Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

6 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think it is a travesty that the NHL actually thought it would make sense to make this a "HOME GAME" for the Sabres...

They did that for legal reasons as the NYR contractually must play all homes games at MSG. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They did tha for legal reasons as the NYR contractually must play all homes games at MSG. 

That is kinda messed up. Consider if the Sabres were in playoff contention and it came down to tiebreakers and this game kept them out or affected their seeding? The NHL should have the Rangers (and any other club that has a similar clause in their arena lease)  fix that in the off season

Thank you 26 for all the links.  I love the condensed game highlights!  I don't have much free time, and it is a great way to watch at my convenience.  A couple observations- I have been really impressed with Lehner, especially with our poor defense.  And I am also impressed how this team comes back from 2 and 3 goal deficits.  If only we could win an overtime game.  I know we have been near the bottom for awhile.  But I like a lot of what I see.  We just need better defense, and could use another scorer.  Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/1/2018 at 5:08 PM, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think it is a travesty that the NHL actually thought it would make sense to make this a "HOME GAME" for the Sabres...

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Take a home game away from the Sabres and put it in Queens? Are you fvcking kidding.

And, by the way, IT MUST BE ME.........

The Devils got cost a win again tonight as they had ANOTHER go ahead goal taken away on an offsides challenge.

It''s fun being a fan and having all these reversals going against me. ? 

1-3: Phil Housley on WGR (10:41)
@WGR550

#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins Howard & Jeremy now on WGR!

Housley on the Winter Classic - The outdoors brings you back to when you were skating around on the pond waiting for your buddies to come out. The league did a terrific job with the event.

Housley on the glare & weather - Once you got used to it, it was fine. It was a crisp day, it was cool. Wind wasn't a factor. It was a fun time.

Housley - We were losing some games in OT, when we did win seemed like the TV crew wasn't around. There's one episode there where I kicked them out. Overall it was a great thing for people to see.

Housley - Think our preparation & starts are getting a lot better. Haven't got rewarded for the work we've done. Biggest thing right now is we're not breaking.

Housley - Even when we're down, we're finding ways to get back into games. Still areas we need to work on.

Housley - We have to continue to get pucks to the net. The d is doing a good job and getting them through. Now just have to find a way to bury those.

Housley on Eichel - Jack's game has gone to another level. He's moving his feet now, earlier in the season he wasn't as much. Really attacking the game. Been a force down low and shooting the puck more.

Housley - It's always good to go back to Minnesota and beat a team where you grew up. It's a very good team. Our guys will be ready.

On 01/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

That is kinda messed up. Consider if the Sabres were in playoff contention and it came down to tiebreakers and this game kept them out or affected their seeding? The NHL should have the Rangers (and any other club that has a similar clause in their arena lease)  fix that in the off season

Much easier way to fix it, your team doesn't get an outdoor game then. If they want to hold one in NY and include the Rangers, it's against the Islanders (who at least have NY in their name) or the devils who are at least closer then Buffalo and NY City.

Is next year game going to be the Huricanes playing a home game in Fenway against the Bruins?

On 02/01/2018 at 11:35 PM, njbuff said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Take a home game away from the Sabres and put it in Queens? Are you fvcking kidding.

And, by the way, IT MUST BE ME.........

The Devils got cost a win again tonight as they had ANOTHER go ahead goal taken away on an offsides challenge.

It''s fun being a fan and having all these reversals going against me. ? 

Pissed about that one too, i would have won some money had the Devils won....

Game Preview: 1/4/18 at MIN

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Sunday, January 1
NY Rangers 3 at Buffalo 2 (OT)
Goals: Reinhart, Ristolainen
Goalie: Lehner (39 saves/42 shots)
PP: 1/5; PK: 2/3; Shots: NY Rangers 42 – Buffalo 33

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 151)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 22 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Jan. 5: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 7: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 9: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 11: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 18: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at WILD
  • This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
  • Last meeting: Minnesota defeated Buffalo 5-4 in Buffalo on Nov. 22
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 7-3-0 on the road
  • This is the 22nd game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has a 9-11-1 series record.
  • The Sabres are 7-3-0 on the road against the Wild all-time.

What a horrible schedule, having to go to both Minny and Winterpeg this weekend, and playing at 1 on Sunday, the exact same time as the cities other pro sports team is making their first playoff appearance in 17 years?

Good thing they aren't giving fans much to be excited about or cause a true dilemma as to what to watch Sunday afternoon....

Projected Lineup

28 Zemgus Girgensons - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
Evander Kane - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
67 Benoit Pouliot - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 29 Jason Pominville
22 Johan Larsson - 10 Jacob Josefson - 17 Jordan Nolan

Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 41 Justin Falk

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

No comment. 

Hah, I forgot the Sabres were playing last night, watched the USA game after dinner. Looks to be about similar results

Damn, I was hoping to have USA-Canada on at some bar in Jacksonville..eh, get to root for Sweeden like a banchi now!!!

Game Preview: 1/5/18 at WPG

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Thursday, January 4
Buffalo 2 at Minnesota 6
Goals: Reinhart, Kane
Goalie: Lehner (11 saves/17 shots); Johnson (10 saves/10 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 2/3; Shots: Buffalo 31 – Minnesota 27

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 155)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 23 games
Victor Antipin (illness, Dec. 29) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Jan. 7: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 9: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 11: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 18: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 20: Dallas at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at JETS
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Jets this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Winnipeg 4-3 in Buffalo on Jan. 7, 2017
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 9 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 3-6-1 on the road.
  • This is the 60th game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg/Atlanta; Buffalo has a 26-22-11 series record.
  • The Sabres are 9-13-7 on the road against the Jets/Thrashers all-time.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz