DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cohen paid the women with his own money, funneled into an LLC (or law firm, I forget) and billed Trump for the expense. Which is standard practice for lawyers. Trump paid Cohen back during the campaign, with his own money. The only way it's illegal for Trump to have done any of that is if he used campaign money to do so (meaning money donated to him, which was all small donors because he self funded his campaign). 

What on God's Earth are you talking about?  Pretty much this entire paragraph is incorrect.

Just now, gatorbait said:

After reading more about it he plead guilty to eight felonies. There’s no doubt in my mind he flipped on Trump to only spend 3-5 years in jail instead of the rest of his life.

Read the Campaign Finance section of the actual documents in the link at the top of this page. It answers all your questions. Basically they "influenced" the election by having a deal with the National Enquirer to buy/pay off any negative stories that came up (which were Stormy Daniels and the Playmate). They use the language "in order to influence the 2016 election"... think about that in terms of every other presidential campaign in history. Is Trump the first, or last, candidate to stave off bad press of the gossip variety by paying for NDAs? How many candidates before Trump have used their relationships with various editors and media-magnates to get "tips" about bad news before it breaks, with assurances to help smooth it over in the papers and media companies they own?

What this shows me is that Cohen didn't flip because he had nothing to give. That's the best he can do? It's tenuous, and not at all (from what I can tell, I'll defer to Koko) perilous in a legal sense for Trump. Hell, it's barely connected to him considering the only illegal finance element of the whole thing is because Cohen committed bank fraud to get a loan in a matter completely unrelated to any of this (the taxi medallion stuff). 

But it'll be THE narrative for the next two days. 

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Barring some sort of unknown evidence, it doesn't impact Trump other than in the PR/Political spin world. 

Cohen paid the women with his own money, funneled into an LLC (or law firm, I forget) and billed Trump for the expense. Which is standard practice for lawyers. Trump paid Cohen back during the campaign, with his own money. The only way it's illegal for Trump to have done any of that is if he used campaign money to do so (meaning money donated to him, which was all small donors because he self funded his campaign). 

It's a charge that lacks evidence and believably (there's no reason Trump would use campaign money, he's got more than enough personal money to cover 130k) and is designed to further the narrative through headline news.

I'm challenging you to break free and think for yourself. To empower yourself. Not lecturing.

Sometimes it takes a jolt. 

Think for yourself you say....this from the guy who posts links all day everyday of people telling others how to think...you are as big a fraud as your hero

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What on God's Earth are you talking about?  Pretty much this entire paragraph is incorrect.

Read the plea documents yourself, linked on the last page. It's accurate. 

By the way, did you ever get around to reading that FISC opinion memo you said you would? Or nah?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, baskin said:

Think for yourself you say....this from the guy who posts links all day everyday of people telling others how to think...you are as big a fraud as your hero

You really don't know the difference between "telling others how to think" and "sharing information?"  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Barring some sort of unknown evidence, it doesn't impact Trump other than in the PR/Political spin world. 

Well, there's the problem.  If he used his own money to reimburse Cohen, and self-funded his campaign, where does campaign finance begin and personal finance end?  

It's really easy to make the case that, since his campaign was self-financed, if he paid personally for a woman's discretion, that payment becomes "campaign finance" if the intent was to prevent the story going public during the election.  It'd be an awfully dangerous precedent - what is and is not campaign spending depends on the intent of the spending - but it's by no means a stretch of an argument.  At least the Clintons have the great good sense to launder their contributions through a maze of shell companies.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

They're blessed to have never faced any sort of such scrutiny. but they come across as.. intelligent I suppose.

So I guess you are one of the slavish cultists that still chant "lock her up!" Without a hint of irony, lol 

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You really don't know the difference between "telling others how to think" and "sharing information?"  :lol:

Well, there's the problem.  If he used his own money to reimburse Cohen, and self-funded his campaign, where does campaign finance begin and personal finance end?  

It's really easy to make the case that, since his campaign was self-financed, if he paid personally for a woman's discretion, that payment becomes "campaign finance" if the intent was to prevent the story going public during the election.  It'd be an awfully dangerous precedent - what is and is not campaign spending depends on the intent of the spending - but it's by no means a stretch of an argument.  At least the Clintons have the great good sense to launder their contributions through a maze of shell companies.

True. In which case it goes back to what GB said above, it becomes a violation punishable by a fine, not a felony or even a "crime". 

But it's a PR nightmare (always was gonna be regardless).

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ha ha ha!!! DR sharing information!!! Great one! You are such a tool 

VERDICT: Paul Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, judge declares mistrial on 10 others. “Manafort was found guilty of all five tax fraud charges, each carrying a maximum of three years in prison. The jury found he filed false income tax returns in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Manafort, 69, was also found guilty of one count of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts in 2012, which carries a maximum of five years in prison.”

All of this, of course, predates Trump’s campaign.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So I guess you are one of the slavish cultists that still chant "lock her up!" Without a hint of irony, lol 

Wait what?? That was all sarcasm swear to God the cult of Hillary hate scares the crap out of me. I"m out of here.. knew it was a bad idea! Little tongue in cheek sarcasm at Bill's expense. I'm out! Never coming back!

Whose next Tards. Don Jr? Kushner? Ivanka? That little twerp Barron? You know whats really gonna suck is when President Cheeseburger is limited to one fat laden grade z no beef patty on a stale 6 month old bun in the big house. Maybe Bubba can put some special sauce on that bun for good ol' Donnie.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

I’d like to see Trump and Hillary share a cell. 

Well, for now, only one of them has been implemented in the commission of a federal crime. 

Just now, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Whose next Tards. Don Jr? Kushner? Ivanka? That little twerp Barron? You know whats really gonna suck is when President Cheeseburger is limited to one fat laden grade z no beef patty on a stale 6 month old bun in the big house. Maybe Bubba can put some special sauce on that bun for good ol' Donnie.

Trump in jail!!!! 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ok! 

Also, she rigged her primary, illegally, and you know it. 

#Berniewouldhavewon

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

VERDICT: Paul Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, judge declares mistrial on 10 others. “Manafort was found guilty of all five tax fraud charges, each carrying a maximum of three years in prison. The jury found he filed false income tax returns in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Manafort, 69, was also found guilty of one count of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts in 2012, which carries a maximum of five years in prison.”

All of this, of course, predates Trump’s campaign.

Well thats because Trump is Jesus reincarnate.  He’s perfect. In fact, mate’s better than JC. ???

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well thats because Trump is Jesus reincarnate.  He’s perfect. In fact, mate’s better than JC. ???

No one remotely thinks that here.

But sometimes its easier to be snarky, than to think.

Just look at the last two pages............?

• Like (+1) 1