Shareece Wright spent $632 on an Uber to get to OTAs

It really seems a tradition on this board not to pull an excerpt or at least give the gist of an article.

Am I wrong in common courtesy being that you get at least the high point of the linked article in a post and if you want more detail you can click? I don't mean to single you out- just get tired of the teasers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really seems a tradition on this board not to pull an excerpt or at least give the gist of an article.

Am I wrong in common courtesy being that you get at least the high point of the linked article in a post and if you want more detail you can click? I don't mean to single you out- just get tired of the teasers

Yeah, not pointing fingers, but that irks me a bit. Give me a taste and then I'll decide if I want the whole thing. Nothing personal. Edited by Augie

His flight artived late and he missed his connecting flight in chicago, He had few options at 10pm to get to buffalo for a 7am practice. He needed sleep so no rental and a buddy couldn't drive him..

I prefer reading the thing myself and not depend on someone to give me a summary.

And more stories on the uber ride:

Driver thought Shareece wanted to go to local Buffalo Wild Wings but once he accepted the ride he didn't want to back off.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19574566/shareece-wright-uber-driver-thought-was-taking-buffalo-bills-db-buffalo-wild-wings

I go to Mullet Toss (adult spring break) every year with a group of guys. This year two of the guys were hammered and started arguing at 3:30 in the morning. The one guy Ubered home from Flora-Bama to New Orleans to his pregnant wife. $437 and 200+ miles

I went to the Flora-Bama a few years back, got one of the best stories of my life out of that night.

Any chance Uber did this as a publicity stunt to announce their coming to Buffalo?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I went to the Flora-Bama a few years back, got one of the best stories of my life out of that night.

Any chance Uber did this as a publicity stunt to announce their coming to Buffalo?

John Wawrow certainly thinks this was all a publicity stunt paid for by Uber, its all he has been tweeting about for days now

I prefer reading the thing myself and not depend on someone to give me a summary.

And more stories on the uber ride:

Driver thought Shareece wanted to go to local Buffalo Wild Wings but once he accepted the ride he didn't want to back off.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19574566/shareece-wright-uber-driver-thought-was-taking-buffalo-bills-db-buffalo-wild-wings

To me something like this is perfect-- I get the gist for conversation here but because it sounds amusing I can click for more of the story. For people with your style, you can just always click every link still.

Sorry- didn't mean for the call out to be pointed towards you. A huge number of posters do it.

Edited by NoSaint

So, stupid question: does the team reimburse players for travel to and from workouts (as well as for lodging during them)? I realize these were voluntary OTAs and so perhaps not. What about for (mandatory) training camp? And if they reimburse, is it for the entire cost or just a set amount in the CBA?

I'm just picturing Shareece walking into the traveling secretary's office with a $932 Uber bill, that's all.

I'd say it's about a 1,000% chance this was simply a marketing stunt.

Shareece was on GMFB show of NFL NETWORK. Watch VIDEO here:

@gmfb

Nothing like the old 8-hour ride to make it to work on time. @BuffaloBills DB @ShareeceWright shared his story on #GMFB

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/874595461184626688

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/874595461184626688

Edited by CanadianFan