Astro-Notes: 7-27-17 First Practice

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hour drive to TC. I appreciate all you do my friend!

Did anyone boo when Taylor and the other QBs came out?

seems like an odd question

I think we'll know a lot more about all of these guys once the don pads instead of shorts with no real contact.

when does that happen? Edited by fansince88

3 hour drive to TC. I appreciate all you do my friend!

seems like an odd question

when does that happen?

IIRC, it'll be this weekend.

The fans don't want Taylor, Yates or Peterman, though. They want Darnold or Allen.

Please! Fans don't show up at SJF practices thinking like that.

IIRC, it'll be this weekend.

Please! Fans don't show up at SJF practices thinking like that.

Apparently, you don't know this fanbase very well. All it takes is one bad practice/pre-season game from Taylor and the front page will be littered with 2018 mock drafts with scenarios on how to trade up to 1st overall to get a QB.

Did anyone boo when Taylor and the other QBs came out?

Why would they do that? If people are heading out to watch TC, they generally want to support their team. That would be counter-intuitive to those fine folks.

Apparently, you don't know this fanbase very well. All it takes is one bad practice/pre-season game from Taylor and the front page will be littered with 2018 mock drafts with scenarios on how to trade up to 1st overall to get a QB.

You might want to do some detective work determining who shoved the pickle up your keester this early in the season.

Message boards and twitter feeds sure, but fans who travel to SJF to watch a practice aren't going there to boo QBs. No sale!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Astro - great notes as always. Thanks for the detail. I wanted to share my observations about tonight's practice as well:

1. The pace of practice was much faster than any I remember in recent years. It seemed like everyone had a similar amount of reps by the end of the night. There was constant movement and no one walked from drill to drill. I was impressed by always having two groups going at once. By the end of the night - all of those defensive blue jersey's had turned a dark navy shade after all the sweat.

2. Best hands of the night award - Daikiel Shorts! He did not drop a ball thrown at him all night - including a very high sideline grab from Petermen. Also had the best catch of the night in my opinion over the middle on a rope thrown by Petermen (more on him below). Keep your eye on Shorts - if he consistently performs like tonight he might be the diamond in the rough.

3. Petermen had some good throws and many bad ones - he was inconsistent. his arm looks very average - but he did zip some 7-10 yards. Yates is solidly number 2 right now.

4. Some new drills this year - including the DB's running laterally in tandem while playing catch with tennis balls. Darby had difficulty at first with this drill. Power and Hyde were very good at it.

5. Keep your eye on Croom for backup TE - he had some nice looks.

6. Starting LB's - Humber (Sam) Brown (Mike) Alexander (Will) - Hodges and Ragland ran with the two's.

7. No punting - wanted to see the UDFA was bummed. Haushka has a nice leg - hit every kick attempted with ease.

8. White and Jones look to be very nice acquisitions.

Go Bills.

Astro - great notes as always. Thanks for the detail. I wanted to share my observations about tonight's practice as well:

1. The pace of practice was much faster than any I remember in recent years. It seemed like everyone had a similar amount of reps by the end of the night. There was constant movement and no one walked from drill to drill. I was impressed by always having two groups going at once. By the end of the night - all of those defensive blue jersey's had turned a dark navy shade after all the sweat.

2. Best hands of the night award - Daikiel Shorts! He did not drop a ball thrown at him all night - including a very high sideline grab from Petermen. Also had the best catch of the night in my opinion over the middle on a rope thrown by Petermen (more on him below). Keep your eye on Shorts - if he consistently performs like tonight he might be the diamond in the rough.

3. Petermen had some good throws and many bad ones - he was inconsistent. his arm looks very average - but he did zip some 7-10 yards. Yates is solidly number 2 right now.

4. Some new drills this year - including the DB's running laterally in tandem while playing catch with tennis balls. Darby had difficulty at first with this drill. Power and Hyde were very good at it.

6. Starting LB's - Humber (Sam) Brown (Mike) Alexander (Will) - Hodges and Ragland ran with the two's.

7. No punting - wanted to see the UDFA was bummed. Haushka has a nice leg - hit every kick attempted with ease.

Go Bills.

Thanks!

Go Bills.

great add!