Duffs in Newnan Georgia

For all of my Atlanta peeps, I went to the Duffs in Newnan Georgia recently and it was awesome! I take my family to Duffs whenever we go to Buffalo and they loved it too. Wings, fries, gravy, fingers and blue cheese were all the same as Buffalo store. They even had Labatts and Buffalo Bills stuff everywhere. Owner was very cool and spent plenty of time talking with us about how his franchise came to be. I will be heading back soon.

If you miss authentic wings (and beef on weck I am told) do not hesitate to check it out! :)

I'm in "Atlanta" (around the Vinings), but quite a haul from Newman I think. It's one of those things I plan to do, but suspect the distance makes it a one time deal. I left Buffalo when I was 17 and must admit when I think of Duffs it was more about cold pitchers of beer! A lot of places had great wings. (For my son who checks in here, drinking age was 18 back then.)

I'm in "Atlanta" (around the Vinings), but quite a haul from Newman I think. It's one of those things I plan to do, but suspect the distance makes it a one time deal. I left Buffalo when I was 17 and must admit when I think of Duffs it was more about cold pitchers of beer! A lot of places had great wings. (For my son who checks in here, drinking age was 18 back then.)

Wasn't as bad of a ride as I expected. About an hour and 20 minutes from Roswell. I will probably try and go from time to time and get extras because cold wings are awesome the next day too. I was just happy to see that it wasn't an imitation of the real thing, it is a duplication. :)

Wasn't as bad of a ride as I expected. About an hour and 20 minutes from Roswell. I will probably try and go from time to time and get extras because cold wings are awesome the next day too. I was just happy to see that it wasn't an imitation of the real thing, it is a duplication. :)

Off the Nashville this weekend, but maybe I'll try it next weekend. I've GOT to do it at least once.

For all of my Atlanta peeps, I went to the Duffs in Newnan Georgia recently and it was awesome! I take my family to Duffs whenever we go to Buffalo and they loved it too. Wings, fries, gravy, fingers and blue cheese were all the same as Buffalo store. They even had Labatts and Buffalo Bills stuff everywhere. Owner was very cool and spent plenty of time talking with us about how his franchise came to be. I will be heading back soon.

If you miss authentic wings (and beef on weck I am told) do not hesitate to check it out! :)

I live about 8 Minutes from the restaurant. Owner is a super cool guy. ALways was a bills fan and wanted to own a wing joint, so he said replicate when i can have one of the originals.

I talked to him for about 2 hours the first week it opened. I went in wearing Bills gear. They had to travel to buffalo for two months to learn how to cook the wings, and about the Duffs tradition and culture. When they first opened they flew 10 Buffalo employees down to Newnan to help open up the place.

he is trying to make it an official bills backers bar.

Add - Next time any of y'all go, let me know. my wife and I can probably meet up if I am not traveling.

Edited by CountDorkula

Ahhhh legal at 18 and hanging out at bars at 17. What could have possible gone wrong did.

Ahhhh legal at 18 and hanging out at bars at 17. What could have possible gone wrong did.

Hey, 16 was generally close enough in those days! My how the times have changed!

For any Atlanta folks who miss Teds, try Barkers Red Hots in Marietta. Only open for lunch during the week. Not just a decent dog, they are a true knock-off with "Crystal Beach fries", Weber's mustard, chili sauce ("Signature Style") and they (at least used to) have Loganberry. Good dogs if you are craving. Little family run joint.

Hey, 16 was generally close enough in those days! My how the times have changed!

For any Atlanta folks who miss Teds, try Barkers Red Hots in Marietta. Only open for lunch during the week. Not just a decent dog, they are a true knock-off with "Crystal Beach fries", Weber's mustard, chili sauce ("Signature Style") and they (at least used to) have Loganberry. Good dogs if you are craving. Little family run joint.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just reading that brings back memories -- and makes me hungry. This place . . .

Thanks for the heads-up. Just reading that brings back memories -- and makes me hungry. This place . . .

It's on Windy Hill near Powers Ferry. I'll be there this week, it's stuck in my head.....

Publix now sells Sahlens Too!!!!

Checked Google Maps as soon as I saw this post. Maybe, just maybe, a weekend road trip would be in order. But 6+ hours is longer than I need to drive, for wings. There was a time I would have considered it, as Atlanta was the nearest Trader Joes to me. So, I wouldda made it a 2-fer trip---maybe caught a game of some sort, in the ATL, too. But we now have a TJ's in Ponte Vedra.

The good old days. Started going to a bar in 8th grade, on the way home from school. We'd order 25 cent drafts and eat free popcorn. The owner/bartender must have been in her 80's and half-blind. I'm guessing she had no idea how young we were. I'm guessing they had a deal with the local cops, Still, if a cop came into the bar, we'd put our face in a newspaper (or some other reading material) and shake nervously until the cop left. Never had an issue, though.

But generally, 16 was the age when I could get into to many bars, in Niagara Falls. Probably had our pick of five, or more, by that time.

Publix now sells Sahlens Too!!!!

The problem with the Publix Sahlen's is, they have collagen skins, and not the natural casing. At least that' the case for those I've seen in Publix, and other places in Florida. Not bad, but nothing compares to the natural casing, IMO.

The problem with the Publix Sahlen's is, they have collagen skins, and not the natural casing. At least that' the case for those I've seen in Publix, and other places in Florida. Not bad, but nothing compares to the natural casing, IMO.

Wow didn't know that! But, it does answer the question. Why don't publix Sahlens tatse as good grilled.

So, I'm gonna be driving thru ATL next month and thought this would be a great stop. Alas... closing for good on June 23rd.

http://www.barkersredhots.com/

:cry:

That's a long haul just for wings, and you better have a pretty understanding DD because that would be an expensive Uber ride.

So, I'm gonna be driving thru ATL next month and thought this would be a great stop. Alas... closing for good on June 23rd.

http://www.barkersredhots.com/

:cry:

I was just there yesterday and the lines were out the door. Apparently word got out and everyone wants there last fix. They've been open for 33 years! And now my comfort food will be gone... :(