Dog Rescue

Dante

that really is amazing. i grew up with goldens, and they are the absolute best. it's tough to find a more loving, loyal dog.

I am currently on my 6th Golden. Can't imagine a better breed! (Shedding being the only downside...)

Golden #5 we had in an area with a lot of deer. The deer would actually taunt my dog to chase them in play! Stomping and dragging their front hoof saying "come get me!" My dog knew the invisible fence would take all the fun out of that, plus, she seemed to be aware of her significant size disadvantage.

My dog was walking with my wife on a cold, wet November post-Thanksgiving day.

He was a very intelligent dog professionally trained from birth to be companion to a baby and shortly after birth of baby dog was homeless after after a divorce (she got house and he had no place for dog in apartment).

He found something in woods close to walking path and despite my wife's tugging of leash (he normally did not require a tug, just a word) he pulled my wife to investigate.

He found a ill cockatiel and knew the bird did not belong and would not survive.

My wife took it home and nursed bird back to health. Bird and dog got along fine and bird would land on dogs back like an aircraft carrier and he would just carry bird around house as lonf as he wanted to go with him.

He died from cancer; first operation was not successful in getting it all out.

Dogs are such great companions but they live too short lives.

Yeah...he "saved" it...

... for lunch? :lol:

I was thinking that too, at first, but then I could tell he was in rescue mode. If he wanted to kill it. he would have done it right at the shoreline.

Thanks for posting, Dante. Goldens and labs are the best.

I am currently on my 6th Golden. Can't imagine a better breed! (Shedding being the only downside...)

Golden #5 we had in an area with a lot of deer. The deer would actually taunt my dog to chase them in play! Stomping and dragging their front hoof saying "come get me!" My dog knew the invisible fence would take all the fun out of that, plus, she seemed to be aware of her significant size disadvantage.

Me too! 2 were raised from pups, then the next 4 were all rescues. Found #6 at the SPCA almost 9 years ago. They told me he was 1 at that time. Getting very gray in the face but still gets around pretty well. Can't walk him too much this time of year but when the weather cools down, he will be back on his walks. He's been the best so far!

I've got a 5 year old pit I found on the street. Somebody beat the hell out of him. Hes my ten month olds best friend. The dog would literally follow me to death if i lead him. So loyal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 5 year old pit I found on the street. Somebody beat the hell out of him. Hes my ten month olds best friend. The dog would literally follow me to death if i lead him. So loyal

Please don't take this wrong.... I love dogs, and I LOVE children, but Pits and children concern me. "Loyal" can go odd ways. I know that can't be seen as a positive post, but......

Please don't take this wrong.... I love dogs, and I LOVE children, but Pits and children concern me. "Loyal" can go odd ways. I know that can't be seen as a positive post, but......

Please don't take this wrong.... This is exactly why the breed gets a bad rap. Stereotyping breeds because of misinformation. There are no bad dogs, only bad people.

Edited by 145B4IDIE

I have a pit/boxer mix...the nicest, gentlest dog we have ever owned. Next sweetest was a bit/lab mix.

When he goes up to other dogs and they get cranky, he just turns his head away as he has no clue what to do...to even growl back or show any aggression just does not equate in his pea brain..

Would trust those two with kids more than any other dogs we have ever had

Edited by plenzmd1

the shedding is a mess. i actually have a yellow lab, and i swear he sheds worse than our goldens did. it's still worth it though.

that's a great story with the deer. we have tons of deer in our yard on a weekly basis, but our dog, (who we kicknamed the turd) just casually stares at them, and wanders away to do dog stuff. i'm just worried about the ticks this year.

My yorkie used to attack my pit and actually bit small children on several occasions.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it tear their arm off? That is the difference. Any breed is capable of biting. Only a few are capable of killing. I never understand why pit bull defenders don't understand this very logical concern. I have met plenty of lovely pits, but I still will never own one. My super duper sweet rotweiller reinforced my opinion when he bit a neighbor kid and I got a major bill because of it. (Rotweiller is no longer with us). My sheltie could be the most vicious dog on the planet (she is not) but the chance of her maiming or killing someone is nil.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

My yorkie used to attack my pit and actually bit small children on several occasions.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it tear their arm off? That is the difference. Any breed is capable of biting. Only a few are capable of killing. I never understand why pit bull defenders don't understand this very logical concern. I have met plenty of lovely pits, but I still will never own one. My super duper sweet rotweiller reinforced my opinion when he bit a neighbor kid and I got a major bill because of it. (Rotweiller is no longer with us). My sheltie could be the most vicious dog on the planet (she is not) but the chance of her maiming or killing someone is nil.

I have tried to provoke my pit over the years. Putting on masks and sneaking into the yard, scaring him, rough playing etc. I have the vet bills from him being attacked by a lab at the park(I will never own a lab as I've had a few bad experiences with them) and he didn't try to fight back just took the attack. Most dogs can attack. I get it. When a pit bites you it's gonna take your hand off or worse. If I thought my pit would hurt someone I wouldn't have him.

Did it tear their arm off? That is the difference. Any breed is capable of biting. Only a few are capable of killing. I never understand why pit bull defenders don't understand this very logical concern. I have met plenty of lovely pits, but I still will never own one.

Pits are awesome. .0000001% causing a ruckus isn't that scary.

I have tried to provoke my pit over the years. Putting on masks and sneaking into the yard, scaring him, rough playing etc. I have the vet bills from him being attacked by a lab at the park(I will never own a lab as I've had a few bad experiences with them) and he didn't try to fight back just took the attack. Most dogs can attack. I get it. When a pit bites you it's gonna take your hand off or worse. If I thought my pit would hurt someone I wouldn't have him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you provoke your dog, and, because it hasn't hurt anyone yet, she/he Is an angel? Got it.

You are an idiot..and the biggest part of the problem. Pit owners buy them because they are tough (a generalization, I know). They are generally sweet dogs. They are also capable of very bad things. I have this argument with my dad all the time. His favorite dog ever was a female white pit. She was the biggest spaz I've ever seen. She never hurt anyone except to bull over todlers in the living room.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

So, you provoke your dog, and, because it hasn't hurt anyone yet, she/he Is an angel? Got it.

You are an idiot..and the biggest part of the problem. Pit owners buy them because they are tough (a generalization, I know). They are generally sweet dogs. They are also capable of very bad things. I have this argument with my dad all the time. His favorite dog ever was a female white pit. She was the biggest spaz I've ever seen. She never hurt anyone except to bull over todlers in the living room.

What is your problem ? Hold the advice, no one cares.

You couldn't control your dog now you're lashing out at others ?

Get a grip.

What is your problem ? Hold the advice, no one cares.

You couldn't control your dog now you're lashing out at others ?

Get a grip.

Not lashing out...responding to other posts. I don't dig pits, and I gave a completely civil reason why. You get a grip fella.

I love dogs. I trust some much less than others.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE