PFF:Taylor undervalued QB.

What a silly post. Do you honestly believe a Bills fan, besides a moron, doesn't want Tyrod to have a good season? This is our stupid world now. There are only two choices. If you think Tyrod probably isn't a good enough qb to consistently win, you are a Tyrod hater. So dumb.

And as much as the nerds try, analytics will never fully work in football. There are too many variables that can't be accounted for.

And if you think Tyrod is a capable NFL starting QB who could use a little more time to be better evaluated you're not only a Tyrod homer, but suddenly you're placed into a cult.

Even dumber.

Yeah, these coaches saw Tyrod ever day in practice and totally held him back.

Remember when the coaches were holding back JP Losman?

Roman's offense wasn't designed around timing routes. Pretty well documented with that not only in Buffalo but also in SF with Kaep and Alex Smith.

It was the offensive system more than anything, though you could see that Lynn tried implementing those things more.

Anthony Lynn's preferred offense is a West Coast offense. The QB has to hit guys when they are open and not hold on to the ball too long. Stop blaming everyone but the QB for the QB's play.

Yeah, that's why you saw that when he took over the Bills started implementing more of those timing routes.

But even though Anthony Lynn's preferred offense is a WCO, he was calling plays out of Roman's playbook, which wasn't predicated on those routes.

Have people not watched Tyrod the last 2 years? Chris Hogan had more YAC last year than Sammy has had in 2 years!!! I'm not even mad at Tyrod. I think he has actually overachieved.

But this belief that there was some conspiracy that coaches and WRs are holding him back is just silly. He has never been a pinpoint passer. His best plays are generally made when he is playing sandlot football. Expecting him to be a west coast pin point passer is just silly,

Lucky for us we get to find out this year because that's pretty much what it seems Dennison is expecting out of him 0:)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you think Tyrod is a capable NFL starting QB who could use a little more time to be better evaluated you're not only a Tyrod homer, but suddenly you're placed into a cult.

Even dumber.

Roman's offense wasn't designed around timing routes. Pretty well documented with that not only in Buffalo but also in SF with Kaep and Alex Smith.

It was the offensive system more than anything, though you could see that Lynn tried implementing those things more.

Yeah, that's why you saw that when he took over the Bills started implementing more of those timing routes.

But even though Anthony Lynn's preferred offense is a WCO, he was calling plays out of Roman's playbook, which wasn't predicated on those routes.

I've never said anything like that. Tyrod is a bottom tier NFL starter. He won't lose you games but he really doesn't win them either. He is a .500 type qb that with a lot of good pieces around him can get you to the playoffs. But more often than not, it just won't be good enough.

And Tyrod, Kaepernick, and Alex Smith are probably some of the worst passing starters in the NFL. It limits you as a coach.

And Sammy has had ~350 more yards and 5 more TDs in 10 fewer games over those same 2 years. Why do you care if Sammy catches it 5 yards downfield vs 50 yards downfield?

I want a qb who gets the ball to his playmakers in space as often as possible. Tyrod's best play is chucking the ball up to Sammy. Not really a high % pass. Look at how frustrated Sammy waS last year.

Sammy is one of the best YAC college WRs I have ever seen and he is just basically Lee Evans for us. It's a waste.

I've never said anything like that. Tyrod is a bottom tier NFL starter. He won't lose you games but he really doesn't win them either. He is a .500 type qb that with a lot of good pieces around him can get you to the playoffs. But more often than not, it just won't be good enough.

And Tyrod, Kaepernick, and Alex Smith are probably some of the worst passing starters in the NFL. It limits you as a coach.

I want a qb who gets the ball to his playmakers in space as often as possible. Tyrod's best play is chucking the ball up to Sammy. Not really a high % pass. Look at how frustrated Sammy waS last year.

Sammy is one of the best YAC college WRs I have ever seen and he is just basically Lee Evans for us. It's a waste.

You say bottom tier, I think he's closer to the middle than the bottom tier. But even saying Taylor is a top 15-20 QB somehow puts you in the stupid CoT that some whacko over here came up with.

And I'll say again, I think he's earned 1 more season before a final and relatively accurate evaluation of what he is. 29 starts with a ton of instability in those starts between changing OCs, a revolving door at WR, an often porous OL, HC issues, and a defense that wasn't very good.

Based on what little I know, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised this year. (assuming healthy folks, of course)

Based on what little I know, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised this year. (assuming healthy folks, of course)

I genuinely hope so. He is a good guy and hard worker. I think he has far outplayed what he was projected to be, so he's a success. I just watch other teams pass the football and it seems like he is in a different league and I'm not sure he will ever improve.

But I would love to be wrong.

I genuinely hope so. He is a good guy and hard worker. I think he has far outplayed what he was projected to be, so he's a success. I just watch other teams pass the football and it seems like he is in a different league and I'm not sure he will ever improve.

We would all love for you to be wrong! (Well, most of us ;) ) But I, for one, will NOT rub it in......

Design is more in line with your hopes. We just have to wait and see on execution :lol:

Design is more in line with your hopes. We just have to wait and see on execution :lol:

You're not talking John McKay style execution I hope! You can get in trouble for THAT! Q: "What do you think of your teams execution?" A: "I'm all for it."

They have receivers who excel at turning those passes into yards. We didn't, and still don't.

See Sammy Watkins... Clemson career. Yeah he had been hurt butt he was a yac-star. Even when healthy it diesnt happen. Charles Clay in stride is a very dangerous TEa well. Let's use em

This really makes no sense. Why would someone who doesn't think Tyrod is good enough be upset if he has a great season and we make the playoffs? I'm sure there are a few crazies that have their minds made up regardless but most would probably re-evaluate their opinion of the situation changes.

For a veteran you have not been reading this board much. Players cant get better from year to year. HOF QBs are only drafted in the first round. Veteran fan favorites do not age or slow dowm. Any player that wants a new contract is not a Buffalo guy. The backup QB is the best player on the team. And never ever admit you are wrong!!!!

I tend to agree with you. I think YPA is the single most meaningful stat, and I don't really care how far the ball travels in the air. Yards are yards.

Especially in the modern NFL which is all about getting the ball out quick and getting it into hands of playmakers.

Especially in the modern NFL which is all about getting the ball out quick and getting it into hands of playmakers.

...Andre Reed made his mark and living with YAC along with grit and determination....if Dennison can design an offense for TT to accomplish what you stated, teaching him to spread the wealth versus locking on to one guy, as well as making his scrambling ability selective versus a constant necessity, the passing game dimension could become a strong suit to compliment the run......

This really makes no sense. Why would someone who doesn't think Tyrod is good enough be upset if he has a great season and we make the playoffs? I'm sure there are a few crazies that have their minds made up regardless but most would probably re-evaluate their opinion of the situation changes.

Foxx, Crusher.

Watkins and Taylor were one of the best dues the second half of 2015. Watkins upset-how about he stay healthy and actually stays on the field this year.

I don't buy the methodology I am afraid. Why shouldn't a Quarterback who throws a perfect 2 or 3 or 4 yard pass to a guy who can catch it in running without breaking stride and take advantage of a hole in the defence to go the distance get credit for that. Brady and Matt Ryan in particular do that an awful lot and it is the absolute perfect placement on those shallow crossers etc that often creates the YAC.

100% agree. Sure we don't really run that quick passing system. But is that because we choose not to from the coaching level or because our QB is incapable of running that kind of system.

...Andre Reed made his mark and living with YAC along with grit and determination....if Dennison can design an offense for TT to accomplish what you stated, teaching him to spread the wealth versus locking on to one guy, as well as making his scrambling ability selective versus a constant necessity, the passing game dimension could become a strong suit to compliment the run......

JK was a master at throwing his playmakers open and connecting with them in stride. (fearless)

The J K to Andre Reed connection was truly a beautiful thing to see my friend.

...Low wonderlic be damned...

Edited by Figster

JK was a master at throwing his playmakers open and connecting with them in stride. (fearless)

The J K to Andre Reed connection was truly a beautiful thing to see my friend.

....would certainly be nice to see that again as in....2017......all built on relationships and trust.....JK knew where to throw it because Andre WOULD be there....

I don't buy the methodology I am afraid. Why shouldn't a Quarterback who throws a perfect 2 or 3 or 4 yard pass to a guy who can catch it in running without breaking stride and take advantage of a hole in the defence to go the distance get credit for that. Brady and Matt Ryan in particular do that an awful lot and it is the absolute perfect placement on those shallow crossers etc that often creates the YAC.

Exactly. Timing/hitting a receiver in stride is a skill for QBs, and a very important one. I have no problem with PFF's concept that traditional QB metrics are incomplete, but by trying to credit YAC completely to the receiver rather than the QB you are throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

You're not talking John McKay style execution I hope! You can get in trouble for THAT! Q: "What do you think of your teams execution?" A: "I'm all for it."

.....those creamsicle unis and John Mc's quote rank in the top 5 of all time "NFL Great Moments".......include KC's Stram miked up for Super Bowl IV and Colts' GM Tobin vs Kiper fisticuffs during 1994 draft...honorable mention to Barry Switzer winning SB with Dallas and saying, "the only difference between the NFL and college football is I didn't have a salary cap at Oklahoma".....CLASSICS....