What's your favorite cheese and cracker combination?

A buddy of mine YEARS ago introduced me to a snack we would always eat camping, tailgating, just hangin, etc. Can't remember what we called it then but it consisted of a cracker (Triscuit) slice of something like pepper jack, a slice/wedge of hearty onion of sorts(leek) and a dolop of a nice horseradish mustard. Mmmmmmmm

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is middle eastern and breakfast at her parents was different: tomato wedges, pita bread, labne (plain yogurt more or less), hard boiled eggs, and GOUDA cheese. I became a fan way back when....

Do you stay up late at night coming up with these questions? You are an interesting case study! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah....Cacio Bufala on La Panzanella Black Pepper Mini Croccantini :lol:

TEEB.

I personally like English Cheddar (minimum 6 mos.) on wheat thins.

A buddy of mine YEARS ago introduced me to a snack we would always eat camping, tailgating, just hangin, etc. Can't remember what we called it then but it consisted of a cracker (Triscuit) slice of something like pepper jack, a slice/wedge of hearty onion of sorts(leek) and a dolop of a nice horseradish mustard. Mmmmmmmm

This sounds great.

That looks mostly like beer mugs to me..... :)

Is that not the idea though? From my newly acquired knowledge of McSorley's I hear people don't go there to eat! Anyone confirm?

Sounds like my kind of place though. Give the Irish a run for their drinkin' money!

I'm on other side of state saddly.

McSorley's is awesome. They sell beer only in pairs, you either order dark or light. Very cool place. You want a cheese plate, you get a sleeve of saltines and some cheddar slices.

Is that not the idea though? From my newly acquired knowledge of McSorley's I hear people don't go there to eat! Anyone confirm?

Sounds like my kind of place though. Give the Irish a run for their drinkin' money!

I'm on other side of state saddly.

McSorley's is awesome. They sell beer only in pairs, you either order dark or light. Very cool place. You want a cheese plate, you get a sleeve of saltines and some cheddar slices.

Oh, schit!! This is in NY? My son and I are headed down for a few nights at the end of the month. Cool to bring him (14) here for lunch?

it's in the village, should be ok to bring a 14 year old. I think my son was around that age last time we were there

Oh, schit!! This is in NY? My son and I are headed down for a few nights at the end of the month. Cool to bring him (14) here for lunch?

it's in the village, should be ok to bring a 14 year old. I think my son was around that age last time we were there

It's 2.5 miles from our hotel, headed uptown. Nice walk to earn a couple beers. THANK YOU for posting about this.

Look at this !@#$ing food ... http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2011/03/bar-eats-mcsorleys-old-ale-house-east-village-nyc-review.html