Lesean doing Yoga

I can lay on the mat in heat, sweat, and occasionally roll over. Then build up...I'm actually a big believer, but non-practitioner.

laying upon the mat is the first step.

I am not much past that.

Great for naps

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laying upon the mat is the first step.

I am not much past that.

Great for naps

I do HAVE a mat, so maybe that's the first step? Do you know where I put it? Maybe I should ask DC Tom?

I do HAVE a mat, so maybe that's the first step? Do you know where I put it? Maybe I should ask DC Tom?

HA ! Well done My friend. I am sure Tom has some alternative suggestions.

I do believe more athletes have found Yoga and such things as Martial arts disciplines, have helped their game and their overall health plus mind set. Those things are connected

augie? First step is to take it out of the closet and unroll it !

I believe in you Brother !

My physical trainer son to trains pro athletes says Yoga is really good because it works muscules you cannot get to effectively in a weight room without stressing them......

Yoga is really theraputic (sp) at the same time......and athletes need "down time" where they are not stressing their bodies year round

oh......

and the chicks dig it

I do like basic to some moderate level yoga once in a while. Man, yoga works out those muscles you didn't know you had!

the middle and advanced stuff is really hard. You need to be super strong and flexible at the same time. Advanced yogis are athletes man.

there are much harder workouts than a yoga workout.

an iowa wrestling red flag workout is the hardest i know of.

It's "hard" in a different way. In Lesean's case, "hard" means its challenging his body, and for a pro athlete like him, it's great. It's going to give him more flexibility, and strengthens muscles that help with stability and change of direction.

ther eis only one kind of yoga. the girls who wear yoga pants. i wonder fi mccoy wears them

:rolleyes:

I do like basic to some moderate level yoga once in a while. Man, yoga works out those muscles you didn't know you had!

the middle and advanced stuff is really hard. You need to be super strong and flexible at the same time. Advanced yogis are athletes man.

It's "hard" in a different way. In Lesean's case, "hard" means its challenging his body, and for a pro athlete like him, it's great. It's going to give him more flexibility, and strengthens muscles that help with stability and change of direction.

yep, balance and stability are certainly improved.

We have a few cool yoga places here - one is a Brewery that has Brewga on Sundays (yoga + beer). There is also Goat Yoga at this farm where there are goats wandering around. Then we have yoga with bison at this metro park that has six bison who live there. There is also stand up paddle board yoga at Alum Creek.

Yoga hurts my back even though supposed to be great for people with back issues

That's the difference between yoga in theory, and yoga in practice. (Cue Allen Iverson replay...)

There are so many (or one) men who assured all of us since we are such simps that McCoy would be on radio by now.

I hate (or love) to point out when my fellow opinionators are wrong but chances are it's best to not say anything and have ppl assume you are an idiot than to boldly proclaim something, be wrong AGAIN, and remove all doubt.

Yoga hurts my back even though supposed to be great for people with back issues

That means you are either not telling your instructor that it hurts or he/she isn't a good instructor.

try doing it with a good teacher. whatever move hurts, don't do it - all of them will tell you that. And start with a very basic class, with simple moves.