Another reason to like Peyton Manning...

eball

i'm more on the side of liking manning, but i just don't get the dislike for him. a tea bagging incident? is it amazingly d-bagish? of course, but people move on. hell...let's not forget that brady completely took off on his pregnant girlfriend when he felt he found someone better. one doesn't make the other more right or wrong, but manning strikes me as much more likable.

i'm more on the side of liking manning, but i just don't get the dislike for him. a tea bagging incident? is it amazingly d-bagish? of course, but people move on. hell...let's not forget that brady completely took off on his pregnant girlfriend when he felt he found someone better. one doesn't make the other more right or wrong, but manning strikes me as much more likable.

This is what I am talking about..... Bills fans like Manning because he isn't Brady.

i think it plays a role. i certainly rooted for manning over brady any chance i could get.

I'm not saying you are wrong.... I think it is human.... as I said I really dislike Rafael Nadal for no other reason than he was Federer's rival. It's the same principle. But I think for a lot of Bills fans it means they are predisposed to think Peyton Manning is this loveable, angelic type figure rather than the flawed individual that he is.

I'm not saying you are wrong.... I think it is human.... as I said I really dislike Rafael Nadal for no other reason than he was Federer's rival. It's the same principle. But I think for a lot of Bills fans it means they are predisposed to think Peyton Manning is this loveable, angelic type figure rather than the flawed individual that he is.

I just think he's funny in commercials. In the same way that I think Belichick is hilarious in pressers.

That's interesting. One of the reasons I like Nadal is he stood up to Djokovic when he was young and saying Roger was just a guy. Nadal pointed out "he's got 12 majors (I think at that point), and you ain't got Jack S%$!t".

Basically Bills fans tend to like Peyton because they hate Brady. It's like I really dislike Rafa Nadal because I love Roger Federer. I don't really have any reason to dislike Nadal but he is a rival of a player I am an unashamed super-fan of (and was even before his first Slam win by the way... goes back to him beating Sampras at Wimbledon in 2001). Bills fans have a passionate dislike for Tom Brady so they like Peyton because he is the rival. Objectively I have never found Peyton that likeable.

Tennis? are we talking about tennis now?

wrong crowd.

Edited by cba fan

Imagine being so petty that a single incident at 20 years old overrides anything he does well into his 40s.

...and it did NOT count in his completion percentage, right?....just askin'....Jesus we farm up old manure with NO limitation as to how far back.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy