The Tyrod Taylor Question

Id rather have Mike Glennon than TT. Would you like to make a friendly wager on who throws for more yards this season? TT is the "incumbent" starter and has the best WR option of the two, this should be an easy win for you. As long as both of them start week 1 injuries don't matter past that, just the final total of passing yards.

What do you want to wager? Also, I don't know what weird impression you have of Glennon, but his career numbers are lower than Tyrod in CMP%, YPA, YPG, QB Rating, and ANY/A.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not counting the time spent on the bench against them. Not at all.

In many ways sitting the bench for a while can be a huge advantage, as it was for Aaron Rodgers. I'm simply pointing out what history shows, that guys who don't show themselves a franchise guy by their sixth year in the league don't do so, with the exception of Loose Gannon. That's true of guys who sat the bench and those who didn't.

It's not impossible. And Tyrod's clearly a terrific guy, he's smart and he works himself to the bone. I hope it happens for him. I just think history shows very clearly that that's unlikely.

It was unlikely for Taylor to ever win the starting job in the first place. Incredibly unlikely. He did it. He played at a higher enough level that the new regime wanted a longer look, which in itself is impressive considering how often new coaches want new QBs.

Taylor has already broken the "rules" that you think matter. They don't. Time to crumple them up and throw them out the window.

And I'm not sure who you're talking about who has 47 TDs, but it can't be Tyrod. He has 37 TDs.

Damn. Made me look it up just to be sure. Yes : Forty-Seven Touchdowns

Why in the world would he think he could wish-away the other 10?

Glennon gets benched week 9, Tyrod week 11

Tough bet.

Tough bet for a guy spending months discussing TT and how he is better than anyone knows, but can't be confident enough to put up bigger numbers than a TRANSPLANT placeholder in Mike Glennon? Don't seem that tough to me.

Yes. My point is that Orton didn't do anything Tyrod doesn't, but Tyrod does provide things Orton doesn't. In 2014 the D allowed 24+ only 3 times, and the team went 9-4 when they held opponents under 24. In 2015 Opponents scored 24+ 6 times, in 2016 it was 8 times. Since 2015 we're 15-3 when our opponents are held under 24.

8 times we gave up more than 24 points?! if anything all this tells me is our defense has crashed embarrassingly hard from 2014-2016. We had an easy schedule in 2016 too!

Edited by dneveu

I want transplant not anyone else. Just naming rights on each others account for the rest of our existence.

Nothing inappropriate. I know who Glennon is and isn't, he isn't a stud but he will be trailing and throwing often.

You want to bet that Taylor gets more total yards than Glennon?

Tough bet for a guy spending months discussing TT and how he is better than anyone knows, but can't be confident enough to put up bigger numbers than a TRANSPLANT placeholder in Mike Glennon? Don't seem that tough to me.

You seem angry...

You want to bet that Taylor gets more total yards than Glennon?

You seem angry...

Yep I do. Naming rights. I'm not angry at all. It will be a fun bet and something to watch season long. You are clearly confident of TT and I have always had a man crush on MG.

Yep I do. Naming rights. I'm not angry at all. It will be a fun bet and something to watch season long. You are clearly confident of TT and I have always had a man crush on MG.

i'd bet tyrod has more total yards than glennon all day long.

well there, its out in the open. :wub:

I am ready to hold the bets.

All in good fun of course

Edited by 3rdand12

i'd bet tyrod has more total yards than glennon all day long.

I said passing yards and I asked Transplant, he has been on the Taylor threads more than anyone else I'm providing him a chance to show us all how confident he is or isn't.

I'll take the passing yards bet. But glennon isn't playing the full year. He's not a good qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said passing yards and I asked Transplant, he has been on the Taylor threads more than anyone else I'm providing him a chance to show us all how confident he is or isn't.

Oh, passing yards. I don't really feel like making that bet. You confuse me with someone who believes that Taylor is going to be some kind of elite or Hall of Fame QB. I don't really know what he's going to be. I just think he's done enough to earn another year.

I could see Glennon getting more passing yards because of his team being behind constantly and an offense of system that has been passed ball a lot. That doesn't mean much, to me.

If you're one of those people who measures the success of a passing offense solely by raw yardage I'm not with you in any way.

I am curious, though, why are you afraid to bet that Taylor has more total yards then Glennon has?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm not doing naming rights.

Come up with something else.

But again you're saying total yards? Passing and rushing?

I said passing yards, someone else mentioned total yards. I'm open to anything, I thought naming rights would be some innocent fun. If you come up with something just PM me and let me know.

I said passing yards, someone else mentioned total yards. I'm open to anything, I thought naming rights would be some innocent fun. If you come up with something just PM me and let me know.

We can do a fun bet on total yards if you want. But again, I'm not doing naming rights. You were the one who wanted to do this bet, so come up with other terms.

Oh, passing yards. I don't really feel like making that bet. You confuse me with someone who believes that Taylor is going to be some kind of elite or Hall of Fame QB. I don't really know what he's going to be. I just think he's done enough to earn another year.

I could see Glennon getting more passing yards because of his team being behind constantly and an offense of system that has been passed ball a lot. That doesn't mean much, to me.

If you're one of those people who measures the success of a passing offense solely by raw yardage I'm not with you in any way.

I am curious, though, why are you afraid to bet that Taylor has more total yards then Glennon has?

Afraid? I'm not afraid? These threads are going 570 something replies deep about how TT is at playing quarterback, you are one of the main contributors that keep these threads going so I wanted to see how good of a quarterback you thought he was?

Are you afraid to bet against a quarterback that has thrown 11 passes in the past two seasons and has a 1st round QB pressing down his elongated neck?