Congressman Shot At Baseball Practice

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst in my lifetime and I'm 65

I'm 67 , when I left the Navy no problem getting hired at factories here. That era with fair pay , health insurance and pensions are gone . Minimum wage part time no benefits today , hmm

Congressional hearing on gun legislation has been cancelled. The "Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act" would make it easier to purchase silencers, transport guns across state lines, and ease restrictions on armor-piercing bullets. The bill is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan who was at the baseball practice.

Congressional hearing on gun legislation has been cancelled. The "Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act" would make it easier to purchase silencers, transport guns across state lines, and ease restrictions on armor-piercing bullets. The bill is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan who was at the baseball practice.

And that's because more gun regulations would have stopped this lunatic?

We have the most liberal guns laws - pretty much in the whole world - and we have the gun violence to match - might be a coinkydink....

I don't want to politicize one crazy guy so his reasoning for shooting is irrelevant. He was nuts.

But it struck me in the last London attack how few people died because the attackers had knives and not guns. Very different outcomes.

I'm not a gun regulation advocate and it's not an issue that I really care much about but on an incident level, if I'd rather have a guy with a knife terrorizing me than a guy with a firearm.

I don't want to politicize one crazy guy so his reasoning for shooting is irrelevant. He was nuts.

But it struck me in the last London attack how few people died because the attackers had knives and not guns. Very different outcomes.

I'm not a gun regulation advocate and it's not an issue that I really care much about but on an incident level, if I'd rather have a guy with a knife terrorizing me than a guy with a firearm.

And I'd like to eat ice cream for my three meals and not get fat.

None of the feel good gun control laws will account for the hundred million guns already in circulation.

Automatic guns have been around for a century. Crazy has been around since dawn of man. Yet, the frequency of mass murders with guns is a recent phenomenon.

Wouldn't it make more sense to investigate and address the causes of the more recent phenomenon?

Wouldn't it make more sense to investigate and address the causes of the more recent phenomenon?

Of course. But addressing the problem that's been around since the dawn of man won't be easy. Nor would taking guns off the street solve the problem. Or stiffer penalties.

It's not an easy problem with an easy solution. But most people suit up in their usual uniforms and come to argue one side without listening to reasonable points of the other.

I'm out of this thread. Don't really want to muck up a single incident with gun/2nd amendment talk.

Of course. But addressing the problem that's been around since the dawn of man won't be easy. Nor would taking guns off the street solve the problem. Or stiffer penalties.

It's not an easy problem with an easy solution. But most people suit up in their usual uniforms and come to argue one side without listening to reasonable points of the other.

I'm out of this thread. Don't really want to muck up a single incident with gun/2nd amendment talk.

Sounds like we agree on this.

Maybe the people who revel in putting up octo-screens of screaming talking heads should take stock in damage they're created.