Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

I am making an assumption but my assumption hasn't been confirmed or denied. Who did you support in that battle?

Maybe this is a better way to say it, if you gave 32 GMs the choice 32 would take Cam. There is no debate at that point.

False. Billy Beane chose Tyrod over Cam. ;)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't confirm it. Everyone picked their guy leading up to the season. My assumption is that you picked EJ. You can keep saying nothing and hope that I stop asking or someone else will say. You do realize though, if my assumption is correct it further confirms my initial point?

Kirby, FTR your assumption would be wrong.

I keep saying nothing? Let me say this - It was either TT or Meh as the starter as EJ was the odd man out in the new regime. I said I didn't like the signing of retreads ergo TT was the better of the two. I rooted for the better guy.

Now, I will say nothing more because it is apparent that the "answer" you want is not one that I ShadyBillsFan have posted.

Are people really still arguing about EJ?

I'm trying not to .....

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Kirby, FTR your assumption would be wrong.

I keep saying nothing? Let me say this - It was either TT or Meh as the starter as EJ was the odd man out in the new regime. I said I didn't like the signing of retreads ergo TT was the better of the two. I rooted for the better guy.

Now, I will say nothing more because it is apparent that the "answer" you want is not one that I ShadyBillsFan have posted.

I'm trying not to .....

I really don't care who you supported. You being a TT guy flies in the face of my working theory. Back to the lab for me to figure out the genesis of the hate.

I didn't like Rob Johnson either and do support all Bills QBs. My point was that you wanted EJ to win the QB competition. I can tell by your posts. That's the point I'm making. It's human nature to want to be right. The people that wanted EJ to win the competition are harder on TT than anyone else. That scorned feeling absolutely plays a role. The better he is the more wrong they are. If you say "he sucks" you are closer to being right than saying "he's decent." At this point we don't need to count on feelings or emotions to judge him. There is a ton of evidence supporting him as an okay starter and none supporting him as terrible.

Absolutely,

we have half the nation on a witch hunt to prove it.

I think a lot of people in 2015 were not on one horse or the other... so much as they were ABCs..... I certainly was. I didn't mind whether it was EJ or Tyrod (though I thought at the start Tyrod was a long shot) I just didn't want it to be Cassel.

I think a lot of people in 2015 were not on one horse or the other... so much as they were ABCs..... I certainly was. I didn't mind whether it was EJ or Tyrod (though I thought at the start Tyrod was a long shot) I just didn't want it to be Cassel.

I don't remember too many people playing Switzerland. Some had stronger feelings than others but most everyone (at least on this side of the pond) had a favorite. :) Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't remember too many people playing Switzerland. Some had stringer feelings than others but most everyone (at least on this side of the pond) had a favorite. :)

I would say EJ was my favourite until I saw Tyrod play and then I really did not care so long as it wasn't Cassel and I might have had a major rant / meltdown when Coller on WGR made his infamous "tea leaves" proclamation that it would be Cassel on WGR the night after the 3rd pre-season game. The argument for Cassel never made any sense in my mind.

I really don't care who you supported. You being a TT guy flies in the face of my working theory. Back to the lab for me to figure out the genesis of the hate.

You want hate?

If I hated TT I'd be as bad as Crusher and or JeffsMagic.

If I hated TT I'd say he can't read a defense

If I hated TT I'd say he can't lead an offense

If I hated TT I'd say if it wasn't for Shady we'd be 0-16

If I hated TT I'd say Tebow is a better QB

If I hated TT I'd say EJ should be the starter

If I hated TT I'd say he can't run an effective 2 minute drill

well actually I'm on the fence on the last

Why is it hate to say

Taylor needs to improve in the passing game?

We can't always blame the defense?

You want hate?

If I hated TT I'd be as bad as Crusher and or JeffsMagic.

If I hated TT I'd say he can't read a defense

If I hated TT I'd say he can't lead an offense

If I hated TT I'd say if it wasn't for Shady we'd be 0-16

If I hated TT I'd say Tebow is a better QB

If I hated TT I'd say EJ should be the starter

If I hated TT I'd say he can't run an effective 2 minute drill

well actually I'm on the fence on the last

Why is it hate to say

Taylor needs to improve in the passing game?

We can't always blame the defense?

I was testing out my theory on you. It's kind of like my theory that I can identify a Canadian in 10 words or less. I have an incredibly high batting average on that. I watch a lot of Criminal Minds so I was testing my profiling skills. You profile like a lot of the bleeding-heart EJ supporters from around here.

I was testing out my theory on you. It's kind of like my theory that I can identify a Canadian in 10 words or less. I have an incredibly high batting average on that. I watch a lot of Criminal Minds so I was testing my profiling skills. You profile like a lot of the bleeding-heart EJ supporters from around here.

It sucks he didn't work out. The same way it sucks all the others didn't work out.

If it makes you feel better I'll say he wasn't the answer but imo he wasn't a guaranteed loss either.

Oh, I know why...

it was because I chose his worst game in London and blamed the defense on the loss because the Bills had the lead in the 4th. It has been slow these last few weeks at work and I was looking to be entertained.

sorry I troll sometimes

It sucks he didn't work out. The same way it sucks all the others didn't work out.

If it makes you feel better I'll say he wasn't the answer but imo he wasn't a guaranteed loss either.

Oh, I know why...

it was because I chose his worst game in London and blamed the defense on the loss because the Bills had the lead in the 4th. It has been slow these last few weeks at work and I was looking to be entertained.

sorry I troll sometimes

We all troll some and have our opinions on what it will take to bring the Bills back. I thought that they had a real shot the last couple of years but I'm less optimistic heading into this season. The roster isn't as good IMO (specifically the depth). IF Rex was as bad as I believe that he was they can still produce better results. I just think that it will be a bit of a wash and we are probably looking at a team right around .500 again. I'm struggling a little with that because I don't see it as a team around .500 on the way up. The majority of the Bills best players are already in their primes (and nearing the end of them). I'd feel better if these guys were on the rise. The only core players that you could argue will be on the rise are Glenn, Tyrod, Sammy, Shaq, Ragland and the DBs. Shady, Kyle, Incognito, and Hughes are 4 of our top 10 players (and maybe the 3 best players). At any moment those guys could go from great players to done.

I'm in the camp of

Rex less = 2 additional wins - even if TT has the same exact stats as 2016.

Lets go Ginger Hammer (McD)

I know JeffsMagic is in the penalty box. did Crusher join him there?

That's kind of what I'm hoping and thinking. Rex was 2 games to me. The my will need some guys to step up (Ragland, corners and Shaq), some guys to return to their "pre-Rex" form (Dareus, Hughes) and some guys to stay healthier than they've been (Clay, Watkins). It's asking a lot but sooner or later the luck will start to set in.

We all troll some and have our opinions on what it will take to bring the Bills back. I thought that they had a real shot the last couple of years but I'm less optimistic heading into this season. The roster isn't as good IMO (specifically the depth). IF Rex was as bad as I believe that he was they can still produce better results. I just think that it will be a bit of a wash and we are probably looking at a team right around .500 again. I'm struggling a little with that because I don't see it as a team around .500 on the way up. The majority of the Bills best players are already in their primes (and nearing the end of them). I'd feel better if these guys were on the rise. The only core players that you could argue will be on the rise are Glenn, Tyrod, Sammy, Shaq, Ragland and the DBs. Shady, Kyle, Incognito, and Hughes are 4 of our top 10 players (and maybe the 3 best players). At any moment those guys could go from great players to done.

true that Kirby,

So much of it begins with good drafts and FA acquisitions so the systems you operate out of have the right players to succeed and why lack of continuity throws a monkey wrench in everything.

In my opinion we have finally found the right (joined at the hip) HC/GM combination that can get the job done.

I'm a Billiever...

I also have questions about Tyrod's "fit" in this offense. I think a lot of people have presumed he is a great fit because of the way Dennison moves the pocket and rolls his QB out... but there is a lot in this offense that is about timing and footwork that flows back through Kubiak to Shanahan adopting much of Bill Walsh's 49ers offense when he was Seifert's OC and they are areas where it is fair to question whether Tyrod has demonstrated the necessary level of capability on tape. If he can master those facets he will be well on his way to being a very successful Quarterback.

You do. :D

Agreed. Specifically those are my big concerns too. Taylor has struggled with timing and accuracy on anticipation throws over the middle and quick timing routes. I really like that he's being pushed in this regard because QBs must be able to make those kinds of throws to be successful in this league. He will either step up or the Bills will move on after this season. Edited by BarleyNY

Guest NeckBeard

true that Kirby,

So much of it begins with good drafts and FA acquisitions so the systems you operate out of have the right players to succeed and why lack of continuity throws a monkey wrench in everything.

In my opinion we have finally found the right (joined at the hip) HC/GM combination that can get the job done.

I'm a Billiever...

Even if this pairing of HC/GM are not the right exact fit, I really like this model, and I hope that even if it goes awry the team will continue to embrace it.