Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Hmm, torn between losing out, or seeing Casey and Jack go off last 6 games and give some hope for next year. Maybe not a ton, but 5-6% better chance in each of the first 3 positions worth last.

@PromoTheRobotshould be happy Thursday at least got a little bump in resale

Edited by plenzmd1

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Haha, that is one old grudge you got there, buddy.

Haha. Gretzky sure stuck the dagger in.

I remember after the game after that comment (Edmonton's first visit back), there were 19,040 fans wearing Mickey Mouse ears. Too funny.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, torn between losing out, or seeing Casey and Jack go off last 6 games and give some hope for next year. Maybe not a ton, but 5-6% better chance in each of the first 3 positions worth last.

I can defer hope, I'm used to it.  Not that the lottery gods are ever kind to Buffalo, but I want whatever edge I can get to improve a chance at Dahlin.

3-28: Phil Housley on WGR (15:46)

#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR! Tune in:

Housley - If all things are a go, we'd like to get Mittelstadt in the game tomorrow. #Sabres

Housley - I saw Mittelstadt at the World Juniors, and I thought he was the best player of the tournament. I like the way he attacks the game, the speed he plays at and his IQ. We're glad to have him as part of the organization. #Sabres

Housley - the more pressure there is, Mittelstadt seems to rise to the occasion. He's a great competitor. He might have to get caught up to speed since he hasn't played since March 3. #Sabres

Housley - we're going to try and get Mittelstadt involved right away. We'll get him into practice today, and tomorrow he will just have to go with his instincts and keep things simple. #Sabres

Housley - I hope that Mittelstadt will have a big impact right away, but we have to understand he hasn't played in a while. I think he can have a huge impact on this team with the remaining six games we have. The experience will help. #Sabres

Housley - Jack took things upon himself on Monday in Toronto. We had to get back to the way we were playing as a team, and he put it upon himself to be better. He was strong in his own end and played like an elite 200-foot player. #Sabres

Housley - it seems like Auston Matthews brought the best out of Jack, and he'll have another crack at him next week. #Sabres

Housley - I liked what Justin Bailey brought to the lineup when he was here. He brought speed and some physicality, and that's what he has to keep on doing. Going back to Rochester again is just another part of his development. Hope he has a good run in the AHL playoffs #Sabres

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nope. 

Tanks for nothing: Some NHL teams can't win for losing | CBC Sports

Jack Eichel has difficulty accepting the sorry state of the Buffalo Sabres, who haven't had a sniff at the playoffs in the three years since his celebrated arrival.

"When I got drafted, if you would've said we'd be in this position, I probably would've told you to give your head a shake," Eichel told The Associated Press.

Instead, it's the 21-year-old shaking his head in disbelief over a franchise that's finished no better than 14th in the Eastern Conference since 2012-13 and in jeopardy of finishing last in the overall standings for the third time in five years.

2 hours ago, ricojes said:

I turned down free suite tickets for tonight, so I would think it's still a tough sell...

I did see him twice in the WJC, but excited to see him with the big boys. Nice day today, gives me an excuse to sit on the porch and drink and the very least!