DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

56 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If anyone ever wants to witness extreme cases of TDS, simply read the comments under the article. Incredible.

...sorry, but NOT buying it....the FBI under "Sleepy Bob's" leadership was "Mother Teresa clean".......Comey solely initiated the Bureau's downfall to graft, corruption, abuse and misuse literally OVERNIGHT.....hence, "Sleepy Bob" was the PERFECT "Squeaky Clean Bob" choice for "independent (??) counsel"......show me the evidence where his selection was "the fox guarding the chicken coop (BIG COUGH)"...............

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

SO BASICALLY THE FBI WAS A RUSSIAN ASSET, DAMAGING THE US POLITICAL SYSTEM AT PUTIN’S INSTIGATION: 

It looks like Putin conned the FBI into the ‘Russiagate’ probe.

Remember, this is the spin attempt by the guilty parties now: "It wasn't deliberate, we were duped!"

Look back at the evolution of the denials: 

2017: "It's a totally legit investigation! Look at all those Russian contacts! The Steele Dossier is 100% accurate! Besides, there's no way the FBI would overstep or abuse the FISC! The FBI isn't political!"

2018: "So, all those Russian contacts suddenly look less damning, but that's only because we don't know what the FBI knows! The Steele Dossier is likely 99% accurate! Just wait for Mueller! And besides, the FBI would never overstep, act politically, or abuse the FISC! That's just a conspiracy theory without evidence!"

2019/Post Mueller: "... Since when was this ever about Russia collusion? And what's the Steele Dossier nonsense you keep harping about?! That's a right wing talking point meant to obfuscate! The real crime was OBSTRUCTION! Just look at Volume II (and ignore Volume I)! Besides, the FBI didn't act with bias, and would never abuse the FISC! Investigators sometimes get ahead of the evidence, but that's called playing a hunch!" 

2020/Post Horowitz: "Okay, so the FBI overstepped and broke the law to abuse the FISC, and yeah there was a lot of POSSIBLE bias and political animus -- but the real story isn't any of that. The real story is PUTIN! He duped the FBI with an insidious disinformation campaign! Those cagey Russians were trying to steal the election by feeding Christopher Steele and the FBI fake intelligence! It's not the FBI's fault, or Obama's, or Clapper's, or Brennan's -- it's Putin's fault! We were duped!"

That's the only defense Comey, Clapper, Brennan, and Obama have left to muster. And they're going with it hard. It's fiction though. The reality is, Obama/Clapper/Brennan/Comey knowingly sought out the disinformation in order to bolster the narrative they already concocted out of the FBI-CID and Langley. They created the "narrative", paid for it to be spread far and wide, and sprinkled in information they knew to be disinformation just to give their coup the air of plausibility (and themselves an out should it go teets up). This line of defense is their out, designed to cover up their illegal actions take in the weeks/months/years prior to Downer meeting G-Pop in a bar. 

It's a key difference that even some good journalists are overlooking. 

Durham won't though.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 9

ROGER SIMON: Declassifications Show Durham Is Democrats’ Worst Nightmare.

UPDATE (FROM GLENN): This is worth breaking out:

First, one of the big lies promulgated by Mueller & Co. was that the Russians favored Trump. This was always dubious. The dossier makes Trump look terrible and since we now have evidence some of it comes from a Russian source, that the Russians wanted him to win seems pretty idiotic. As always, the Russians wanted to sow dissension.

More importantly, these footnotes expand the investigation considerably beyond the “mere” fudging of FISA applications to surveil Carter Page into areas of treason and sedition.

What in the Sam Hill was the FBI doing dealing with someone, Christopher Steele, they knew was being manipulated by Russian intelligence four months before a presidential election? In other words, they understood in July, or possibly even June 2016, that Steele was compromised, yet they continued with and expanded their investigation based on his information knowing it was false.

Why, if not for seditious or treasonous purposes? Someone has to explain.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

They weren't duped. They went in with their eyes wide shut WRT the Constitution and the rule of law.

It was nothing more than cover in the (extremely unlikely) event that their cabal would be uncovered and unravelled. 

Yet, here we are. Some of these perps should serve hard time in Gitmo.

• Like (+1) 4

Morning splattering of declass stories/documents: 

Lots of worthwhile reading: 

Chuck's write up: 

Cleveland's write up: 

Two UH threads which are very important (attaching them in Lee's tweets because it's cleaner/less space)

Then Lee (first) Chris (second) battling a bit with Sergei: 

Lastly: Catherine's latest: 

Got a nice update yesterday from DC, nothing has been stopped due to the virus, but there has been some re-arranging of the roll out schedule due to the bug. Not expecting anything between now and end of May personally, but I'd expect the fireworks to begin sometime June/July.  That's not a prediction, that's not a date I was given, that's me reading tea leaves as best I can with the information available. There are more than likely two big names already under indictment from what I gather. One, if it's real, would just make all the delays worthwhile. It's going top down, like a RICO matter (their words) rather than middle up/down or bottom up. 

Addendum: 

(Read Jeff's main thread, but the clip is also an important refresher of how bold they were in terms of breaking the law during the transition)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Start at 15:40 and listen close: https://www.npr.org/2016/12/19/504998487/transcript-and-video-nprs-exit-interview-with-president-obama

He knew. He did the country DIRTY. And should meet the same fate as other seditious asshats throughout history.

Never gonna happen. My goodness, he does like the sound of his own voice.

Spewing a pack of lies, I cannot believe no one in his administration thought this was not going to come out at some point. This interview was after Trump was elected President. You'd think the words "plausible deniability" would have been whispered in Obama's ear, and someone would have told him to STFU.

You talked about this with the comedian Trevor Noah the other day. And you said a number of things in a row. You observed that there had been contacts between members of Mr. Trump's staff and Russian officials. You noted that Trump benefited from the hacks. Your spokesman, Josh Earnest, has gone on to say this week that it's obvious that Trump knew what was going on. To what extent are you suggesting some kind of cooperation between the president-elect and Russian officials here?

Well, I'm, I'm not suggesting cooperation at all. Keep in mind that those statements were in the context of everyone now acting surprised by the CIA assessment that this was done purposely to improve Trump's chances. And my only point was that shouldn't be treated as a blockbuster because that was the worst kept secret in this town.

Everybody understood that. It was reported on. Steve, if you go back and look at your stories, if you read any mainstream publication, you would see that if you have a hack of the DNC and a hack of Hillary Clinton's most senior advisers' e-mails, and those things are then released in drip-drip-drip fashion over the course of months, and that seem to generate consistently negative coverage despite the fact that there's nothing in there that's particularly controversial, that it's mostly just, as I said, political gossip or routine emails between folks who are working in a campaign environment, then it's a pretty clear inference that people would draw, and did draw, that this was helping the Trump campaign and it was hurting the Hillary campaign.

That doesn't mean that the Trump campaign was coordinating. It just means that they understood what everybody else understood, which was that this was not good for Hillary Clinton's campaign. And when you combine that with the fact that the president-elect has been very honest about his admiration for Putin and that he hopes to forge a more cooperative relationship with him and focus on the threat of Islamic terrorism, then my only point was we shouldn't now suddenly act as if this is a huge revelation.

In October, we said, after being very careful about it because we had no interest in appearing as if we were putting our thumbs on the scales, we did what was almost unprecedented which was, every intelligence agency in the federal government arrived at a consensus, that the Russians had hacked the DNC. And the information that was now being released was as a consequence of a decision by Russian intelligence and Russian officials at the highest levels.

So what the CIA is now assessing, which was it was done purposefully to tilt the election in the direction of a particular candidate, shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. And in fact isn't a surprise to anybody.

And as I said before, the issue now is not relitigating the election. The issue now is for us to learn lessons so that we don't have an ongoing situation in every election cycle where you have substantial foreign influence in our campaigns.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3