to be more upbeat and on edge as a player?

I haven't smoked it (more of a beer guy), but the effects of pot (from what others have said) is contrary to what NFL players should be looking for in terms of their approach to the game (relaxed vs detail oriented). Am I wrong?

My assumption is that it's more of a post-game thing.

Ur whiter than mamas cornbread

Use your half-baked brain. Honest question. Marijuana slows your reaction time...why use it in an ultra-reactive sport?

My assumption is that it's more of a post-game thing.

So when you make $600,000 per game, you feel stressed out and need something to take the edge off? Got it.

It's NOT a game time thing. It's a chill late at night after a game thing. Anyone (not to mention him by name) suggesting it's going to work into practice or game time......is an idjit.

Who says it's not a game thing? Is there a "pot-a-lyzer" device that screens the players each game? I would wager 25% of players are high on game day.

Depends on the strain...

"Indica strains are known for being physically sedating, perfect for relaxing.

Sativas typically provide more invigorating, uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity"

www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/sativa-indica-and-hybrid-whats-the-difference-between-cannabis-ty

Hope I'm allowed to post this. If not my apologies.

Who says it's not a game thing? Is there a "pot-a-lyzer" device that screens the players each game? I would wager 25% of players are high on game day.

I will put my 401-K on that! Not on pot, no way. Any kind of upper, I'm not gambling. NFL players dont "chill" for kickoff more than lottery odds.

Depends on the strain...

Sativas typically provide more invigorating, uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity"

www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/sativa-indica-and-hybrid-whats-the-difference-between-cannabis-ty

That's helpful. Do you think guys who smoke the more invigorating brands have a "leg up" over guys that just drink Gatorade? (Think Randy Moss in "Rand U")

Speaking with some experience. Marijuana is excellent for managing pain. I don 't think that completely answers the OP's question but it should be considered. Also using it for pain does not mean you are high at work!

I will put my 401-K on that! Not on pot, no way. Any kind of upper, I'm not gambling. NFL players dont "chill" for kickoff more than lottery odds.

Once again - think of Randy Moss (30 for 30: Rand U) He was high during high school and college games. Why not the NFL?

Depends on the strain...

I learned about some of this on recent trip to Denver. Just went to look. I have no idea on any of this, but if you're not WACKO Lawrence Taylor, you focus on the task at hand. IMO

Once again - think of Randy Moss (30 for 30: Rand U) He was high during high school and college games. Why not the NFL?

I won't call it impossible by any means, but the odds go down as the stakes go up. It may happen, but I'm sure its rare. And the leagues policy is irrelevant.