HP Computer Says Toshiba on Screen?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you should take it back anyways. There are so many issues with laptops you want all the protection you can get.

Toshiba ships laptops with a known flaw in power connector for the issue usually occurs post warranty period hence they look at is as a sales feature not a problem.

I pry would have but it's her's and if she's happy my life is better.

Good thing he bought an HP instead

:D

I pry would have but it's her's and if she's happy my life is better.

:D

My son has a Lenovo ThinkPad (IBM?) He picked up last year for school... The damn V key sticks... BestBuy... I keep telling him take it in, got 2-year protection, He hasn't, must not bother him.

"God grant me the serenity to..."

I guess same w/everything w/people. I bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2 months ago... Already a recall on 200,000 2016-17 trucks... Seems rear diff could leak oil, lock up and cause a crash. Really people, that's some of oil to leak out... People don't notice a puddle under their new truck? Just drive and go? They probably drive and drive it, thinking they will just get an all new axle assembly... Until bam locks up. Gee... I am not a big corporate guy, but Toyota has to be shaking its head. Yes, it is their fault, but really people? Just take it in! Now, they have to inspect the slew of vehicles.

Good luck Mike... Glad all is good and there is peace in the valley. :-)

My son has a Lenovo ThinkPad (IBM?) He picked up last year for school... The damn V key sticks... BestBuy... I keep telling him take it in, got 2-year protection, He hasn't, must not bother him.

"God grant me the serenity to..."

I guess same w/everything w/people. I bought a 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2 months ago... Already a recall on 200,000 2016-17 trucks... Seems rear diff could leak oil, lock up and cause a crash. Really people, that's some of oil to leak out... People don't notice a puddle under their new truck? Just drive and go? They probably drive and drive it, thinking they will just get an all new axle assembly... Until bam locks up. Gee... I am not a big corporate guy, but Toyota has to be shaking its head. Yes, it is their fault, but really people? Just take it in! Now, they have to inspect the slew of vehicles.

Good luck Mike... Glad all is good and there is peace in the valley. :-)

Thanks Ex!

... They pry think it's AC water even if it the middle of winter

And then there's the Chinese spyware

Thanks Ex!

... They pry think it's AC water even if it the middle of winter

LoL... A decade ago I sided w/the drivers on the Toyota floor mat thing... I am starting to rethink that now!

I don't know what the hell people do with their feet... They just can't keep them still... I straighten the mats all the time in my vehicles! My wife is the absolute worse!

Poor Mr. Toyota! LoL

And then there's the Chinese spyware

???

It's mechanical issue

Lenovo=off shoot of IBM right?

???

It's mechanical issue

Lenovo=off shoot of IBM right?

Lenovo is a Chinese electronics company that bought out IBM's PC/Laptop unit in the early 2000s.

Lenovo has been caught shipping out PC/Laptops preinstalled with spyware and rootkits.

http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/lenovo-rootkit-malware.html

If you have a Lenovo, I would recommend researching this further and both flashing the BIOS and re-installing the OS

If you do not have a Lenovo, I would recommend avoiding them in the future

Edited by /dev/null

LoL... A decade ago I sided w/the drivers on the Toyota floor mat thing... I am starting to rethink that now!

I don't know what the hell people do with their feet... They just can't keep them still... I straighten the mats all the time in my vehicles! My wife is the absolute worse!

I had to sign a form when I got my Toyota that stated (paraphrasing here) I understood the floor mats needed to be attached to the hooks on the floor board.

I've heard the same thing about John Deere mowers. The ones you buy at Home Depot/Lowe's is not the same quality as the ones you'd get from a John Deere dealer.

This is true. Most of the mowers at the chain stores are MTD manufactured with other logos on them. Original manufacturers such as John Deere are better quality such as thicker gauge steel for the decks.

I had to sign a form when I got my Toyota that stated (paraphrasing here) I understood the floor mats needed to be attached to the hooks on the floor board.

I don't think I did that with the Tacoma... But man, the passenger mat is not tacked down and wife's happy feet do a number... My BMW has the passenger mats tacked down (velcro)... Same with the MINI even 2006 Jeep Wrangler has a hook. My son drove truck to Indy 500 while I slept in passenger seat, and I even moved them... AND I am stone still. Something is off with Toyota. Call me OCD, maybe because I am a heavy machine operator, there is never a time I don't make equipment checks and each and every time those passenger mats are effed up after transporting someone.

Sorry for the hijack Mike! :-)

Lenovo is a Chinese electronics company that bought out IBM's PC/Laptop unit in the early 2000s.

Lenovo has been caught shipping out PC/Laptops preinstalled with spyware and rootkits.

http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/lenovo-rootkit-malware.html

If you have a Lenovo, I would recommend researching this further and both flashing the BIOS and re-installing the OS

If you do not have a Lenovo, I would recommend avoiding them in the future

Never knew... Thanks.

He got a gr8 deal on it... Now I know why! ;-)

I've heard the same thing about John Deere mowers. The ones you buy at Home Depot/Lowe's is not the same quality as the ones you'd get from a John Deere dealer.

this is well know, also happens with laptops at walmart, and a TON of tools and parts.

workmaster, jobsmarter at tsc, cobalt at lowes is almost always the same thing

crescent has begun doing this as well.

is that better than the NSA spyware on American made computers?

My question is the spyware covered under warranty?

My son goes to University of Iowa. He says the Chinese national students have tape over their front cameras... I was like: "Come on!"

Is he making this up? So their gov't doesn't identify them?

???

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My son goes to University of Iowa. He says the Chinese national students have tape over their front cameras... I was like: "Come on!"

???

I keep tape on my work laptop camera.

???

I keep tape on my work laptop camera.

(quote him) I have tape on ours too. That little slit in the console keeps opening and closing and it scares my wife. So I taped it shut.

You Guys are nuts... And Howie & Shirl just old.

I dare you to turn my phone's front camera on... Right now!

:-)

i have a small piece of cardboard taped over the camera on my laptop

just because i'm paranoid doesnt mean they aren't out to get me

i have a small piece of cardboard taped over the camera on my laptop

just because i'm paranoid doesnt mean they aren't out to get me

Paranoid schmaranoid... They can look at me all they want... But a breath sample, field test... You gotta be insane! Fall in line w/big gubermint?

dont-tread-on-me-meaning.jpg

???

what year is he? i didn't realize he was that old! Has he been to a match at carver hawkeye yet? slater was just being built when i was there. the quad dorms were really fun, they no longer use those for dorms ot my knowledge. reinow is where i stayed. definitely seemed like a party dorm. hill crest is a fun building. the outdoor mall is a lot of fun.

the rec center is really nice and that high dive is intense.

if he can go down in carver to the wreslting hallway and its aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing. the sauna there would probably make me break down and cry from trauma. the smell of the wrestling room is amazing. the locker rooms, all of that. amazing campus.