The Tyrod Taylor Question

15-14. Not terrible.Not great.And he missed some games.

The defense did not produce enough turnovers. Only 18. I've said before, stat wise, Oakland's defense was worse, but they got 30 turnovers.

Not only that the way opposing RB's ran up the yardage against the Bills D demoralizes the whole football team in my humble opinion.

The whole idea was to win the battle of field position...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, are you saying that teams regularly stacked 8 in the box to prevent the Bills' from running the ball last year? I'm not aware of any stats that would support that and if defenses did stack the box more than usual against the Bills, then the strategy clearly did not work.

it worked just fine, sure our running game was #1, did it equate to wins? nice to be great running team when u have a lead, didnt happen often last year. when youre down points late in the game and have to throw, are u counting on Tyrod to bring home that win? when defenses shut down our running game last season, and they did quite a bit, regardless of the numbers, we were screwed. anybody that watched the games could see it. balance is needed.

and no, defenses didnt stack the box all the time, they didnt need to. but when they did, bye bye running game.

but this all comes back to our poor defense, if only they had turned the ball over more, or scored more, or etc etc. our d didnt make Tyrod fail in the passing game at key moments every game.

15-14. Not terrible.Not great.And he missed some games.

The defense did not produce enough turnovers. Only 18. I've said before, stat wise, Oakland's defense was worse, but they got 30 turnovers.

...so favoring the stats, are you satisfied with the results?.....if so, why?...if not, why not?.....

it worked just fine, sure our running game was #1, did it equate to wins? nice to be great running team when u have a lead, didnt happen often last year. when youre down points late in the game and have to throw, are u counting on Tyrod to bring home that win? when defenses shut down our running game last season, and they did quite a bit, regardless of the numbers, we were screwed. anybody that watched the games could see it. balance is needed.

and no, defenses didnt stack the box all the time, they didnt need to. but when they did, bye bye running game.

but this all comes back to our poor defense, if only they had turned the ball over more, or scored more, or etc etc. our d didnt make Tyrod fail in the passing game at key moments every game.

I'm not sure how to respond...you are all over the map.

The defense was the reason the Bills missed the playoffs in 2016. That and poor game day coaching. If the defense had done it's job in the Miami games, the Bills would have been the WC, not Miami.

...so favoring the stats, are you satisfied with the results?.....if so, why?...if not, why not?.....

The stats show that if TT has a healthy offense with all his weapons, he does quite well. I do not think he was the main problem as to why the Bills missed the playoffs.

I'm not sure how to respond...you are all over the map.

...IF the defense was at pre-Wrecks dismantling debacle levels, the overall results may have been different....may is the KEY word and we'll never know.....BUT....if McD and Fraser return the D to pre-Wrecks levels, things could get interesting IMO...so... stay tuned...........

If people were expecting a gunslinger QB in TT, then they were wrong. He was brought in to manage a strong running game, limit turnovers, and have a very good defense behind him. Ryan let him down with the defensive play more often than not.

If people were expecting a gunslinger QB in TT, then they were wrong. He was brought in to manage a strong running game, limit turnovers, and have a very good defense behind him. Ryan let him down with the defensive play more often than not.

How many game manager QBs have won Super Bowls without a Hall of Fame caliber defense? How many run first QBs have won one? of course people werent expecting Tyrod to be a gunslinger. Kinda why half of Bills nation wants him gone, yesterday. The goal is to win it all, not be happy we made the playoffs. You honestly think Tyrod can take you to the promised land?

.....the Wrecks experiment is a given......a child in a chemistry lab that goes boom.....gunslinger is another scary adjective as is "franchise QB".....if interested, go back and re-read the 2004 pre-draft pundits comments...Losman was tabbed as the "heir apparent gunslinger to Favre" going to the Pack at I believe #23 until Bills jumped them at #22......maybe his arm said Gunslinger as did Jeff George's, but where does it exactly lead other than sounding good?...........

Certainly not 20th. That's just ludicrous. It's ludicrous in the same way it would be if you were to say that Taylor was a top three quarterback in 2015. By whatever measurements or metrics or I tests you want to use, you could put Taylor anywhere from 7 to 15 reasonably, I think.

I don't think we're gonna agree on anything, my friend.

Sounds exactly like a bridge QB to me. If that's how you see him then let's all get on board the 2018 QB class and stop arguing over this guy.

I don't think we're gonna agree on anything, my friend.

I wonder if transplant thinks Kaepernick is also rated that high. His stats are pretty similar with also a similar skill set. Who were his receivers last year in SF?

Sounds exactly like a bridge QB to me. If that's how you see him then let's all get on board the 2018 QB class and stop arguing over this guy.

...how is he termed a "bridge" right now?..and he's bridging to WHAT??....do you know what he may do under Dennison's tutelage in 2017?.....and a bridge to the 2018 class which is a "slam dunk given" of superstars?......maybe seeing how TT plays out in the NFL for 2017 as well as the collegiate "alleged shining stars" is the better course of action.....unless your crystal bawls tell us otherwise....

...how is he termed a "bridge" right now?..and he's bridging to WHAT??....do you know what he may do under Dennison's tutelage in 2017?.....and a bridge to the 2018 class which is a "slam dunk given" of superstars?......maybe seeing how TT plays out in the NFL for 2017 as well as the collegiate "alleged shining stars" is the better course of action.....unless your crystal bawls tell us otherwise....

He's been called a bridge QB for a while now. He has a body of work large enough to get a feel for who he is as a QB. Do you think OBD is just ignoring that? Clearly they aren't confident in his ability given his new contract. He's serviceable for the time being and I would imagine McD and BB won't hesitate to find a replacement if we get more of the same from him this year.

He's been called a bridge QB for a while now. He has a body of work large enough to get a feel for who he is as a QB. Do you think OBD is just ignoring that? Clearly they aren't confident in his ability given his new contract. He's serviceable for the time being and I would imagine McD and BB won't hesitate to find a replacement if we get more of the same from him this year.

I think most Bills fans , the Bills HC and the rest of the organization are keeping an open mind despite the need for a small handful that want to stamp a label on Tyrod Taylors ceiling, future accomplishments and length tenure playing for the franchise.( IMO )

When you call Taylor bridge it doesn't sound like playoffs because If we do I don't see T T going anywhere soon.

The scouts tried to label Taylor coming out of college, hows that working out so far,

With all due respect Bang

Edited by Figster

How many game manager QBs have won Super Bowls without a Hall of Fame caliber defense? How many run first QBs have won one? of course people werent expecting Tyrod to be a gunslinger. Kinda why half of Bills nation wants him gone, yesterday. The goal is to win it all, not be happy we made the playoffs. You honestly think Tyrod can take you to the promised land?

Peyton did. just by game management

So, you really just don't want to address the point?

I'm really interested and legitimate discussion here. You were the one that told me 50 guys met the criteria that I sent forth. You said that. And that's the criteria that you're now saying you don't care about? If you really just don't want to discuss because you're incapable of ever being wrong and admitting it, that's fine. I was legitimately intrigued and kind of hoping you could actually find 10 guys out of your list of 50 Who met the criteria that I gave you and you said at least 50 guys easily made it.

Some real communication issues here. I certainly can't say I'm guilt free, but it's hard to talk to someone seriously about an issue when they're on the other side of the road searching for keys under the streetlight while you're sitting in their running car because they told you to go unlock and start the car while you paid the bill.

Such a shame...

You sound like a broken record.

Let's just trust in the Coaching staff then. They signed him. again. for good deal.

Fat lady aint sang yet Bang. She is in the wings though.