Negativity v Reality

We have to hope that Sammy and Marcel care about the team and come to play. I don't have any idea what they are thinking. They both are extremely talented and we used a HUGE amount of resources on them. We need them to work hard and play well in order to compete.

I think the OL is less talented than most think, but I also think that Tyrod is better than most think.

I don't think that losing Gilmore will hurt us that much.

If things go right we can compete for a wild card. That said, would 4 or 5 wins surprise me? No it would not. :(

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's no surprise the local media is completely negative on Bills playoff chances, I am surprised at the widespread belief that this team is floating in the area of a 5 win season. Yes of course the QB is vitally important and remains a question mark. But this QB has produced solid if not spectacular results, and if his offense can produce an average of 26 points per game (as it did last year), I will take it - right now.

But leaving the QB issue aside, most agree that successful NFL teams are built from the inside out ie strong offensive & defensive lines. Any neutral observer would agree that the O & D lines of the Bills are their strength. Both lines are talented, experienced and proven. That's huge in the NFL. Sprinkle in some great playmakers like McCoy and Watkins and you have a recipe for NFL success.

It was the defense that was the main problem last year. I don't believe the talent level on defense is any less than what Schwartz had in 2014 when our defense was great. Ryan's game management and his defensive schemes were abysmal, and McDermott doesn't need to be a defensive genius to produce far better result. Good defense coupled with offensive production even slightly better than last year can produce a 10 or 11 win season. Last years win total of 7 would have been much higher with a decent defense.

Objectively wrong. We have no All-Pro DE, instead, we have a mediocre pass rushing Shaq Lawson.

why shouldn't the playoffs be a realistic goal?..mediocrity breeds contempt....it hasn't been since the Polian era that we have built a formidable organization from the top down IMO........Pegula has spared NO expense in hiring Beane and letting him assemble a staff consisting of many former VP's and Personnel Directors...and TP landed his guy as HC, green yes, but from pretty good pedigree starting with legendary DC, the late Jim Johnson followed by a stint with Rivera.....all on paper?...of course, but the paper is lookin' good so far...McD can return this defense to pre-Wrecks dismantling.....have confidence in Dennison devising an offense conducive to TT's strengths as well as steering away from his weaknesses.....Leslie & McD will get the defense right...sure there is plenty of player uncertainty with newbees and those returning from injuries (same for the other 31) ...now if all translates to between the stripes, 2017 could shape up to be a very interesting year IMO.......stay tuned..

I will have to disagree with this sentiment. Ajayi, was actually pretty below average most of the year besides the 3 games in which he tallied half of his season total in. Besides the two games against Buffalo and the one against the Steelers he only rushed for 100 yards one other time.

I think the Dolphins figured out our weakness more than figuring out that Ajayi was a special back. He's okay, but, nothing special.

They figured out a couple of the Bills defenders were afraid to tackle. I have never seen so many almost tackles than in those games.

Okay, you'd probably think it's crazy to say TT won't be Tom Brady next year too.

why would I say that? my reply was not related to TT.

you just seemed pretty definitive about lawson so I assumed you had this special ability, foresight, to be able to draw your conclusion? I guess my reply should of been you have no ability to do so, therefore you can not say with certainty he is, or is not.

so which is it? you have special abilities or are you just stating your OPINION as fact?

I'll go with the latter.

why would I say that? my reply was not related to TT.

you just seemed pretty definitive about lawson so I assumed you had this special ability, foresight, to be able to draw your conclusion? I guess my reply should of been you have no ability to do so, therefore you can not say with certainty he is, or is not.

so which is it? you have special abilities or are you just stating your OPINION as fact?

I'll go with the latter.

So we shouldn't say that TT won't be Tom Brady next year, right? Because, you know, we don't have the foresight to know?

So we shouldn't say that TT won't be Tom Brady next year, right? Because, you know, we don't have the foresight to know?

nice try, but you fail. he was not part of the discussion but just to satisfy your curiosity, I would never claim TT as being the next TB. but I could say that about any QB, at least presently and some may argue he could be the GOAT...?

honestly, I have to wonder why you were bringing TT in to the discussion of lawson but then realized it was just a very poor job at trolling/inciting.

you carry on with your... facts.

nice try, but you fail. he was not part of the discussion but just to satisfy your curiosity, I would never claim TT as being the next TB. but I could say that about any QB, at least presently and some may argue he could be the GOAT...?

honestly, I have to wonder why you were bringing TT in to the discussion of lawson but then realized it was just a very poor job at trolling/inciting.

you carry on with your... facts.

It's making a comparison.

How could you say that about any QB? You don't have the foresight to know. Forget TT.

You can't say that Jimmy Clausen won't play like Tom Brady next year, right?

Word from OTA's and minicamp is that Darby has seriously regressed and there are rumblings that Seymour could start opposite the rookie White. They will give him a shot in camp. He is a better fit for this defensive scheme. And Poyer is terrible. You are going to be wishing we had Aaron Williams back there. The defense will be slightly improved just because the line will do much better in a 4-3 but the defensive back situation is certainly not ideal.

IIRC in Darby's first pre-season he looked a hot mess then did a good job during the season. The transition to zone is going to be interesting though.

Put me down for 6 wins. I don't see a lot of improvement on the roster. Some churn, yes, just not much that's actually better. As for McDermott I witnessed his dumpster fire of a defense in Philadelphia so I'll take a wait and see approach. Maybe he learned something from that debacle.

Edited by That's No Moon

It all comes down to the coaches.

A great coach can take a mediocre team and make them a playoff contender. We have a mediocre team so the only question that needs to be answered is what kind of coach is McDermott and company

It's making a comparison.

How could you say that about any QB? You don't have the foresight to know. Forget TT.

You can't say that Jimmy Clausen won't play like Tom Brady next year, right?

Tom Brady is a once in a generation player. No comparisons.

Tom Brady is a once in a generation player. No comparisons.

...have to agree.....he is THE "Perfect Storm"...........a 6th round #199 pick who has tabbed up 14 AFCE titles and 5 Lombardis?....still playing and probably not done yet adding to those accomplishments?.....but I still do not subscribe to GOAT, which respectfully needs to be broken down by era.....GOAT of HIS era?......hard to deny IMO......

We have to hope that Sammy and Marcel care about the team and come to play. I don't have any idea what they are thinking. They both are extremely talented and we used a HUGE amount of resources on them. We need them to work hard and play well in order to compete.

I think the OL is less talented than most think, but I also think that Tyrod is better than most think.

I don't think that losing Gilmore will hurt us that much.

If things go right we can compete for a wild card. That said, would 4 or 5 wins surprise me? No it would not. :(

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Sir, are a complicated Man !

B-)

why shouldn't the playoffs be a realistic goal?..mediocrity breeds contempt....it hasn't been since the Polian era that we have built a formidable organization from the top down IMO........Pegula has spared NO expense in hiring Beane and letting him assemble a staff consisting of many former VP's and Personnel Directors...and TP landed his guy as HC, green yes, but from pretty good pedigree starting with legendary DC, the late Jim Johnson followed by a stint with Rivera.....all on paper?...of course, but the paper is lookin' good so far...McD can return this defense to pre-Wrecks dismantling.....have confidence in Dennison devising an offense conducive to TT's strengths as well as steering away from his weaknesses.....Leslie & McD will get the defense right...sure there is plenty of player uncertainty with newbees and those returning from injuries (same for the other 31) ...now if all translates to between the stripes, 2017 could shape up to be a very interesting year IMO.......stay tuned..

Patience Obi .

This might take a season or 3

They figured out a couple of the Bills defenders were afraid to tackle. I have never seen so many almost tackles than in those games.

it was nearly like that.

hey Maybe if i get in his way the safety will come down in time? Or Ed Reed will run onto the field and save us?

The Bills will be a better football team under Mc D...

The Bills will be a better football team under Mc D...

For the simple reason that McD's the polar opposite of Rex. That right there is worth a couple of wins. Getting rid of both Ryans may even eek out another win.